JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willow Smith : Whip My Hair

MissAshley

I realy like this song. I was expecting some corny kids' stuff but that's acctually pretty cool joint. I am way to old for that song but what a hell... I whip my hair back and forth too...

Willow said on her twitter that Kyle (will's nephew) helped to write that song and that the beats were made by Trey (Will's son). That's one talented family. :clap:

It's a good song when you hold it against today's popular standards. I can see young people as well as older people being able to appreciate this. I'd be interested in hearing more songs from her. Hopefully ones that have a better change of not sounding 2010ish to us in a few years. She definitely has the voice and swag to make it in the industry.

Willow Smith's Debut Single, 'Whip My Hair'
6 Comments
By Steven Avalos Posted Sep 8th 2010 02:30PM
Are you ready for Willow Smith? The 9-year-old daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith released her first single, 'Whip My Hair,' this week and is reportedly in talks with Jay-Z's Roc Nation label, readying her place as the heir to her father's musical throne.

Willow has become a red carpet staple in recent months, turning heads with her out-there fashion choices. She delivers that same swagger in her song, rapping that she's not doing anything wrong, just trying to have fun and will "keep fighting until I get there."

So, is it too early for Willow to start a music career? She's certainly a little younger than her dad was when he burst onto the scene as the Fresh Prince, but plenty of kiddie acts have made it to the big time -- just look at the entire cast of 'The Mickey Mouse Club.' Check out some of our favorite kids who've gone on to bigger and better things after the jump.