Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ying Yang Twins wanna met Will Smith

Jin

Check this vibe article out

http://www.vibe.com/news/online_exclusives...g_twins_i_wish/

Ying Yang Twins: I Wish...

By: Frances Crooks

November 28, 2005

In the January issue of VIBE, various artists were asked what they wished happened in 2005. Read the full transcript from our interviews with Ciara and the Ying Yang Twins.

VIBE: Complete this sentence: This year, I wish…

Ying Yang Twins: The administration would have listened and evaluated the New Orleans situation when they said something.

What do you wish was different about the American government?

I wish they looked out for AMERICANS more!!

What songs do you wish you had written this year? Or wish you had produced?

“Back Then” by Mike Jones.

Which concerts do you wish you had attended this year that you didn't get a chance to?

Vibe Fest.

What places do you wish you had performed at? Why?

Usher's “Rebuild the Hood” concert. He is from Atlanta and we are from here. It would have been crunk.

What hobbies do you wish you had more time to pursue?

No hobbies. Just hanging with my kids more.

What other musical skills do you wish you had?

Producing.

What movies do you wish you had seen this year? Or gotten a role in?

“Four Brothers.”

What are the outfits you wish you never sported? When and where?

I don't wear nothing I don't like.

What relationship skills do you wish you were better at?

Phone conversation. I don't like talking on the phone.

Where would you like to visit and why?

Africa. I heard it is beautiful.

Which celebrity's party do you wish you went to this year? Or wish you had not attended? ie. Diddy's all white affair.

Young Jeezy’s birthday party at Visions.

What do you wish you never bought this year? Why?

A ring. I lost it.

What were you hoping to accomplish this year, but you didn't?

Getting our TV show.

What song were you hoping to hear a remix for this year?

“Back Then.” Who? Mike Jones.

What track do you wish you could've been on this year?

“Back Then.” Who? Mike Jones.

Who do you wish you could've dated this year?

Nobody.

What team do wish won the NBA finals this year?

I don't watch sports.

What question(s) do you wish people would have quickly quit asking you this year?

Where are you from and our album is called United State of Atlanta?

What celebrity do you wish you met this year?

WILL SMITH.

What's the one trend that you could've did without this year?

None.

What's one thing that you wish people could've learned about you this year?

Unity. That is what I am about.

What's some of the things that you wish you didn't do this year?

Loss my driver's license. You know what it is!!!!

Who do you wish you could have vacationed with this year?

Nobody.

What's one charitable thing that you wish you could've done this year or did more of?

More concerts for kids.

What do you wish to get for Christmas this year?

I don't know.

What thing or person would you say made the biggest impact on your life this year?

Starting my own label.

Who do you wish you could've seen more or less this year?

WILL SMITH, MORE.

What artist do you wish would have came back this year?

Kilo from ATL.

What's one song on your album that didn't get radio play, that you wish got some spins on the air?

“Live Again.”

What do you wish your cell phone could have done this year?

Less ringing.

What's the new year resolution you made for 2005, that you wish you followed through with?

To follow through with my new year resolution when I make it.

If you were granted on wish for 2005, that would come true right now, what would you wish for?

To heal the world.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it kinda ironic that a lot of the young hip-hop artists like Ying Yang Twins and Nelly ain't afraid to express their respect for Will than the ol' school hip-hop artists like KRS and Rakim seem to, maybe a lot of Will's ol' school peers are jealous that he's selling more albums and having more success than them, once again I'd have to say that I ain't feelin' Ying Yang Twins 'cause I don't like much crunk rap, nothing against them, it just ain't my style, nice to know they appreciate Will though....

btw, I know certain ol' school mcs like LL, Chuck D, Slick Rick, Kool Moe Dee, Run-DMC, Biz Markie, MC Lyte, and Heavy D ain't afraid to express their love for JJFP, but what about Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Q-Tip, Scarface, Kool G Rap, and KRS-ONE, is there anything that they've said about Will in a major article that I have missed? I think Will shows them love but they never return the favor, I see more of them jumping on Eminem's balls than I do them showing love to Will which is a shame... I can't seem to find quotes of showing love from them, I actually found a quote where KRS disses Will by saying that Eminem that had the right to say "f*** Will Smith" since Will didn't contribute much for hip-hop which shocked me like I said in that Nelly thread, it pains to know that the other ol' school mcs I like don't seem to show as much love to Will as I thought they would, he's keepin' ol' school alive and deserves more love from them, at least some kids comin' up respect the legend....

Edited by bigted

I dont realy feel they`r music. But I gotta say they`r kinda fresh. There not just doing that average crunk stuff. The Wisper Song was a intersting concept.

But I don`t realy get those Dudes. The seem so creazy in theyr videos n songs but in the interviews they allways seem very down to earth.

Anyway it`s cool to see that they prob Will. Probaly Fans like them and Nellyand Jay-Z are wanna show Will love these times since he gets much disrespect.

Edited by Turntable

How is that lucky?I haven't really heard them before,either.Just when I heard a song I thought it was them.

I mean their music it's nothing speciall, I can't say that I'm a fan of crunk, bleee:)

If they ain't anything specail,then I wont listen to them. :thumbdown:

It kinda upsets me to see how a lot of mcs don't seem to give Will the credit he deserves, especially the ol' school peers he came up with, like you didn't really see any of them congradulate Will or wish him good luck for being the first hip-hop artist to be nominated for an Oscar but I seen more of them congradulate Eminem when he won his and they'll jump up to give other new school rappers props when they sell millions, a lot ignored giving props to Will for the big comeback in the rap game when he was selling 10 million for "Big Willie Style", Rakim calls Eminem the Muhammad Ali of the rap game but that's aight though 'cause Ali told Will he's the greatest, Ali probably don't even know who Rakim is, lol:

"In a recent interview for foreign television, Rakim was asked what he thought about Eminem, his former label mate. The man who is often referred to as the God Emcee and regularly called the greatest of all-time, made some very flattering remarks about Slim.

”Eminem is nasty man, I don’t care what color he is. I don’t care about none of that nahmean? Real artists respect real artist’s man. Especially like a conscious artist that sits down and writes and hears another artist that sits down and does his writing…and he know…a brother nasty. Regardless, you can’t take nothing away from his thoughts and his pen, nahmean? Em is nasty man, I tell people to this day…if Em was black…he’d be the next Muhammad Ali man.”

I think a lot of ol' school rappers don't seriously mean giving props to new school rappers, they do it 'cause they're campaigning for a major label deal, they talk about how they keep it real and wouldn't sign on any mainstream label but that seems like a big put-on to me, if somebody gave them a million dollar check, they'd take it. I can't picture Kool G Rap liking G Unit so much but he probably wants 50 to write him a check though, lol, it's aight Will don't need the fake love. He's dominating the game even without them supporting him, Rakim hasn't even done anything in the last 10 years and the media keeps calling him the G.O.A.T. while LL and Will keep on dropping hot albums and movies and keep working hard as the greatest entertainers of the hip-hop generation, it's messed up....

That was me, I forgot to log in...

"In a recent interview for foreign television, Rakim was asked what he thought about Eminem, his former label mate. The man who is often referred to as the God Emcee and regularly called the greatest of all-time, made some very flattering remarks about Slim.

”Eminem is nasty man, I don’t care what color he is. I don’t care about none of that nahmean? Real artists respect real artist’s man. Especially like a conscious artist that sits down and writes and hears another artist that sits down and does his writing…and he know…a brother nasty. Regardless, you can’t take nothing away from his thoughts and his pen, nahmean? Em is nasty man, I tell people to this day…if Em was black…he’d be the next Muhammad Ali man.”

He probably said that in the time he was down with Aftermath.

I saw that posted on a hip-hop board a couple weeks ago, maybe they're just bringin' it out now to promote Em's greatest hits, they figure maybe they'll actually get some of Eminem's haters to buy it if they do this.... :willvspaparazzi: I think that if Eminem didn't have Shady Records or Dr. Dre didn't have Aftermath Records, nobody'd be giving them props either, and if Will actually said he was gonna sign mcs on a label they'd kiss his ass, but since he ain't doing that they don't, a lot of love that they show is fake, just like when Ja Rule was selling 5 million albums and having a lot of success with his Murder Inc label, lots of rappers would be giving him props then all of a sudden a year later his album flops and his label's caught in a scandal, then you see all the rappers who used to say they like Ja Rule all of a sudden side with 50 Cent and call Ja wack, he ain't the greatest mc in the world but I was showin' an example of how you could see that there's only a few real people in the rap industry, a lot of those so called postive rappers seem to not practice what they preach, like when some ignorant fools like Em and Bow Wow diss Will, the ol' school peers should come defend him but they look at the charts and see that Will ain't selling as well as Em and Bow Wow so they shut up but if Will was outselling them both and had a label you'd see lots of rappers come defend Will....

Edited by bigted