JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PRAYER AND SUPPORT CIRCLE

I think it'd be cool if you could do it both ways. There are a number of rappers who are fluent in spanish and English. I mean Big Pun did stuff in English, but he also was able to spit in Spanish as well.

Look at all the Reggaeton dudes, Pitbull, Daddy Yankee, etc. Don't think you have to conform to just do one language. If you can get to where you can spit both equally? That can be a powerful advantage for you man.

well reggaeton dudes just spit trash, big pun is a good example, i guess i need double work in it, at least hip-hop i sgetin born good, i bet Jeff would like to see a block party again :kekeke:

I agree with C-Thug. Just mix your rhymes. Sometimes I try to rhyme in dutch or german too. I know you`r problem tho, I also can wriite kinda better in english. But aint nothing wrong with that, caus you can reach a bigger crow if you make it oneday. And the other languages, you can practice on that. Over here, in the netherlands, there are allot of MC`s that rap english, dutch and marrokan etc. all together.

3Cookies is going thru' alot at the moment. She didn't give me real details..and i'm not even sure if she'd want them shared. But she's definitly going thru' some hardtimes right. So please keep her in your prayers.

3Cookies is going thru' alot at the moment. She didn't give me real details..and i'm not even sure if she'd want them shared. But she's definitly going thru' some hardtimes right. So please keep her in your prayers.

Will do. My thoughts go out 2 3Cookies 4 whatever she is going thru

I got a situation on my hands that could effect me 4 a long time that's very annoying and could my life kinda difficult 4 awhile.

For those that don't know, i recently got promoted 2 being the store manager at me work. I'm at the top of the foodchain...until it comes the home office. Well, i love my job and my co-workers. I'm a very laidback and fun kinda boss and everyone loves working there. Very recently, i have been forced 2 hire on a new assistant manager. I wanted 2 hire within the store, but due 2 various polotics, that wazn't an option (until it waz 2 late).

Anyways, i met with this one girl, talked 2 her, interviewed her, and due 2 her past work experience, she waz everything i waz looking for. On top of that i had a very good feeling about her in my heart. I waz very relieved and excited about how things were working out. Well, i hired her and literally just as i put her in the computer and giving her the position....THE MASK CAME OFF. She become strongly opinionated and blunt. I waz training her and telling her many rules and company policies in which she challenged and took as "suggestions." She later went on 2 say things that sounded like she waz telling me i didn't know how 2 do my job. THEN, 2 top it all off, she said a sarcastic but joking comment 2 one of my co-workers which caused her 2 flip out. Most of the people in the store have stopped in just 2 see her cuz they've heard how things have been. I e-mailed my district manager about the situation and he said that "i'm stuck with her." Needless 2 say, it looks like i'm stuck having this person that my team will not like or respect that i don't even wanna work with.

In the past, there have been like 2 other people i wanted 2 get rid of, but couldn't just fire them 4 no reasons. When i realized that i should let God fight my battles and not take it upon myself, it always resolved itself in a timely manner. I'm really hoping that it will happen with this situation 2. So, i the meantime, i'm gonna be on my toes training this person and hoping it won't turn out that bad, while i don't think ANYONE i work with will wanna work with her.

All in all, i'm just hoping i can get some prayer support on this situation that it gets solved without any negative vibes and hopefully in a timely fashion.

Thanx in advance!

Thanx fam (and AJ for all the love) and the prayers. it means alot. Just hafta weather these storms, as it does pass...

AJ, you gotta put your foot down with her and nip that nastiness STRAIT in the bud, before it gets any worse. She sounds like somebody that I need to supervise, . hah. Just make sure you let her know that she's your assistant, and you're still in charge and you have to be FIRM. She sounds like one of those ka~niving kinda ppl who will '**** on you to shine or try to TAKE your position. ... try to make u look incompetent, just to make herself look good. wit her ol ugly self... haha

Wanna get rid of her?

well. u gotta do some leg work. Document everything she does thats unethical, against company policy, tardies, call offs, complaints from customers other workers... etc... Make sure to verbally counsel her every time too. Then after so many offenses, (IF allowable in policy, don't cause u overtyme for coverage, or production wise), you can suspend her for a day or so. Write her up too (formal reprimend) and place her butt on probation for 90 days...and possible grounds for termination.

The magic key in getting rid of bad apples is in proper documentation... that is the KEY. and specifically quote company policy, rule & regulation number she violates... etc... well... the more u know about things shes doing wrong, the better chance u have in getting rid of her...

and when u do.. your days at work will be much easier... just dont let her SEE that she upsets u, or make u leave ur job. that may be her intentions... watch that b!@.... hahah.

peace,

cookie

oh, and for the record... im sharing with u the correct way of dealing with 'trouble' employees, without negative vybes,...and a sure way of getting rid of someone 'legitimately'...

peace,

cookie

i know just how u feel, i work with someone i find difficult to get along with. Only difference is im not the boss or anything. i just try and wave it off. You just have to rise above it and know that u r the better person. Sorry its not great advice, but i know its difficult bcoz if some1 is annoying u in work u cant just walk away.

Hopefully soon enough she will do something which gives u good reason to fire her ass lol.

• 1 month later...

On this day (June 5) in 1981 the virus AIDS was discovered. Since that day 25 million people have died and 65 million have been infected with H.I.V. (the virus that causes AIDS). Just asking those who are religious to pray that soon there can be a cure for AIDS, and asking everyone if someone is collecting money for the cause on the street today, give them a dollar and support finding a cure.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/05/health/0...gewanted=1&_r=1

Yeah, i'm actually really disappointed on how AIDS and HIV is ignored these days. Back in the early 90's...it waz talked about in schools, on TV, in music, and so on. It still gets talked about, but nothing like it used 2 be.

One thing that really disappoints me is that we know exactly how 2 not get it...and we've known about this for so long, that it literally could be wiped out by now. But people are just so ignorant, irresponsible, and carefree 2 achieve that kinda result. I'm not coming down on people have have AIDS or HIV, cuz i actually know someone who has it. But we know that by abstaining or practicing "safer" sex and not sharing used drug needles, this disease would be gone or nearly gone by now.

I pray that they find a cure for it...but i also pray that people clean their lives up, get away from drugs, and learn how 2 control themselves.

Its not as easy as that tho AJ! People in 3rd world countries might not have the choice. For example being born with it! I agree some people need to be more responsible but there are some who have contracted the virus through no fault of their own

Good point, i wazn't looking at it as a worldwide thing with that comment. But it is frustrating. The whole way thru' school, i always did projects and papers on AIDS...just doing my part 2 educate others and keep it in people's heads. I really think we need 2 submurge ourselves with it in the media again.