JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Best One Hit Wonders

Lerkot

VH1 did a special on this a couple of years ago, a lot of those artists really had more than one hit too even if they just released one album and then faded away:

http://www.vh1.com/search/search.jhtml?sea...One+Hit+Wonders

When artists are big it's like you hear their whole album played on the radio and to call MC Hammer a one hit wonder would be like calling Jay-Z a one hit wonder 'cause he had a bunch of hits before and after "U Can't Touch This", that was just his biggest hit...

Edited by bigted

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth Hurts might be considered a one hit wonder, that song with Rakim called "Addicitive" was her only big hit so far, I don't think Aftermath released anymore singles off that "Truthfully Speaking" album which is a shame 'cause that was one of the best r&b albums I heard over recent years that I think is underrated, I remember that song was playing everywhere in the summer of '02, that was a sign that Rakim was gonna have a huge comeback I was hyped for that but we all know what happened after that moment, but didn't she release an album last year independently after she got dropped from Aftermath? I thought it was wack that Dre dropped her 'cause she got a great voice, I think if her song "For Your Precious Love" came out would've helped "Ali" soundtrack sell more, I actually was playing that soundtrack recently too...

Edited by bigted

JJFP

Well actually those who don't know much about them think that "Summertime" was their only hit: "Summer-Summertime seems like all I got", which is what Will was refering to the haters who only give JJFP credit for having "Summertime"

Skee-Lo had a hit with "Top of The Stairs" also. But his other singles Superman, Bounce Back, and At The Mall didn't do well. Craig Mack had a hit with "Get Down" along with the remix of "Flava In Ya Ear." I can't remember the 1997 single, but he had a hit with that as weel. That remix he did in 2002 with some Bad Boy artist waz huge 2. Alot of people were waiting for his new album on Bad Boy, but he's disappeared again.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Tatyana Ali "Daydreamin'", well then again wasn't "Boy You Knock Me Out" a hit too? She might be a two-hit wonder so far, if "Grindin'" with Kel Spence came out that'd be a hit, Kel's probably the greatest no hit wonder so far :kekeke: btw AJ the name of that Bad Boy remix from 2002 that Craig Mack is featured on is G Dep's "Special Delivery", I got that song on a mixtape I bought a few years ago, Craig Mack would easily be known as one of the greatest rappers ever right now if it wasn't for Puffy screwing up his career, Puffy doesn't want to sign anybody to come on and outshine what him and Biggie did...

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Tatyana Ali "Daydreamin'", well then again wasn't "Boy You Knock Me Out" a hit too? She might be a two-hit wonder so far, if "Grindin'" with Kel Spence came out that'd be a hit, Kel's probably the greatest no hit wonder so far :kekeke: btw AJ the name of that Bad Boy remix from 2002 that Craig Mack is featured on is G Dep's "Special Delivery", I got that song on a mixtape I bought a few years ago, Craig Mack would easily be known as one of the greatest rappers ever right now if it wasn't for Puffy screwing up his career, Puffy doesn't want to sign anybody to come on and outshine what him and Biggie did...

Crak Mack going down aint Puffsy fault, Puffy wanted to release His Albums bu Crack was winning around caus he wanted to work loner on it. And now he has to wait for the other bad boy releases.. He`s on most of the tapes and Remixes tho.

well, maybe Camp Lo? you know, the track Luchini AKA This is it

yeah i was thinkin about Camp Lo, but how big of a hit was Luchini? its their most known for song, but was it really a hit in the US? i dunno i didnt listen to rap back then. but anyways if u listen to Camp Lo's other stuff they are just as good as they were in that track

and Ted i wouldn't consider either of Tatyana Ali's singles "hits". i don't think either of them were ever in video rotation or played on the radio that much.