JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJ+FP ON THE TONIGHT SHOW

I missed the 1st part of the interview. But i caught the 2nd part of it. FP waz dressed in a white shirt, dogtags, a tan jacket, dark blue jeans, and red boots. Leno asked him about how he got started. FP talked about JJ+FP being his 1st real group, but that he had other smaller groups b4 that. He talked about them meeting up in 1985. Leno asked him about when he 1st started performing and he said that since he waz active in the church as a kid, he considered his readings from the Bible in church Easter Sunday were his 1st performances. He then talked about Mandela's 46664 organization and how beautiful Africa is.

Then, at the end of the show DJ Jazzy Jeff + The Fresh Prince took the stage.

It opened up with JJ+FP on stage. Jazzy waz stage right, FP waz center. Jeff didn't really get any camera time, but he looked like he waz wearing a blue sweat shrit. FP waz wearing a black hat cocked 2 the side, a white short sleave shirt with "Switch" across the front, in black lettering, those dark jeans, and boots. Shortly after they started, about 8 backup dancers came out (2 guys, the rest girls) in jeans and casual tops. The crowd waz clapping along and every single one of them waz on their feet. After the 2nd verse, they went in a break down with just Jazzy scratching, FP and the dancers crowded the center of the stage. At that point, showgirls came out in colorful costumes, followed by drum section of a marching band wearing street gear. The stage waz FILLED with people. It waz crazy, the energy waz thru' the roof. FP jumped up on Leno's desk (afterall, there waz no room on the stage) and he waz beatboxing. The crowd waz goin' crazy. This may have been their best performance yet. TONS of eye candy.

At the end of it, Leno came out and gave FP props, then headed straight 4 one of the showgirls, FP had 2 hold him back. Great performance!!

:werd: That was an awsome show Will and Jeff put on. I want 1 of those SWITCH t-shirts. Anyway Will and Jeff were great. Then brought out all those dancers and drumers. It was cool :dancingcool: :peace: :angel:

you seem to remeber this quite vividly hah

No, that's how people SHOULD be discribing stuff. However, most people here make really weak posts about when they hear them on the radio or see them on TV. I know alot of people here can't see everything that happens on US TV, or that they missed it, so i put as much as i can in2 a post.

• Admin

it was pretty good..the trl performance was the best so far though.. in the interview jay did mention jazzy jeff and will was saying how they'd been doin their thing for 20 years! the 1st part of the interview will was talking about running and reading (his speech at kca) and they showed this clip of will teaching trey how to get a celebritys attention on the red carpet it was hilarious! :hilarious:

cool! i'll see it it 6 days in sweden!

You can see it right now in the potnas section.

Anyway, I liked it, overall the best performance I thoughtt.

And although I hated Jay for not asking much about his album,

still he did ok, it was pretty hilarious especially the band between willie and

his son trey, how to approach a celebrity, will really amused me and trey it was funny men reall fun, I laughed my azz off on that 1, and in general will was very funny on the show, as was leno, I really enjoyed it to the max, the performance was crazy, especially the 2nd part, woww off the roof.

someone got to update me on this potnas section... what is that?

i've been looking for it aswell that ftn channel used to show the jay leno show, but it seems that they have stopped that