Best One Hit Wonders

Lerkot

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lumidee - Uh Oh

Every track that used the Dwali Riddim that summer was hot though. Sean Paul, Wayne Wonder, Elephant Man, Lumidee... they made for some real tight mixes... even better, if you were dancing at the party with a fly honey and the mix came on, your dance generally lasted for 10-15 minutes. If you weren't that fortunate... well, that was too bad. Summer and fall of 03 man... memories... :wiggle:

Kriss Kross-Jump

Didn't they have another track? Something about... "shooting the dice like a gun, show everybody how it's done."

Yeah, you could say they had other hits. "Pump It Up Kriss" was quit a succes, but got in the shadow of "Jump". And than later, when they where older they had an Ep, and one of those Tracks came on like number 20 in Billboard. But I still would call them one hit wonder..

I hate the term "one hit wonders"...cuz it's rarely true...

EXAMPLE (this is singles the artists released and the ones that were hits, at least in the US are in CAPS)

Kris Kross - JUMP, WARM IT UP, I MISSED THE BUS, Shame, The Way of Rhyme, AIGHT, I'm Real, Da Bomb, TONIGHTS THE NITE, LIVE AND DIE FOR HIP-HOP

MC HAMMER - LET'S GET IT STARTED, TURN THE MUTHA OUT, THEY PUT ME IN THE MIX, U CAN'T TOUCH THIS, PRAY, HERE COMES THE HAMMER, HAVE U SEEN HER, Dancin' Machine, Help The Children, 2 LEGIT 2 QUIT, THE ADDAM'S GROOVE, THIS IS THE WAY WE ROLL, DON'T PASS ME BY, Good To Go, Gaining Momentum, IT'S ALL GOOD, PUMPS AND A BUMP, DON'T STOP, Sultry Funk, Keep On, Ain't No Stoppin' Us.

YOUNG MC - BUST A MOVE, PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE, I COME OFF, THAT'S THE WAY LOVE GOES, What's Your Flavor?, ON + POPPIN'

Of course Young MC's 1997 album waz called "Return of the One Hit Wonder." Ha ha. The Source hates Young MC, but love him.

I hate the term "one hit wonders"...cuz it's rarely true...

Yes thats right.

By the way, you know what hapened to Kriss Kross? I like that stuff from the album with Jump. And I heard that Ep with "Life and die for Hip Hop", and I thought It was cool. But I dont know.. Did it all stop then?

Edited by Turntable