JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PRAYER AND SUPPORT CIRCLE

Hey guys things are looking up for me the past few days it seems, my uncle's girlfriend is starting to feel better now, she's only gonna be in the hospital for a lil' while to get her strength but she's alert and starting to move around, I've been talking to Krystle more often lately, she goes on the computer at least once a day so she emails me, it's more convienant for her to do it that way since she don't have much time to chat on the phone since she's busy with work and school, we're trying to work out a time to see each other soon as well, and I was talking to the boss that I worked for over the summer yesterday and she gave me extra tips to get a job over here soon, things are looking up definately, now I'm keepin' y'all in my thoughts, hope things are going well for y'all too, thanks for the support, I appreciate it

Edited by bigted

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't made a post in this topic before...but i think it's the right time now.

My life is just messed up at this point. After 3 years and 7 months, me and my girlfriend have broken up. It's really hard right now! I'm trying to be friends but she can't accept that. She want's to be more then just friends....I don't know what to do! It's killing me that i'm hurting her like this...but i just don't have feelings for her anymore. The love is gone...and I cant force myself to love her! I wanne be friends tho...but i just don't see it happen because she cant do it! And then there's this other girl that I might have feelings for and who might have feelings for me...but offcourse there's a problem to! She already has a boyfriend...for over 4 years now...This is really killing me y'all! :therain: :worried:

I'll pray 4 u man. My best advice is 2 be nice 2 you ex...but u should probably make yourself less available 2 her. If u break up and just keep hanging out, there will be alot of problems that u won't be able 2 fix. Time and space are the only thing that might make things better. I've been cool with all of my ex's and wanted 2 remain friends with all of them, but other than the one i had 8 years ago, the girl never wanted 2 stay close after awhile. With the new girl, just chill. It doesn't make much sense 2 jump from one girl 2 the next. U are still emotionally mixed up from the past so u wanna go in2 the right mindstate so that u don't mess up the next thing. On top of that, u need 2 have that girl get her head right. If she isn't gonna break up with her current guy, it's definitly way 2 soon 2 plan starting 2 go after her.

Things will fall in place. Just live right and stay patient...cuz the good things never happen when u want them 2...but when the time is right.

True to what AJ said, but also you gotta remember that there are different kinds of love. You may think you don't love her just because you aren't as passionate as you once were, but that's how it can be. Sonetimes love is filled with passion, and other thimes its just being comfortable with the other person, its just comfort and familiar.

I trust you did the right thing, but this is good to keep in mind for future refrence as well.

Love could be friendship too, if you really want to be friends with her so badly that means there are feelings still there, really what I'd do though is give her space and see if you really still want to be there for her at all that means you do love her, that's how I realised that I love Krystle still, I tried to distant myself from her for awhile and I see if the feelings would still be there or not, of course I also gave her space 'cause she got a man, we never went out but the feelings I have for her are just stronger than anyone I was with before her and really I haven't been able to go out with anyone after I met her 'cause nobody else I met since her made me feel the way I felt about her and I basically missed talking to her and be around her, I never met a girl that made me feel the way I feel about her, she's such a great person I realised I need her in my life one way or another, now I was a lil' nervous if she's changed in between the last time we talked over 1 year and a half 'cause a lot of those I used to be cool with became jerks, really I feel bad that I waited that long, so my best suggestion would be a couple months at the most if you still want to be there for her let her know, I made a mistake, I should've only waited only a couple months to check up on Krystle, it was my damn ego tripping on me 'cause really a day never went by that I never wanted to talk to her but I get so used to rejection I thought she was gonna forget about me, she actually thought I forgot about her too 'cause of how other friends treated her lately too, really the lesson that's been learned is that you gotta be open minded and treat each person as an

individual,can't let how others treat you effect how you treat others, if my ego kept up I could've lost a great friend in my life that I really care a lot for, that Boyz II Men lyric says it all, "never let a broken heart take a chance for love away"

I thank god she's still a nice person and really we still click real well even after that time apart, right now we're there for each other as friends, that's up to her basically if she loves me more or she loves her man more, I ain't putting no pressure on her at all, but right now it don't feel right for me to be with anyone else, I made another mistake trying to force myself on other girls last summer but I found out they weren't that nice,

really you can't force love, you really gotta be yourself and if people respect you they respect you, I'm patient till the right time comes,it's gonna take a hell of a woman to make me forget about her that's for sure, Krystle got my heart, if she ever gave me a chance I'd make sure that I treat her right...

Now as far as thwe other girl, well really I'd just try to be friends with her and that's it since she got a man already, be patient and respectful, good luck with everything, you're in my thoughts dawg

Edited by bigted

Thanx y'all!! Me and my ex have decided that we are going to give eachother some space and some time. Maybe after a month or so I'll realize what I'm missing...you never know! And AJ is right, the fact that I still wanne be friends with her means that there are still feelings...It's just hard right now! Thanx 4 the advice y'all!

Please keep my friend Krystle in your thoughts, she just told me on the phone that her grandfather passed away

Yeah I'm gonna be supporting her in anyway that she wants me to, thanks homie

Thanx y'all!! Me and my ex have decided that we are going to give eachother some space and some time. Maybe after a month or so I'll realize what I'm missing...you never know! And AJ is right, the fact that I still wanne be friends with her means that there are still feelings...It's just hard right now! Thanx 4 the advice y'all!

Yo fan4ever, I may not be in your position that you are in but if I got any advice for you - it is to keep your girlfriend man. Espeically after so long you've been with her. I don't understand how you could just lose feelings like that. I say this for these reasons.

