JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Terrible music videos

Lerkot

ooh, did i hit a nerve? look here Lerkie, im not here to start a fight with someone that's unarmed. if you would wish to respond to my argument about Will's video which i put very delicately how Will's videos are different that "everyone else out there today" than please do so. i know you wouldn't give up an argument just like that. i believe i made a very strong argument and if you'd like i could try to find videos where there's up close action of women doing dirty dancing, and how its worse than Will's. if you don't respond however, than i guess it means i proved you wrong and you cant say anything else just like the posts about rappers mentioning God.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You argue with with everybody!

ooh, did i hit a nerve? look here Lerkie, im not here to start a fight with someone that's unarmed. if you would wish to respond to my argument about Will's video which i put very delicately how Will's videos are different that "everyone else out there today" than please do so. i know you wouldn't give up an argument just like that. i believe i made a very strong argument and if you'd like i could try to find videos where there's up close action of women doing dirty dancing, and how its worse than Will's. if you don't respond however, than i guess it means i proved you wrong and you cant say anything else just like the posts about rappers mentioning God.

Well you said some **** that im not going to accept, if you want an answer, you better learn argumenting in a better way. I mean...

"- half nude ladies at the club. yes, thats how they dress Lerkot. you might be scared of that, but it's ok you're never going to get none anyways. it's a reality of clubs, so deal with i"

Wtf? That is so extremely unecessarily. You are obviously not able to discuss in a normal way. Why should I even bother talking with you?

"well you know what Lerkot, i know for a fact you have no idea what you're talking about because you don't watch videos by other artists that make videos today so you have nothing to compare Will's video too."

Ok, you know for a fact that I dont watch other peoples music videos? I dont believe you. I do watch other peoples music videos sometimes, like Outkast, they make fantastic party music without showing whats under a girls skirt (well, The Way You Move was a little.. uhm, you know, but otherwise they keep it rather clean). Its true that Will aint exactly on the same level as 50 Cent when it comes do to showing skin but he's going the same direction. A video like Switch wasnt gonna happen ten years ago, or in 1997 for that matter..

" no, they're all in the background of the video so horny boys like you can't see them enough to beat off to them."

Again man, whats wrong with you?

directed at markwinfield:

you'll notice tho, that i'm not the only one disagreeing. i think almost everyone has disagreed with Lerkot's statement, i've been the one who's attempted to address it in detail and show Lerkot the right way.

a lot of times, MaxFly, TopDawg, Da Brakes and a few others do this sort of thing as well by providing facts in a detailed argument to prove their point. it's just that this topic really hit me hard as something i needed to address so i did. stick around more and you'll see how often times MaxFly, Hero, etc etc. carry on the extended arguments and other people just spectate.

i like it how all of a sudden 2 people are everybody. 2=everybody. I argue with "everybody"

Edited by WesSyde

You argue with with everybody!

I have kind of controversial thoughts but thats not gonna keep me from talking. I am one of a few who can discuss without dissing the other guy as a person, unless he says **** about me first, and im gonna use that advantage: its hard to quiet a guy who only says what he thinks about different subjects, not about different people. The world has suffered extremely from people who havent been brave enough to say what they really think. But once in a while someone steps forward and talks.. and that changes the world, sometimes in a negative way and sometimes in a positive way..

Well you said some **** that im not going to accept, if you want an answer, you better learn argumenting in a better way. I mean...

"- half nude ladies at the club. yes, thats how they dress Lerkot. you might be scared of that, but it's ok you're never going to get none anyways. it's a reality of clubs, so deal with i"

Wtf? That is so extremely unecessarily. You are obviously not able to discuss in a normal way. Why should I even bother talking with you?

"well you know what Lerkot, i know for a fact you have no idea what you're talking about because you don't watch videos by other artists that make videos today so you have nothing to compare Will's video too."

