JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PRAYER AND SUPPORT CIRCLE

Wow, i can't imagin being 17 and in that position. Oh well, they need 2 handle their business. U can't just kill someone cuz u aren't responsible...time 2 step up and realize what's important.

I know a lot of people on this board including myself have been critical about Eminem's music but I think we need to keep Eminem in our thoughts 'cause he's has a lot of drama in his life right now with his friend Proof dying, dealing with his divorce, he's having thoughts of suicide, hopefully he could get it together with his life and lead an example to the millions that buy his music and look up to him:

****EXCLUSIVE****

April 13, 2006. In an exclusive interview granted to MediaTakeout.com, a close friend of Marshall "Eminem" Mathers is worried that the rap star may be suicidal. The friend, who has asked to remain anonymous, claims that Eminem's break-up with his two-time wife Kim and the recent death of his best friend may be too much for the rap superstar to endure. According to the friend, "I'm not sure that [Eminem] can handle all this ... I'm worried that he may try to hurt himself."

The past year has been particularly trying for Eminem. Eight months ago the platinum-selling artist checked himself into a substance abuse clinic to recover from a sleeping pill addiction. Last week, Eminem announced that he was divorcing his longtime love Kim Mathers. Shortly afterwards, Kim suggested on a Detroit radio show that Eminem is still addicted to sleeping pills. And two days ago, Eminem's best friend Deshaun "Proof" Holton was gunned down in a Detroit nightclub.

Eminem is no stranger to suicide. The rapper has admitted to attempting suicide in 1997. After his then girlfriend Kim left him and barred him from visiting their child, Eminem unsuccessfully tried to take his life by ingesting more than a dozen pain killers.

Two of Eminem's uncles, however, were successful in their suicide attempts. In 1992, Ronnie Nelson, the brother of Eminem's mother, shot himself with a shotgun. In 2004, Todd Nelson, another brother of Eminem's mother, shot himself in the head as he sat in his car. These suicides are particularly troubling since studies show that a person with a family history of suicide is two and a half times more likely to take their own life.

Developing...

www.mediatakeout.com

Edited by bigted

Wow...good to see something like this is here. I would explain my own situation, but man...I'd be here all night typing, and nobody would read it all, so...lol...

Just make sure that if you keep people in here in your prayers, to please keep Gary in yours. (by the way...Gary is me....figured you knew that, but...you know...it's the net and all...can't assume anything..lol).

I could definitely use all the prayers I can get.

heh heh....

Ahh...let's see...how do I sum all this up. lol

I am originally from the East Coast (Virginia) and am now in Washington State, about 3000 miles from where I used to call home. been out here for about 6 or 7 years now.

I've got a few medical issues, mainly physical, not mental or psychological (that I know of) and although I realize FULLY that there are people out there that are SO much more messed up than I am, and that my life is pretty damn good compared to what it used to be when I was homeless, that it doesn't negate the fact that I have problems now.

I'm currently classified as disabled because I have lymphadema which is swelling in my lower legs. From ankles to knees are pretty bad and they hurt. I told my mother I was retaining water, and for some reason she found that funny. :-)

I get frustrated because I'm only 31 and I shouldn't be out of work. I shouldn't be going through the **** I'm going through and my life shouldn't feel like it's so empty (both emotionally and otherwise) when I'm 31 damn years old, you know?

I'm trying to get back in the church. The last place I went to I happened to live above the church in an apartment building run by the church. That was not an ideal situation.

The people there turned out to not be quite as sincere as I would have hoped, or believed. I had many people tell me, "You know, these people are phony. They're not Christlike at all, they pretend to, they say they are, but they're actions don't exhibit that."

I, however, continue to think only the best in people (I balance that ideal with the outright distrust of people as well...wrap your head around THAT one...*rolls eyes at myself*) so I allowed myself to fall into the whole bad situation, and it came to a head when the Pastor's wife had an affair with another co-worker who lived in the building and worked down there. Couple that with all the growing distrust (on their part) of anyone who didn't side along with what they had going (Gee, where have we heard of anyone slamming and attacking those who disagree?) leading UP to that incident, and now everything over there has fallen apart, and the church/fellowship is barely even open right now.

I got sort of caught up because I was looked at as supposedly spreading gossip about the situation and I was kinda surprised because if I'm gonna spread anything, it sure as hell isn't gonna be THAT, because that's not anyone's business, but nevertheless, I was threatened by the Pastor's son (The family are a bunch of backwoods gun carrying hicks, so...that was an interesting phone call) and fortunately I had moved out a couple months before all this went down.

So now I'm luckily in another apartment building on the other side of town, MUCH happier, MUCH less stressed, and overall doing well.

I found another church and have been going there for the past few weeks. I think I'm gonna enjoy this one, and they don't seem to be as phony and plastic as the last place. Of course everyone saw that but me so...take that for whatever.

So I'm just in the middle of a whole lot of crap right now, and the physical stuff doesn't help it when I'm dealing with all this other stuff too.

So, anyway...just keep me in your prayers people. I much appreciate it all!

well, im sure u can 'sum' it up 4 us... Nobody talks as much as me, I've discovered. lol.

my thoughts n prayers go out to everyone of my sistas n brothas...

peace,

cookie

Ted...

Lol...

We'll definitely keep you in our thoughts and prayers Gary. It seems that things have taken a slight turn for the positive, and I hope that continues.

hey JJFp comunnity i never posted here but, well i need sum wise ppl, iono if im makin dis so hard but anywayz, heres the "prob", many of you have read my songs in the numero uno forum and many of you have reocgnized i did it good, but here my friends critize me cos i do it in english, i dont do it in spanish cos iono i dont like my way to flow in spanish, they say i can do it, but i dont feel very talented to make it by spanish, i've been practicin, next saturday there's the first "block party" in peru, wit freestyle battles, but i feel bad cos i cant go there i spit english, maybe u can at least say sumthin to make me feel better cos i feel frustrated, wanna be ok wit both parts, wit me and all the enlgish rappers here an other places who helped me, and my ppl, even they didnt support me but they'r my ppl. thnks

I think it'd be cool if you could do it both ways. There are a number of rappers who are fluent in spanish and English. I mean Big Pun did stuff in English, but he also was able to spit in Spanish as well.

Look at all the Reggaeton dudes, Pitbull, Daddy Yankee, etc. Don't think you have to conform to just do one language. If you can get to where you can spit both equally? That can be a powerful advantage for you man.