JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willow Smith : Whip My Hair

MissAshley

I really REALLY like Willow. God bless her and I wish her the best of luck with her music career.
Normally you'd be scared of a 9 year old entering that dangerous music industry but having Jada and Will as your parents makes it all well and safe.

I never really knew how good her voice was. It's really INSANELY good. Her voice reminds me a bit of Rihanna obviously
but she's still 9 and has so much room for improvement. She'll be better and better and she's already better then most singers out there lol.

I just heard the song....is really catchy and like everybody said...she doesnt sound like a 9 year old kid...I hope the Smiths handle the fame like they always did and guide their kids well.

• Admin

This song done blown up!! 2 million views on YouTube in just 2 days! They need to get the track to radio and an official music video as soon as possible.. I would much rather willow & Karen taking the music legacy forward than ksmith..they are just making good pop tracks..hopefully Jeff does some work on willows album

I really do support Willow's music career. But ultimately I'm waiting for the news that the Fresh Prince is going to return on one of her songs. This seems like a stepping stone to more music from the 'Prince. Would it not be hilarious if they did a family remake of "Parents Just Don't Understand." Everyone in the family could get a funny verse.

There was a comment I want to share with you guys which I really liked.

This song is dope!!!! She speaks about haters because she knows that there are mean adults who don’t know how to encourage those who have more access and are doing better than they. You haters clearly are projecting your inadequacies onto a young child. Your comments are too funny and show your inferiority complex. She devalues her hair by shaving it and lets the world know her hair does not define her. That alone makes her more mature and mentally together than most weave wearing, hair extension having, plastic surgery gettin adults!!! Do your thang BABY!!! To stand up in front of the work and say THIS IS ME TAKE IT OUR LEAVE IT– is powerful.

Rap-Up TV: Celebrities Love Willow Smith

A star was born when Willow Smith unleashed with her debut single “Whip My Hair” to much praise earlier this month. Rap-Up TV caught up with 11 of her music industry peers at the BMI Urban Music Awards to get their thoughts on the nine-year-old daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, who recently inked a deal with Jay-Z’s Roc Nation.

Find out what Teyana Taylor, David Banner, Master P, Lloyd, Kevin Rudolf, Teairra Mari, Rick Ross, Miguel, Sean Garrett, Jim Jonsin, and B.o.B had to say about the rising starlet.

http://www.rap-up.com/2010/09/16/rap-up-tv-celebrities-love-willow-smith/

Willow Smith: 'Whip My Hair' Teaser!!

willow-smith-whip-my-hair-teaser.jpg

Check out this amaaaazing teaser for Willow Smith’s “Whip My Hair”!!

The 9-year-old daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith recently dropped by Power 106’s “Big Boy’s Neighborhood” and chatted about how she’d always known she wanted to be a performer!

“I would go with my mom on her tour and I would look at her and I would just love what she did, so I was, like, ‘maybe I should do that!’” Willow shared. “So I did!”

Official Willow Smith "Whip My Hair" Teaser

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/09/16/willow-smith-whip-my-hair-teaser/

willow1.jpgwillow2.jpg

willow3.jpg

willow4.jpgwillow5.jpg Edited by Ale

Willow Smith already has everyone whipping their hair and now she will go in front of the lens to provide the visuals to her girl power anthem. The nine-year-old daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith is preparing to shoot her first music video next week.

Ray Kay, the man behind Lady Gaga’s “Poker Face” and Justin Bieber’s “Baby,” has been tapped to direct Willow’s debut video for “Whip My Hair.” The clip will be filmed early next week in Los Angeles.

“I’m very excited to work with such a unique artist as Willow, and I’m happy to help present her to the world as a new and fresh artist,” Ray Kay told Rap-Up.com of Jay-Z’s Roc Nation signee, who took the Internet by storm with her single. “I’m also really happy to be involved with a project that has such a positive message as this one, and I’m certain people that are watching the video will feel inspired to develop their own individuality and freedom and express their own art after seeing Willow in this video.”

The shoot won’t be easy, but it shouldn’t be a problem for the singer, who was born into a showbiz family. “We are shooting two days, and it’s a complex shoot,” added the director. “It’ll require a lot from Willow, but she’s incredibly talented and has an amazing personality, so I’m confident she’ll kill it in front of the camera. She’s a star.”