Ok, you know for a fact that I dont watch other peoples music videos? I dont believe you. I do watch other peoples music videos sometimes, like Outkast, they make fantastic party music without showing whats under a girls skirt (well, The Way You Move was a little.. uhm, you know, but otherwise they keep it rather clean). Its true that Will aint exactly on the same level as 50 Cent when it comes do to showing skin but he's going the same direction. A video like Switch wasnt gonna happen ten years ago, or in 1997 for that matter..

" no, they're all in the background of the video so horny boys like you can't see them enough to beat off to them."

Again man, whats wrong with you?

yes i should "argumenting" in a better way. i'm not familiar with that, you'll have to teach me.

the reason for the disses, is because you're making horrendous accusation about Will's music and about rappers that use God in their music. nobody agrees with your statements about either of those things, but i guess you still cant accept that.

when i said i know for a fact... i was referring to other music videos that depict sluts and hoes in them. 50 Cent, G-Unit, Mike Jones, etc. the reason i said i know this is because i don't believe you would be saying Will's music videos are bad if you did indeed watch those other videos. and knowing how much you hate "gangsta" music i know you wouldn't watch them

why couldn't Switch have happened in '97? i disagree with your statement. ladies still dressed like that in '97. you still had Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre and Jay-Z with music vids depicting the same content as today's.

Edited by WesSyde

In one way I have to say I personally disagree with Lerkot. In Switch and PS music videos the girls just dance. In other videos they have the girls shoving their butts into the camera and they are groping the artist and stuff like that. Switch and PS are kinda minor.

In one way I have to say I personally disagree with Lerkot. In Switch and PS music videos the girls just dance. In other videos they have the girls shoving their butts into the camera and they are groping the artist and stuff like that. Switch and PS are kinda minor.

:word: i agree that Switch and PS are accurate depictions of a club scene. certain other videos have close up shots of booty whores shaking their butts and doing other sex related moves in front of the camera and in front of the artist. Will's depiction shows nothing like that. i think Will's is just an accurate depiction of what a club really does look like.

Back To Topic

I see no problem with these videos in anyway. They fully capture what was needed to perform the song and to introduce the songs vibe to video. Yopu cant go comparing a Will Smith video to any other rapper (who I assume you mean gangsta rappers like 50, Nelly etc) because if you actually watch their videos, the level of nakedness is considerably way more than any Will Smith video. Will has girls dressed in classy yet sexually appealing outfits, because at a club scene, just like others have said, that is what they wear.

I think regarding the Party Starter video your overlooking all the great atributes to the video, and just looking at what could be somwhat considered inapproprite. The special effects in that video are dope, but you prefer to pick up on the negative vibe you get rather than the positive. You may not like what the women are wearing, but take a look around dude, thats what they wear these days, Will isnt gonna start going down a gangsta route where he has girls in full frontal in his videos, he's just incorporating in his videos what people know happens in a club scene.

Now get back to your argument if you must :stickpoke:

hey the argument is about the topic is it not? :lolsign:

Lerkot, i'm sorry for the comments i made about you personally, but here's why i made them. Big Willie verifies my point by saying: "You may not like what the women are wearing, but take a look around dude, thats what they wear these days" and "Will has girls dressed in classy yet sexually appealing outfits, because at a club scene, just like others have said, that is what they wear"

when you make it an atrocity (sp?) that Will has women dressed the way they are when it's completely normal, it makes me question 1) what they do in Sweden and 2) if you ever look at girls. no offense, that's how i look at it and i'm sorry for bringing that to the board's attention.

come on lerk stop trippin', u keep on bringing all of this negative energy, go get laid, stop ranting like an ol' woman, u bitchin' over nothin' :stickpoke:

Edited by bigted

Well we all know lerkot got a special personality, but dem!...come on Lerk u gotta accpet ur comments dont got enough arguments, u just said Switch n PS are goin same route as many other videos, then u said u want sumthin different, but dats all, hows dat?, just accept u got dis time it wrong

is my point proven yet?

and for the knockout punch. Lerkot please watch Jay-Z's Big Pimpin Video here and tell me that Will's videos look like that. This song was released 6 years ago, and still depicts stuff we see today and Jay-Z was called the #1 MC of all time by MTV. i'd be interested to know if you can even watch the whole thing.