JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lost & Found

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this is his best. The beats are nice, the lyric and flow is superb.

but you'd expect that bias.. wouldnt you agree that potnas, its all good and twinkle twinkle are some of the best traxs on willennium, big willie style and code red..and those traxs are just will and jeff...

I would definitely agree. Some of Will's best stuff is with Jeff. But in the same token, I try to separate the two and look at Will individually now and during his FP days... and though you can only do that to a certain extent, we can look at his rhyming capability, how well he flows over the beat, and his lyrics.

But what I did notice was that during the first couple of days when Lost and Found was leaked and people thought Jeff had a lot to do with the music, people were excited and hyped, talking about how this is Will's best solo album, etc... But then when the credits were made available... people were disappointed to see that Jeff wasn't as involved as we previously thought and some of the hypeness of the album fell off, even though it was the exact same music, same beats and same lyrics that were being hyped prior.

I think that if for some reason, Will and Jeff were to come out and say that all of the credits for the album were misprints and that Jeff was really involved with most of the track on Lost and Found, people would go back to hyping Lost and Found again, saying that it is his best solo album.

For example, if Jeff were suddenly to be credited with work on "Wave 'em Off" even though nothing on the track changed, would people's opinion of the track change... I think so, and I don't know if that's a good thing.

Edited by MaxFly

The newest CD is always the best

nah man thats aint true...

Will's top 4 Solo albums:

1. Lost and Found

2. Willennium

3. BWS

4. B2R

I'd agree with that listing as well... I'd probably just consolidate the number 2 spot to both BWS and Willenium... because I find it hard to pick between the two, but yeah.

i still cant decide between lost and found and willenium, see willenium was my first rap album ( i know i was deprived as a child), its kinda got good memories linked to it.

But then lost and found is great to, its kinda like his "comeback" album. Other rappers thought Will was gone as far as rapping when he got dropped then he came back with the success of switch, and switch did it on its own with little promo . Right now they are even its like tell me why is as good as the rain, potnas is as good as Loretta.

I guess ive gotta wait until lost and found has ran its course with sales and when it gets out of heavy rotation on my cd player. :hmm:

I'd break it down like this, on a scale from 1 to 10...

Big Willie Style = 11

Lost & Found = 9

Willenium = 9

Born to Reign = 1.3

Or on a scale of clickable smileys...

Big Willie Style = :2thumbs:

Lost & Found = :wiggle:

Willenium = :wiggle:

Born to Reign = :thumbsdown:

Now that we have had a while to truely appreciate L&F for what it is, can you honestly say it is Wills best album??  Especially compared to the likes of BWS and Willenium?

Did it make you feel the same way on the 1st listen as the other LPs did?

Your thoughts please!

:hmm:

Now, I don't really feel the same when I listen to that album, because the style is very different but uhm, I'd say that L&F is the best of his solo albums! I only have it for a few weeks and I already listened lots of times to it, like almost everyday! The album is really cool but nothing can touch the JJFP records, y'all know that... :2thumbs: