JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What artists/tracks you feelin' lately?

What artists/tracks you feeling lately? For me its

Jennifer Lopez - Her "Rebirth" album. I downloaded it (I plan to buy it dont worry) and its amazing. I started liking J. Lo back when her "Waiting for Tonight" song dropped then I loved "Jenny From The Block" but I never got those albums. But 'Rebirth" is definatly great. I'm also feeling her first hit "I'm Real" and all the hits inbetween. My friend is gonna let me borrow "This is the real me..then" soon hopefully. Shes different than current pop artists because I love her vocals and beats. Shes from the Bronx and was a dancer and what not. Tracks like the famous "Get Right" to "I Got You" and "Still Around" make the album dope. I love almost every track.

Van Halen - My parents in the 80s loved Van Halen. Van Halen is a hard-rock band. Since 1978 they've been dropping albums and have had an endless amount of hits such as "Runnin' With the Devil", "Jump", "Why Cant This Be Love"..etc. The band was led by singer David Lee Roth from '78 to '85 and he was an awesome singer. A little crazy though. From '85 to '96 the band had Sammy Hagar who also helped the band sell many more millions of records. They just toured last summer with Sammy Hagar (hes back with them). I'm feeling a lot of their songs right now.

Snoop Dogg - "Gin & Juice" and "Nuthin but a G thang". I was never a fan of the mid-90s gangsta music but these songs are just classics even though the lyrics are trash. lol. I love the synthesizer or whatever in the songs. That classic west coast sounds out of the 90s. Similar to Skee-Lo's "I Wish", Coolio's "Fantastic Voyage", Montell Jordan's "This Is How We Do It" and even Hammer's "Pumps and a Bump".

So what are you guys feeling?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souls of Mischief - tim introduced me 2 them and i got their No Man's Land album. i've been bumpin it a lot this past week. i think this is an album that will never get old and that i'll love 4 years.

Outkast - i got curious so i decided 2 download sum outkast and i think they have really good ol skool flava. i think i'll be buying some more of their albums and enjoyin them 4 years 2 come.

Lately, since i got BRIAN MCKNIGHT's new album, Gemini, i've been listening 2 that and his past stuff (always amoungst my favorites). JENNIFER LOPEZ's Rebirth also has been in the CD player on heavy rotation. When i'm in the mood from some acoustic pop/rock stuff, i pop in some JASON MRAZ. I've also been listening 2 alot of SMOOTH's stuff (the female rapper/R-N-B singer who waz on Jive the same time as JJ+FP).

Well it seems like I've been playing Rakim's "The 18th Letter" CD everyday since I bought it a few weeks ago, I wasn't really playing New Edition's "One Love" CD a lot when I bought it but I've been playin' it more lately, I've also been listening to MC Hammer's Greatest Hits album more lately than I usually do, he has a lot of energy, gotta give him props for that. Other than that basically I've been listening to JJFP, Public Enemy, Nas, KRS-ONE, Keith Sweat, Boyz II Men, and LL Cool J in heavy rotation, with an occasional listen to some James Brown, but that's the usual for me. :poke: Speaking of Snoop, I still didn't get around to pickin' up his new album, is it any good? I definately would pick his album up faster than I would any G Unit's albums.

Edited by bigted

• Admin

dude Jim j-lo cant sing seriously..she hasnt got a good voice at all..have you ever seen her sing live? no theres a reason 4 that... that said..that beat for her new single is hot! i love the horns..

at the moment im listening to opio - triangulation station and hall & oates covers album our kind of soul..bothe are really great albums :thumb:

Haha

Beck - Odelay Produced by the Dust Brothers who produced "Pauls Boutique" by The Beastie Boys . Came out in 96 but i only just got, a mix of hip-hop, folk, punk, and synthesizer stuff and sounds fresh to this day. It's one of the albums i've been playing and playing anywhere i go.

And some old JJFP stuff, this new band from England like The Kasier Chiefs.

Van Halen are legends, but my fave song by them is Dance The Night Away, A classic even if its not too well known.

Green Day's American Idiot is still on play in my CD Player

Jimmy Eat World's Futures is too

Other than Will SMith & JJFP albums as of late cos im in the mood, i havent really had much hip-hop on rotation.

Still there's plenty of time for that come March 29th.

i got JLos album on sat so im listening to that in my car, i really like the first half but the second half is a bit boring.

I also decided to get out my oldies and played homebase and TLCs ooooohhhh on the TLC tip.

oh and i was listening to 2pac last week bcoz i was angry lol.

Fantasia...anything by her, the girl can blow!

i esp. like I Believe, and Baby Mama...cuz i know a lot of them lol

the book of Love by Peter Gabriel, i was watching Shall We Dance with my mom and we both fell in love with that song :kekeke:

Jack Johnson's new album that came out last week, In Between Dreams, is amazing... Jurassic 5 is always good... getting into Hieroglyphics a bit thanks to Hero... and I randomly like "The Number One Spot" at the moment, tho I'm not a huge Ludacris fan - mainly b/c he sampled the Austin Powers whistle thing :ridepony:

Edited by scyhigh99

Wordsworth - Mirror Music ... one of the greatest hip-hop albums ive ever heared .. i love every single track .. its so dope ..

De La Soul - Im really feelin nearly all of their tracks .. my favorites are the 2 aoi albums and the stakes is high lp ..

JJFP - Of course .. im listenin to them every day just to lower the time until l&f comes out ..

LL Cool J - what shall i say .. hes def .. y'all know that ..

Jurassic 5 - i really love that concrete schoolyard track ..