JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

can you feel that?

Hero1

I think this may be a case where Switch is playing well overseas but not as well in the U.S. Here in Chicago I have heard Switch on the radio just twice. I'll admit that I don't listen to radio a lot but when I do listen all I hear is 50 Cent, G-Unit and Em. There are 2 "hip-hop/R&B" stations and neither one has played Switch yet. The only place I've heard Switch is on the "pop" station.

I've only seen the video 3 times(twice when he premiered it on MTV & BET).

It may end up being a case where it starts out real slow but picks up steam all of a sudden. That's how Big Willie Style started. It premiered at 98 on the Billboard Charts and then slipped to 104 the next week. All of sudden Gettin' Jiggy Wit It took off and BWS became a monster. I'm hoping Lost & Found will follow that script.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

ive caught switch a few times on the music video channels here and it just came out..and i dont listen to radio..but in the newspaper the other day they said switch was the 3rd most added song to radio in australia

It seems to be getting heavy rotation here in the UK!! I'm frequently seeing iton MTV Base, which is the premier channel for Hip Hop and R'n'B

Yeh its doing well on the Uk stations. Kiss are giving Will loadsa love playing the vid and then playing classic vids on Will Smith half hour shows. They also upped Gettin Jiggy Wit It to the proper playlist to.

Switch is already on the TMF charts here in Belgium! People can rate the new video! It's on number 4! That's great news, cuss it's only been airing on Belgian TV since monday!! Looks like Belgium knows what good music is!! :kekeke: :thumb:

here's the list!

1 Jennifer Lopez - Get Right (short Version) 7.7

2 Anouk - Lost 7.6

3 Jay-z / Linkin Park - 99 Problems/points Of Authority 7.3

4 Will Smith - Switch 6.6

5 Anastacia - Heavy On My Heart 6.5

6 Good Charlotte - I Just Wanna Live 6.2

7 Three Days Grace - I Hate Everything About You 5.7

8 Mario - Let Me Love You 5.6

9 U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own 5.4

10 Usher - Caught Up 5.0

11 Ciara / Missy Elliot - 1, 2 Step 4.5

12 Groovewatchers - Nana Song 3.3

13 Scooter - One (always Hardcore)

i can definatly see it picking up speed more and more, i havnt really been watching the music channels as much recently, but i hear it all the time on kiss radio. And after Will made the news with the record breaking premiers they mention switch quite a lot.

Im so glad is doing quite well tho, i always knew Will could do it!!

• Admin

ok people...what about the US? Where Will is from and where his success really counts??

im not sure "it really counts" wills success is always gonna be bigger worldwide..because the US doesnt seem to respect Will these days..that being said i still think switch is doing well on mainstream pop radio over there