JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lost & Found

Now that we have had a while to truely appreciate L&F for what it is, can you honestly say it is Wills best album?? Especially compared to the likes of BWS and Willenium?

Did it make you feel the same way on the 1st listen as the other LPs did?

Your thoughts please!

:hmm:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

every time i go back to this album i truely love it..what i really love is wills lyrics and rhymes..so strong..and its a pleasure to rap along to em :2thumbs: I cant compare it to the jazzy jeff and fresh prince albums..cause its just a different feel..but i definitely like it more than big willie style and born to reign..id put i wish i made that/swagga right up there with Wills best songs.. I'd also say that Lost & Found has the greatest flow of any of wills albums.. the order of tracks is perfect..listening to individual tracks just aint the same as going from track 1 to 16..thats when you truely appreciate lost and found :jazzy:

My thoughts on this would take too much time to put in order and to post, but I will say that Lost and Found is definitly Will approaching his best. The lyrics... the flow... he's obviously on point with this album. Perhaps I'll elaborate later... perhaps not, but I definitely view this as some of Will's best work.

In addition, there are some people who have a a bit of bias when it comes to Will's work with Jeff... Let's say that absolutely nothing on the album were to change, but Jeff were to be credited on some of the beats, some people's view of the album would immediately skyrocket. Just the knowledge that Jeff was involved even if everything were the same...

You can't really compare Lost and Found to the old JJFF records because there's not much JJ on Lost and Found... but I can certainly compare Will to the original Fresh Prince and I must say that his flow and lyrical prowess has gotten better on this new album, even surpassing some of his work with Jeff.

• Admin

In addition, there are some people who have a a bit of bias when it comes to Will's work with Jeff... Let's say that absolutely nothing on the album were to change, but Jeff were to be credited on some of the beats, some people's view of the album would immediately skyrocket. Just the knowledge that Jeff was involved even if everything were the same...

but you'd expect that bias.. wouldnt you agree that potnas, its all good and twinkle twinkle are some of the best traxs on willennium, big willie style and code red..and those traxs are just will and jeff...

the beats on lost and found..they work well with Wills rhymes.. i just dont listen to any beats like that..and its not the style of music I like..i like the more laidback stuff..thats just a personal preference

im definitely gonna have a bias to JJFP stuff because I think the best music Will has done has been with Jeff :kool2:

• Admin

what im trying to say is..if will and jeff put out a new single..that was absolute trash.. you're right i would say its the best thing i ever heard..but thats because of their past history and track record! :chuks:

I would say that Lost and Found is Will's best record. It would be nice to see him work with Jeff more, but Will definitely put his best work into this album.

Well this could arguably be the best solo album he's ever done, but I still love listening to "Big Willie Style" after 8 years, that album never gets old to listen to, I could still play that album from start to finish, I don't give a damn if people call it a pop rap album, if you ain't got nothin' nice to say don't say nothin' like Will said on the one song on there so I call it good music, people front like they don't like it but they'd dance to all these songs in the club and still would if it was played in the club, I enjoy "Willenium" too but I like "Big Willie Style" better, but I could see myself playing "Lost and Found" many years down the road too, it's nice to see how he's bounced back from his dissapointing release of "Born To Reign", you could tell he was just doing something to finish his contract on Columbia, his heart wasn't in the whole album, many fans thought his rap career was over and he was gonna stick to acting, it's kinda ironic though that "Born To Reign" actually has had better reviews from critics than some of his other solo albums. :wtf: The JJFP albums though are ultimately Will's best work however, their chemistry together is better than when Will does tracks on his own.

Its definately one of his best records but i think that you need a Jeff beside you to make the best record of all time. Their chemistry is extraordinary and really special. Songs like Potnas for example are really strong and you can hear 100% JJFP. Such songs are missing on L&F and thatswhy i wouldn't say its his best.

but to be honest, i dont really think that Will has a "best record" cause all of them are good in their own way, when i think about it more deeply. B2R didnt do well but its a record with pure creativity. Something that rap (in my opinion) didnt see before. I liked that idea about Black Suits Comin' that it was fully made of live orchestra (thats what i heard).

BWS was some kinda fresh air for the rap game after all that East/West Stuff and it made and still makes you feel good. and i think that L&F is some kinda of "speaking your mind" for Will.

Every record is good. Its for everybody, no matter who you are or where you from.

JJFP Rock The House

btw, the reason why B2R didnt do well was Columbia and not the "bad" record.

Edited by DefCEM

I never said Lost + Found waz his best and i'm not saying it now. While Willennium had a track or 2 that waz outta place, i think it's his best solo album. One of his best albums EVER. Lost + Found is just a lil' bit better than Big Willie Style in my opinion.