JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 Cent To Executive Produce LL Cool J's Next Album

bigted

Ya'll aint even heard the album yet...If it's hot it's hot, and if it's not it's not u kno...no point in dissin 50 yet...he might do something amazing...something has to happen in that brain of his...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Todd Smith" was certified gold a couple months ago, if Def Jam pushed to release another single or two it'd hit platinum, if they payed less attention to promoting Rihanna and gave more attention to LL then I think LL would be better off promoting this album more instead of rushing to do an album with 50,and btw he's outselling Mobb Deep who I believe had 50 executive produce their recent album so that proves that even though 50 might executive produce for LL don't mean that his sales'll go up either, LL's sales might not be what they used to be but it's the same for G-Unit already, they ain't as popular anymore either, ever since 50's movie flopped last year the sales on G-Unit releases are slipping, LL'd be better working with Ice Cube and Will on albums/movies instead of wasting time with 50 Cent and G-Unit who're running out of their 15 minutes, now if LL plans to leave Def Jam, not sign to another label, and just retire off of releasing this album with 50 Cent then I think he'll lose a lot of credability and the album will flop horribly and not even go gold, he'll be going out rock bottom and looking like somebody who lost it... Now I don't mind if LL works with a rapper who curses, if he had DMX executive produce the album I could live with that 'cause DMX is more talented than 50 Cent, I care about quality, DMX wouldn't let LL put out a wack album, while 50'll encourage LL to put out a wack album 'cause really 50's never been about quality music, come on now didn't Nas sign to Def Jam, why not do an album with him? Working with Nas would be like Jordan winning with Pippen, that's a duo that wouldn't lose,and I'd rather see Will do movies for 10 straight years than to do an album with 50 Cent

Edited by bigted

Yeah at this point LL should be starting his own record label and executive produce his own albums considering how long he's been in the game and the thing is that he should be trying to put some of his ol' school peers back on top again, sign new artists that put out quality music over substance, instead of working with so many wack current artists, people'd buy his albums regardless to who he works with, in fact doing all these collabs I think actually hurts his popularity

'cause a lot of his originals fans don't like it, they want to hear LL Cool J, they probably want him to work with Slick Rick and Chuck D not 50 Cent and J-Lo, his most popular albums have been with lil' guest appearances in fact, it's not like it hurt his career for not working with Vanilla Ice when he was on top, in fact if he did work with Vanilla Ice he'd faded with him and that's gonna happen now working with 50 Cent who's career is fading,people want to hear LL Cool J working with himself and a few dope mcs in between, he built his legacy selling quality music so why put out watered down music to sell out? I wouldn't mind if this album has a parental advisory sticker if it turns out to be great like "Mr. Smith" and "The G.O.A.T" which had parental advisory on it but 50 Cent hasn't made any albums on that level so I don't think he could guide LL to that if he can't guide himself together

Edited by bigted

Let's wait until the album is finished. As long as 50 Cents name is printed at the backside as a executive producer, I don't care about it, but if he raps verses in almost every track, then I will definately not listen to it, because I don't like 50 Cent's raps in general.

I'm gonna do everything i can 2 stay open minded. After all, some Executive Producers do nothing and have nothing 2 do with the album. Puffy is credited with being an Executive Producer of his 1997 album and all he did waz produce like 2 trax 4 it. The TrackMasters were mad cuz they were in the studio every day while that album waz being made...even if they weren't the producers of the trax being made that day. Even tho' LL is making this stupid decision, it doesn't mean 50 and the crappy team of people behind him will be all over the album. I'm hoping LL would stay true 2 himself. Alot of artists maintain their style even when they make moves like this. Out of the 10 singles or so that 50 released...about 2 of them had an okay beat...hopefully it's the producers of those songs that get beats 2 LL. Again, it just sounds like this is a re-packaged album that's coming out about 5 months after the original...meaning it's just a flash in the pan compared 2 his others.

It would be nice if this rediculous idea brought some young, brainwashed, commerical rap fans 2 some hear a real lyricist and start 2 change the commercial face of Hip-Hop and Rap.

I'd rather have LL do another album with Puffy than to do an album with 50, at least Puffy respects hip-hop history, I liked "Phenominon" and that track they did together on "10" called "After School", Puffy's great compared to 50 Cent, 50 Cent is extremely immature and egotistical to go along with his weak talent, it's not a smart idea to work with him on a whole album, if I see the tracklisting with G-Unit features all over it I won't even buy it 'cause that'll be a disaster like when Eminem and G-Unit were all over 2Pac's last album, I mean how many legacies can one crew destroy?

Edited by bigted

Thats not for sales. LL sels more than anyone of G-Unit except for 50. You guys are acting like a bunch of hating pussys. Wait till hear the album before you juge about it. It might be dope, who knows. Except for the raps the G-Unit things are dope. And maybe.. just maybe he feels 50? I mean, one thing is for shure. guys like LL Cool J and Michael Jackson dont have to do anything to sell more records nomoree.

Edited by Turntable

Nice attempts to defend your little hero Turntable. Basically everyone not a hardcore fan thought Todd Smith was weak and the rest will see it in a year or so... And "guys like LL Cool J and Michael Jackson dont have to do anything to sell more records no more", well LL havent sold platinum in the USA for a couple of years.. and I dont know if he's satisfied with that.

"LL sels more than anyone of G-Unit except for 50." Yup, but 50 is the executive producer.

"Except for the raps the G-Unit things are dope. And maybe.. just maybe he feels 50?"

The G-Unit things? The production? The little ugly action toys? The image? The persons in it? Nothing of that is dope. And if LL "feels" 50 Cent, which I cant imagine, then he is just as dumb as the twelve year old kids who buys 50s albums.

He did went Platinum. The G.O.A.T did, 10 did, The Definition did and Todd Smith has still a good chance. Oh and with G-Unit.. Yes I was talking about production. I was talking about the beats.

But not mather waht yall say.. Juging things before you actauly heard it is ignorant and stupid. Yall should think about that, especaly as Will Smith Fans. Take the damn sticks out of your asses.

Edited by Turntable

Whats the source that those cds went platinum? My sources say they just went gold.

Shouldnt judge things before you hear it? That would mean you would have to check out every single thing every wack rapper has ever done and I dont got that time.

Than just dont jugde about it. Its impsoible to say something is wack without hearing it. Ofcourse you can say it.. But thats just lame. I mean realy, people who do that should get some bitch slaps by theyr mum. Listen to it, and than talk about how it sounds.. And if you dont take the damn time to listen to it, than shut the **** up.

I didnt hear Get Rich Or Die Tryin, but I can tell it's wack though cause I heard The Massacre. I hate the mentality that you have to try everything to see if its wack or not, cause thats bull****; sometimes you just gotta use your logic.