JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith going down The River Kwai?

jj+fp2004

Presumably still a little peeved that he didn't get the Best Actor gong for "Ali" a couple of years back - he was rather superb, but it wouldn't be the first time those at the Kodak theatre have overlooked a performance - Will Smith's been down to the Blockbuster to check out a few films that are undoubtedly Academy shoe-in's.

The "Hitch" star has picked up "The Bridge on the River Kwai", and according to a report in this month's Empire Magazine, has expressed interest in doing a remake.

A stunning film, far ahead of it's time, "Kwai" focuses on British soldiers who are forced to build a railway bridge for their WWII Japanese captors, unaware of an allied mission to blow it up. It's a gem you wouldn't suspect anyone would have the beans to tackle.

So who would Smitty play? Shears (played by William Holden in the original)?, Colonel Nicholson (played by Sir Alec Guinness)?, Col. Saito? (played by Sessue Hayakawa)?....or is he merely interested in directing the retool?

Guess if he finds a studio that supports his idea - we'll find out in due course.

The Source

Wow. That a lot for Fp. He better take a break b4 he wears himself out. I mean he is gonna do a tour then Affirmative Action and then Tonight He Comes. Maybe The Pursuit Of Happiness. Which he said he would like to do. Not only that since Lost and Found is doing pretty good he might do another album. Still even if he doesn't do another album thats a lot of work. But I think if he even does this movie it would be producing it.

Edited by Angel Amor

I'm not sure if Will is making an tour although he said it...cause the number of possible movie projects is rising...i think will should do tonight he comes and pursuit of happiness because these will(guerantee)him an oscar ,but not affirmative action...will & ben affleck on screen???please this gonna suck like Wild Wild West!!!

Two Films have been announced (Sorry if this is old news)

'Tonight, He Comes'

A superhero (Smith) who crash-lands in a small town causes waves when he falls for a local housewife.

'Affirmative Action'

A South Boston Cop and FBI agent - who both have different views on race - team to find a black soldier who goes A.W.O.L. after committing a crime. co-staring Ben Affleck.

Since these have only been announced they may not ever get produced.