Heres my story. Early January this year I met this girl Shannon. Me and her clicked right off the bat and started going out. Around mid summertime, I lost my focus. I mean, I really lost my focus. I just wasn't showing her enough love and attention. I wanted to hang out with my friends, play hockey or tennis and work out. I lost my focus and got so lazy so much that apart of me didn't wanna be in a relationship anymore. I'll never forget on the 22nd of August, we parked somewhere by her house and there she is crying in my front seat and me sitting there not knowing how I felt about myself. I suggested we take a "break". About two days later, I ran back to her explaining myself. We got back together and eventually a week later she said she felt "rushed" and didnt feel the same. So we talked as friends but and there was still something there. Mid September comes around and she comes over my house and we're chillin on my head, holding each other. My parents come home so we casually get up and she goes on my computer. She opened some saved convos between me and my ex Robyn that was saved from July. Ouch. Tell me about it. In there was just some stuff about me and Robyn talking about the past. I shouldn't've saved those convos but I dont know why I did. Shannon got upset and any trust that was being built was immediatly gone. A few days later I go over her house and I start crying. I didnt wanna lose her. She was mad but also saw how upset I was. Two days later we were suppose to hang out before she hung out with her friends but her plans got messed up and she was in a mood all day and she wouldnt talk to me everytime I called. I feared I did something wrong again. I called her 23 times in a span of 2 hours or so. Crazy...yeah I know. She wouldnt pick up. A couple days later I got the idea to send her a dozen roses with a note about everything. This was to be delievered to her on the 27th of Sept ..which woulda been 8 months for us. She gets the flowers but is pissed. She sends me texts saying there is no more us. Her best friend even comes in and says for me to leave her alone. I was crushed.

I go about 2 weeks without talking to her and I cracked and I talked to her on the phone about everything again. This was the 10th of October. She seemed like she cared but it was too late. Turns out her friend Gary, who was always trying to make a move on her while she was with me in the summer like pay for stuff and call her all the time waited till I made mistakes and played the caring game and won Shannon over. Shannon went to him and hasnt looked back. Shannon still IMs my best friend online once in awhile but I havent talked to Shannon since mid October.

Weird thing is, two weeks ago I had a real romantic dream about Shannon. I was walking with my friend and there was Shannon and her friend Liz. Liz was saying hey to me and then I see Shannon with tears runnin down her face. I ask wahts wrong? She says shes sorry for everything and then I say dont be, Im the sorry one. and we kiss and make up. just like that. WHAT A DREAM!. So later that same day, she was talking to my best friend Shawn online. They were talkin about Xmas and what they wanted. Shawn (who moved away up north jersey) said somethin bout wishing he could move back and hang with me again. Shannon then asked how I was doing and how im doing in school and so forth. Shawn playing dumb asked if shes talked to me at all and she said she hasnt talked to me in the longest time and said I blocked her on AIM. (in which I did for a month but had her unblocked since early Dec) and I'm surprised she noticed I blocked her. The next day, I was working and I was thinking about what if Shannon came in and whatd I say to her. About 3 hours later I find out she went into Shop-rite (food store where I work) by herself to buy a cheesecake. She and her fam goto Pathmark (another food store) and she'd never come esp. knowing I work there. However, I didnt see Shannon as I was on break. It was just really weird ...all these things happening. My friends are telling me at least shes thinking about me. Which maybe true I guess.

However, moral of the story is fan4ever, dont lose something good you have man. I did and I really regret it. Shannon is everything to me and I messed up really badly. I was thinking about calling her or going into the place where she works and seeing her and kiss her hand or somethin like I use to do but I dont know. I've been quiet for almost 3 months now. I just wish I could be with her again. But yeah wow I wrote alot but thats my melodrama in my life recently - it sucks. I wanna be in love again.

The best song that pretty much sums up my relationship with Shannon perfectly is LL Cool J - "Candy" ..everything for the most part in that song is true for me.

Thanks to anyone who read that.

Now as we come into the '07 basically it's sorta like a fresh start , basically we gotta make the best of our moments, I wish the best for everyone here, appreciate the love and support, and now I've been rweally trying to lift up my friend Krystle's spirits 'cause she's been down since her gransdfather passed away last week, basically I just been letting her know that I have her back and that I care about her, I think Guy's "Smile" song really reflects the mood, basically I'm just trying to bring happiness to her sad days by showing her that I'm out there for her to confort her pain(the group that was part of Teddy Riley's new jack swing movement in case your unaware, with Aaron Hall being the lead singer)

Lyrics to Guy's “Smile”

-Intro:

All I want you to do baby

Is lay back and relax awhile

Listen to what I have to tell you

And I hope by the end of the song

I'll have you smiling

Verse One:

Everytime I see you, you're wearing the same ol' frown(Wearin' the same ol' frown) (Why don't you please?)

Lift up your pretty head and show the world you're not down?

Baby please smile

Chorus:

Baby, please smile(Smile)

Just for a lil' while(Smile)

Smile for me baby(Smile)

S-M-I-L-E, Smile Baby(Smile)

Oh baby, baby (Smile)

Smile for me baby(Smile)

Verse Two:

Now that the frown is lifted

what you gonna do about it now girl?

I'm talking to you girl, yeah

I'm making one suggestion

now that I made you happy

keep on smiling, keep on smiling

chorus #2:

Smile, girl with me baby, can't you see that I'm in love with you (From the bottom of my heart)

Smile(I need to see you baby)

Smile, girl for me baby

can't you see I'm in love with you

can't you see the tears in my eyes, ooh wee

Bridge:

Play it for me, play it for me Teddy

You're making me happy, you're making me happy

repeat chorus #2