JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What artists/tracks you feelin' lately?

well heres the artists than albums:

Usher - 8701 (U Don't Have To Call is my favorite song of all time (produced by neptunes))

Michael Jackson - Invincible (underrated and "Butterflies is a smooth track")

obviously jjfp

some mobb deep

some de la soul

some r. kellly

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Usher 8701 album is amazing. Everytime i pop it in, it takes me back 2 summer 2001. "U Don't Have To Call" is actually my least favorite track on the album, i waz devistated when they chose it as a single. It's success waz really cool also since the album waz supposed 2 drop in 2000, but after the 1st single "Pop Ya Collar" didn't do so well, the started recording again, reworked it, and it turned in2 the monster it is. I think everything Usher dose is amazing tho'...i think alot of the people who hate on him don't really give him a chance...alot like FP.

Everytime I play NBA2K5 on my PS2, I always listen to the soundtrack on there 'cause it's so damn dope, a lot of talented underground mcs on there. I love the ol' school break beats on there too, I would picture myself freestylin' to some of them. My favorite songs on there are:

Aceyalone and Mad Lib "KO Player"

Hieroglyphics and Goapele "Soweto"

Blackstone "All Positions"

Del "Rules And Regulations(JMJ)"

Abstract Rude "Through These Streets"

It's like they made this game for hip-hop/NBA fanatics like me. :?uestlove:

That Usher 8701 album is amazing. Everytime i pop it in, it takes me back 2 summer 2001. "U Don't Have To Call" is actually my least favorite track on the album, i waz devistated when they chose it as a single. It's success waz really cool also since the album waz supposed 2 drop in 2000, but after the 1st single "Pop Ya Collar" didn't do so well, the started recording again, reworked it, and it turned in2 the monster it is. I think everything Usher dose is amazing tho'...i think alot of the people who hate on him don't really give him a chance...alot like FP.

Word! I love that album! My fav R&B album!

These days I'm really into Nas! His first album Illmatic is a classic! I love it! Memory Lane, The World Is Yours and New York State Of Mind are so dope!

Yeah, it makes me really happy some of u guys like Usher! Yeah I got every album by him original bought and in the 8701 album my fav. track is U Don't Have To Call and U Got It Bad! Usher is just great man!!! :thumb:

Everytime I play NBA2K5 on my PS2, I always listen to the soundtrack on there 'cause it's so damn dope, a lot of talented underground mcs on there. I love the ol' school break beats on there too, I would picture myself freestylin' to some of them. My favorite songs on there are:

Aceyalone and Mad Lib "KO Player"

Hieroglyphics and Goapele "Soweto"

Blackstone "All Positions"

Del "Rules And Regulations(JMJ)"

Abstract Rude "Through These Streets"

It's like they made this game for hip-hop/NBA fanatics like me. :?uestlove:

Yeah man, me too! First the game is very great, way better than NBA Live but second this isn't a gameboard and I tell u that I also like the tracks on it! I don't really know the names and that but my fav. track is this one where they rhyme almost every last word like PLAYER, WEST LA YER, RIGHT UNDER THE SNAI ER, it's a lil bit hard to write but I hope u know what I mean! And I think there was also a sentence in the track like I MAY SIT ALONE BUT I'M RUNNIN' FOR MAYER??!! Don't know, because I don't really understand the last words they're sayin' but I think u know which one I mean...

Yeah man, me too! First the game is very great, way better than NBA Live but second this isn't a gameboard and I tell u that I also like the tracks on it! I don't really know the names and that but my fav. track is this one where they rhyme almost every last word like PLAYER, WEST LA YER, RIGHT UNDER THE SNAI ER, it's a lil bit hard to write but I hope u know what I mean! And I think there was also a sentence in the track like I MAY SIT ALONE BUT I'M RUNNIN' FOR MAYER??!! Don't know, because I don't really understand the last words they're sayin' but I think u know which one I mean...

Yeah that's my favorite song on there too, the name of the song is "KO Player" by Aceyalone and Madlib, I know what Aceyalone's sayin' there on the hook:

"Okayplayer

Pull up a chair

I'm Aceyalone and I'm running for mayor

That's just the intro as if you cared

I'd like to introduce you to a true rhyme sayer

Born in California, in West Bel-Air

I like to hit the beat from right under the snare

And my flow holds tight like you're huggin' a bear"

It's so damn catchy too! :wiggle:

A Rapper is strictly someone who raps. Fresh Prince is a rapper...but so is 50 Cent. Anybody can rap. Fred Durst raps.

An Emcee is a wordsmith, someone who can move the crowd. Emceeing is more about the creative writing side and then relating 2 your audience, whether it be a live crowd or someone listing 2 your music on a CD/cassette or vinyl. Not every rapper is an emcee. Fred Durst isn't and emcee. 50 Cent isn't an emcee. Fresh Prince IS and emcee. LL Cool J is an emcee. Rakim is an emcee.

Emcees make Hip-Hop music. Rappers just rap over beats. 50 Cent raps, so he's a rapper who happens 2 make rap music. Linkin Park has rappers in their group, but they aren't a rap group and they don't make rap music...but that's the way it is.

I think it's important 2 know what is Hip-Hop and what isn't. 50 Cent isn't Hip-Hop. Some people like his music, that's their opinion, but it's fact that he isn't Hip-Hop. Some people don't like FP, which is their opinion, but they can't deny that he makes Hip-Hop music. Labeling stuff 2 much is silly, but when i hear people say Nelly or G-Unit is Hip-Hop, i get all defensive cuz i'm a Hip-Hop head and i don't like the idea of someone thinking they make music that represents me.

:werd: I couldn't break it down any better than that AJ, there's a fine line between rap and hip-hop.

Here's what I'm feelin right now:

Phanatik - The Incredible Walk.

He's a Christian MC who justs rips the mic. He's in a group called The Cross Movement. The album is off the chain. He's got a song called "Hip-Hop Music" in which he justs breaks it down and exposes the trash that is rap music today.

You can go to Cross Movement Records to learn more about him and his crew.

Oh by the way, they're from Philly!

:thumb:

Edited by TopDawg14