JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willow Smith : Whip My Hair

MissAshley

Willow!

Your new song "Whip My Hair" is making big news in America right now! I just want to wish my daughter Willow (ahem Will and Jada, I am adopting her) a big congratulations on your big success. I heard you are signed to Roc Nation, Jay-Z's music label. I met Jay-Z a few months ago in LA and he's a good guy. You and your brother Jaden have star quality and I know you two are going to be HUGE. Will and Jada, watch out! I miss you all.

Love, Jackie Smith

http://jackiechan.com/scrapbook/1073547--Special-Message-from-Jackie-for-Willow-Smith

Willow!

Your new song "Whip My Hair" is making big news in America right now! I just want to wish my daughter Willow (ahem Will and Jada, I am adopting her) a big congratulations on your big success. I heard you are signed to Roc Nation, Jay-Z's music label. I met Jay-Z a few months ago in LA and he's a good guy. You and your brother Jaden have star quality and I know you two are going to be HUGE. Will and Jada, watch out! I miss you all.

Love, Jackie Smith

http://jackiechan.com/scrapbook/1073547--Special-Message-from-Jackie-for-Willow-Smith

Okay, I was wrong when I said we'd miss Jackie's site :laugh:

48180201009150939584thu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.rapbasement.com/nicki-minaj/100510-nicki-minaj-joins-will-smiths-daughter-willow-on-the-whip-my-hair-remix-listen-here-click-now.html

Nicki Minaj Joins Will Smiths Daughter

Nicki Minaj co-signed Will Smith's daughter, and new Roc Nation artist, Willow by remixing her single "Whip My Hair." Rapping about her school days, playing Double Dutch in the yard Nicki brings her usual A-List rhymes and unbeatable character to a song already burting with swagger and attitude.

Previously, Jay-Z talked about signing the young girl to his Roc Nation label. "First off, I heard the record first, before I knew that it was recorded by a nine year-old," Jay said in an interview with radio host Ryan Seacrest. "I was like, 'Man, that record is a smash.' -- I went to Japan to do some stuff and they were out there and I met Willow and she walked in and the first thing she said was, 'I'm really nervous,' and I thought that maturity, explaining exactly how she was feeling as she was walking in the room, I knew right there she was a star. I believe in super stars and I believe in big records on super stars...Yes, [i signed her and we plan on helping her] facilitate all her ideas. As you're going to learn today, if you sit with her for a half hour, you'll see, she's just a wealth of information and ideas...She's a child, she has child innocence but she has a refreshing clear vision of what she wants to be...And I imagine that's how Mike [Jackson] was as a kid."

Yall can see the video on the link

http://www.rapbasement.com/nicki-minaj/100510-nicki-minaj-joins-will-smiths-daughter-willow-on-the-whip-my-hair-remix-listen-here-click-now.html

Nicki Minaj Joins Will Smiths Daughter

Nicki Minaj co-signed Will Smith's daughter, and new Roc Nation artist, Willow by remixing her single "Whip My Hair." Rapping about her school days, playing Double Dutch in the yard Nicki brings her usual A-List rhymes and unbeatable character to a song already burting with swagger and attitude.

Previously, Jay-Z talked about signing the young girl to his Roc Nation label. "First off, I heard the record first, before I knew that it was recorded by a nine year-old," Jay said in an interview with radio host Ryan Seacrest. "I was like, 'Man, that record is a smash.' -- I went to Japan to do some stuff and they were out there and I met Willow and she walked in and the first thing she said was, 'I'm really nervous,' and I thought that maturity, explaining exactly how she was feeling as she was walking in the room, I knew right there she was a star. I believe in super stars and I believe in big records on super stars...Yes, [i signed her and we plan on helping her] facilitate all her ideas. As you're going to learn today, if you sit with her for a half hour, you'll see, she's just a wealth of information and ideas...She's a child, she has child innocence but she has a refreshing clear vision of what she wants to be...And I imagine that's how Mike [Jackson] was as a kid."

Yall can see the video on the link

That remix is whack as hell...Nicky Minaj? Lil Mama would fit more to a remix...

Nicki Minaj is pop-rap trash. I don't like her being placed amongst common-minded commercial artists. I don't know if I can give this a listen. To me, this idea sounds like "Da Butta: Part 2)"...lol.

First Look at Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair' Music Video

She whips it – and whips it good!

PEOPLE has your first look at scenes from 9-year-old Willow Smith's music video for her infectious first single, "Whip My Hair." The daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith filmed the video in Sylmar, Calif., in September with director Ray Kay – who has also helmed clips for Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Beyoncé.

In the video, which debuts on BET on Monday, the pint-sized singer – who is signed to Jay-Z's record label – gets playful with her wardrobe and some paint, and joins guest stars ranging in age from 1 to 85 who, you guessed it, whip their hair back and forth for the cameras.
– Marisa Laudadio

PHOTOS: First Look at Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair' Music Video| Music News, Jada Pinkett Smith, Will Smith

Willow Smith, during production of her music video

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20434059,00.html