JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

can you feel that?

Hero1

:werd: I rather see 300,000 or 13 million buy the album and like it rather than half of them buying it and saying it's wack, I'm hoping that this album is a hip-hop treasure that could have success, don't get me wrong, I think if this album has success sales wise, it could help bring hip-hop back again to where it needs to be, but even if it sells less and is still a hip-hop classic, I'll still be happy 'cause I love "Code Red" even though it didn't sell much and a lot of hip-hop fans that heard do too.

Edited by bigted

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Men, the first time I rated switch I gave it 8....Now I saw the video on Mtv... It's in heavy rotation on it in Italy... that video is soooo cooool and fresh... AND NOW I LOVE IT!!!!! Switch is very wonderfull, amazin incredible... Thank u Will to give us another important page in hip hop history!! :thumb:

• Admin

Most great hip-hop albums don't go platinum or gold, so I don't really give a f*** how much "Lost and Found" sells as long as he keeps his hip-hop credability and is a classic hip-hop album, I think the rappers that top the charts have no credability in hip-hop anymore, only suburban cats that ain't hip-hop fans listen to them now, they only like pimp and hoe crap, they're pop rappers, not mcs.  FP should focus on making Overbrook a bigger independant force in the music industry and he won't need a major label ever again. :ditto:

Yeah to take this one step further, I haven't posted this before, but every time I see a "get Will on TRL" post or "I hope this CD is a huge success" comment, I think to myself: ok... am I supposed to care that much? Don't get me wrong, as a fan, that's cool, I'd be happy for him or whatever if L&F is commercially popular, maybe that gives him more leverage & motivation to make more music, and I guess this gives us something to talk about on these boards before we actually hear the album lol. But I'd rather a great collection of music that completely flops than a slighty less great collection that the mainstream loves anyday. Quality is everything, hype is nothing. I'm sure most of you feel that way too, but just sayin.

oh im the same in that all i really care about is if the albums dope..and really dont how much it sells etc in the overall picture..BUT! i really want will to tour..so switch and the album needs to be a success for that to happen.. and an album from will comes around once every 3 years or so, so we may as well use this time to help will on the charts however possible..but when it comes right down to it if lost & found sells 100, 000 and its wills best album ever and i cant stop listenin 2 it i'll still be happy :werd:

everyone....this is more promotion than B2R got, and its already a bigger opening single according to Billboard and other places, and its gonna get bigger

B2R got a Gold rating

I m pretty sure this will go platinum at some point ya'll

Most great hip-hop albums don't go platinum or gold, so I don't really give a f*** how much "Lost and Found" sells as long as he keeps his hip-hop credability and is a classic hip-hop album, I think the rappers that top the charts have no credability in hip-hop anymore, only suburban cats that ain't hip-hop fans listen to them now, they only like pimp and hoe crap, they're pop rappers, not mcs.  FP should focus on making Overbrook a bigger independant force in the music industry and he won't need a major label ever again. :ditto:

Yeah to take this one step further, I haven't posted this before, but every time I see a "get Will on TRL" post or "I hope this CD is a huge success" comment, I think to myself: ok... am I supposed to care that much? Don't get me wrong, as a fan, that's cool, I'd be happy for him or whatever if L&F is commercially popular, maybe that gives him more leverage & motivation to make more music, and I guess this gives us something to talk about on these boards before we actually hear the album lol. But I'd rather a great collection of music that completely flops than a slighty less great collection that the mainstream loves anyday. Quality is everything, hype is nothing. I'm sure most of you feel that way too, but just sayin.

oh im the same in that all i really care about is if the albums dope..and really dont how much it sells etc in the overall picture..BUT! i really want will to tour..so switch and the album needs to be a success for that to happen.. and an album from will comes around once every 3 years or so, so we may as well use this time to help will on the charts however possible..but when it comes right down to it if lost & found sells 100, 000 and its wills best album ever and i cant stop listenin 2 it i'll still be happy :werd:

I see what you're saying :ridepony: (smiley on poney = agreement)

• Members

whats good about will smith is that you know he's not doing it for money, he is drowning in paper, believe me. he's doing it because he has a passion for it and loves it, and thats when the best music gets made. i don't think he'd have come back out of nowhere and made it official unless the finished product was really really good so I got high hopes. i think what will determine if the album sells a whole lot is if the BET audience embraces it first, when they embrace something then the MTV audience considers it credible, and from the 106 reaction to the single I think he should be fine there. the only speedbump is eminem, the MTV crowd absolutely loves some Eminem, so if Will Smith is belittling him in any way, shape or form even if it is a response, they won't support it. either way, if it sells or if it doesn't, if the music is good then everyone should be happy, sales aint everything, and they're meaningless to someone like will smith.

I can feel it. I think enough time has passed now 2 call "Switch" a success. I'm so glad 2 see it doing as well as it is, and it's even better 2 see it doing better than the junk that's out there today. It's just so refreshing 2 have an actual good track by a Hip-Hop legend right up there on the charts. Lost & Found is gonna be big...and why do u think so many of the former haters are showing love 4 Will now? Even they can feel it. I think it's getting harder 4 them 2 deny Will now.

2005 - big things!

I can feel it. I think enough time has passed now 2 call "Switch" a success. I'm so glad 2 see it doing as well as it is, and it's even better 2 see it doing better than the junk that's out there today. It's just so refreshing 2 have an actual good track by a Hip-Hop legend right up there on the charts. Lost & Found is gonna be big...and why do u think so many of the former haters are showing love 4 Will now? Even they can feel it. I think it's getting harder 4 them 2 deny Will now.

2005 - big things!

:ditto:

It's time for something fresh and new in hip hop!!

I have a feeling that the new album is gonna be like !!!BOOM!!! the first day! It's gonna

be awesome seeing a new kind of hip hop in the world! THANKS WILL FOR BRINGING

BACK THE GIFT OF TOTALLY AWESOME HIP HOP!! U R DA BOMB!!!! :switch: :switch: :switch: