Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ying Yang Twins wanna met Will Smith

Jin

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, how do you know that they gave probs to Will? cassidy also wants to meet Will, but u know what he said about his lyricall skills...

Well, don't be so negative :kekeke:

I don't think Ying Yang Twins wanna talk about Will's lyrics when they do preschool rhymes, lol, crunk rappers ain't really lyricists, they're more just hype men, Will don't need people to kiss his ass, he's had plenty of success already without it, what Ying Yang Twins said is props though, anything positive said about somebody is a prop, obviously they're fans of Will if they wanna meet him, I don't see Rakim saying anything postive about Will, Will could probably take him out at this point too, people just talk about how great Rakim was from the past, in the last 10 years he can't touch Will though, Will was putting down right with Rakim then too so he really deserves to be ranked at the top of the all time mcs list since he's lasted the test of time with 9 albums strong, you can't argue against it....

Sadly though mcs are gonna take Will for granted 'cause he's a nice guy, if he started to call out mcs and battled them I think then they'd all give his props, he has the skills to take out a lot of young and old mcs, they know it too, they might take lil' shots at him here and there but if Will steps on stage they wouldn't diss him then, they respect his skills deep down but they won't say it to the media 'cause the media considers Will soft and they don't wanna hurt their image, they figure giving props to the hardcore rapper'll put some life into their dying fanbase who all became hardcore rap fans.... Peeps should be able to see that from his catalog he shouldn't have to turn into a bitter old man and battle everybody just to get his respect or sign mcs that really don't respect him just to get respect, the rap industry's messed up....

Edited by bigted

Halle Berry and J-Lo would be the two that I'd vacation with :yeah: :jusmindyabizness: Anyways it's like what Jazzy says, it's all about money now, the richest artists in hip-hop are the ones that get their ass kissed:

"Then, the rivalries in hip-hop were about "I'm the best DJ" or "I'm the best MC." It just seems now that's it's about "I have more money" and "no, I have more money." Where did all the skill level go? Now it's like the best rapper is the one that makes the most money"

Even a lot of conscious rappers play that game now too by only publicly giving props to the big ballers of the rap game like Eminem and Jay-Z, they might have love for less popular/money making mcs but they won't say it especially if they don't have that top image in the media, like rappers won't give Will public respect if he don't get on black radio, they might secretly bump his albums, maybe even congradulate him behind closed doors, lol... They actually diss Will as a way to boost their image publicly like Bow Wow for instance, he saw that "Lost and Found' was outselling his so he decides to diss Will and his crap album outsells "Lost and Found" now...Rakim probably doesn't consider Eminem a conscious rapper but he said it to give some shine to himself, he hopes that if Eminem fans hear him giving Eminem props, they'll go out and buy Rakim's albums and better yet want him to go to Shady Records... Em's a hardcore comedy rapper, I don't think a conscious rapper raps about killing his wife and mother... Will got a lot of money but that's mostly from movies, he don't have a label or anything like that, that's why a lot don't kiss up to him, but a lot of actors might kiss up to Will 'cause of that too though, maybe if he wasn't making $20 million a film maybe they wouldn't say how great of an actor he is, a lot of them probably say that to get a co-role spot in one of his movies, lol, 'cause if you think about it when you hear somebody giving Will props for acting you might automatically say, "hey Will should do a movie with __ since this person respects him", lol, all industries are like that, it's sad: "Could you love me if my wrist ain't bling/If I wasn't on TV and I didn't sing?"...

Edited by bigted

well it's nice to know that the Ying Yang Twins look up to Will. i used to be into that crunk stuff a couple years ago but now its old and boring. ying yang had a few decent club bangers but the whisper song? that was crap. that song might be the most unoriginal boring song i've heard in a long time.

well it's nice to know that the Ying Yang Twins look up to Will. i used to be into that crunk stuff a couple years ago but now its old and boring. ying yang had a few decent club bangers but the whisper song? that was crap. that song might be the most unoriginal boring song i've heard in a long time.

how the hell do you know that they're looking up to him?? just because og that statement? come on, dont talk such "bull****"

Well i also would like to meet a soccer player but it doent mean that i'm looking up to him.

and i'm not too negative, the most of you are just making a big deal out of nothing. :thumbdown:

Well DefCem, maybe you're right they probably wanna meet him so they could jump him since he's a soft rapper and they're gangstas :lolsign: It's nice to know that they think Will exists whether they like him or not, let's leave it at that, what some artist says a compliment it doesn't persuade me to go out and listen to their music but if it's something real negative like what Bow Wow said then I won't listen to them again 'cause if they don't respect my favorite mc I don't respect them. A lot of young and old hip-hop artists, wack or legendary, act like Will ain't even a part of the hip-hop community the way that they ignore him, and it's a shame 'cause Will opened doors for a lot of new school mcs and has kept ol' school hip-hop alive, he deserves more recognition, but a lot are too worried about being dissed by the media. They don't realise though if they rebelled against the media and supported a positive brotha that's been ignored like Will, hip-hop would get better: "Plenty of y'all love a brotha, just scared to say it" Now that Will's the person of the year, maybe they'll all realise it's safe to mention Will as a part of hip-hop now.... :word:

Edited by bigted

He deserves more recognition, but a lot are too worried about being dissed by the media.

Thats definitly true. I`m allways glad to see when Dudes like Ja Rule, Nelly, Fat Joe and them take statements these days that actualy could work negative for them. They stay true to them selsf and thats waht I think is realy importanat whether you like the music or not. That why I cant respect 50, he keeps sucking up to the media and keep doing stuff that he dissed back in the day just to earn money.

This is a big issue, no matter if its about Legends or New Mc`s. Ther aint no freaking diffrence. That stuff KRS One is saying ,in jalouzy, recently proves this. Artits like The Twins, Ja, Fat Joe, The Diplomats and Nelly might sell allot now and they might not be that good but at least they doing waht they feel. They proved it caus they all went true times where they had bad busines and everyone dissed them, but they kept doing how they feel it to do no matter what.

"Stay true to you`r self. And if they dont like it, **** them." :word:

Edited by Turntable

Well the thing is when a lot of artists get high record sales or get the acclaim from the media as the greatest artist, they let that get to their heads and go around with their head in the clouds like the whole world evolves around only them, Will never does, and that's what seperates him from who a lot of people call legends 'cause he ain't souped up, he'll show love to everybody even if they don't show love back, also speaking what he feels in his heart is right even if the media don't agree with him, and that's real, Will could've easily kissed up to certain people then maybe his sales would be higher than they are now and souless people would call him a legend but he'd look a lil' fake, he's a legend already to those who appreciate somebody with heart and that's what should matter most....

Edited by bigted