Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Terrible music videos

Lerkot

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why ya'll even listening to what he's saying...Lerkie i'll put it straight with u my sweedish friend.

Switch and Lost And Found = 2 Different Songs

Switch is a party song with a party video with ladies = Good publicitiy

Good Publicity = More Fans For Will...He Wins Either Way

Problem?

Peace.

Lerkot i'll wait for you to watch my video and give feedback as to whether the content on JayZ's video was more explicit than Will's or not, and also note the amount of time they show the women in JayZ's as compared to Wills.

Edited by WesSyde

Seriously guys, YES I know that "thats how things look today", but does that mean that Will have to do the same? And some of you say, yeah, sure they show a little camera stuff from the floor but other rappers are worse. How is that important? Do you have to choose between "bad" and "worse"?

""You may not like what the women are wearing, but take a look around dude, thats what they wear these days" and "Will has girls dressed in classy yet sexually appealing outfits, because at a club scene, just like others have said, that is what they wear""

Yeah, its true that girls might look that way. But Will doesnt keep anything real obviously, in Party Starter he talks about... spending time with women though he is married and got three kids. He had three options; trying to start a bad trend, keeping it real, or starting a good trend. He choose something between bad and keeping it real and that annoys me.

And yes Wes, the Jay-Z music video was worse. But as I said, do you have to chose between bad and worse?

Vipa: Yeah I could do that. I could just stop caring. What a terrific place the world would be. Germany would own Europe. Black people wouldnt have any power in the USA. Will Smith would be Al Bundy, and everyone would just close their eyes for the troubles in the world. Nah, I dont want it that way, I'm going to fight everything I hate to the day I die.

Edit: I just gotta fill in that I know that there are a big difference between Nazi-Germany taking over the world and Big Will making music videos that I think suck, but you see what I mean Vipa.

Edited by Lerkot

ok first, i acknowledge your statements and your pictures from the video lerkot

ok second, don't ever claim on this board again if you stop caring black people would have no power. you arent fighting for them and i find that statement rude and ignorant

you acknowledge that you know how women dress today. so why is what Will's doing BAD? if that's how they dress, then why is it bad? could you tell me that? if guys dress in baggy pants and thats how its shown on videos then why is it bad?

seriously Lerkot i think you've been censored too much. you claiming that girls wearing skirts and dancing in videos as being horrible would be like me exclaiming at a party "i just drank a whole can of beer!!" when everyone else is drinking tequila.

you have also stated that Will's videos can only get worse from here. now let's say that Will's videos hypothetically went in the direction of that Jay Z video. that means Will's lyrical content would have to change. after all JayZ's video is about "big pimpin" so the topic would have to fit the video. i don't see Will making songs like that in the future.

We have always (as a board) said that Will stays true to himself and always keeps it real. Now all of a sudden you are claiming the opposite. i don't think there's anything in Will's lyrical content that supports your statement. please give us the line in Party Starter you are referring to that could imply that Will is talking about spending time with women.

Seriously guys, YES I know that "thats how things look today", but does that mean that Will have to do the same?

sorry, i gotta respond to this too. once again, as a board we usually say Will strives to be different. i must totally disagree with your statement. Will is not doing the same. Are there chicks in the bathing suits which appear on camera for half of the video? is holding a 40 in one hand and a gun in the other? does Will have on a chain and some wrist bling? does he have a grill in his mouth? is he exploiting women in his songs? is he cursing, is he promoting violence? is he encouraging drug use?

the answer is NO he isnt doing those things. he IS being different. the only argument you've got is that he's doing the same as far as having women in his video. this is debatable, but i still say the extent of his content is flavorful, not explicit and therefore he is being original.

even if you were right in your claim that Will is doing the same with women in his videos, that still doesnt make him unoriginal or going down the path of other rappers because he isn't glorifying any of those other things.

Edited by WesSyde

I Like Will's videos because there good, there attracting and that's what matters most, and it's not really half bad at all, I loved the party starter video only saw it a few times though, it wasn't played alot on the radio really, for about a week lol...

ok first, i acknowledge your statements and your pictures from the video lerkot

ok second, don't ever claim on this board again if you stop caring black people would have no power. you arent fighting for them and i find that statement rude and ignorant

I dont have the time to read your post right now but I just gotta comment this:

I meant if black people wouldnt care to stand up and fight for their rights, it probably would look the same today. You have to fight for what you believe in.

I like a good fight :willvspaparazzi: :tednmax:

Edited by bart5

i see what you're saying Lerkot, fight for your beliefs. but the reality is, you're fighting for what you believe in on an internet forum. this isn't real life. and in real life, you can fight for what you believe in, but it won't matter until you make a name for yourself and become somebody.

right now you're a nobody (im not dissin you) on an internet forum and nobody is gonna change their opinion based on your fighting for what you believe in. but i respect your persistance.

random question: why did u decide to bring up this whole topic about Will degrading women and not keepin it real in his videos and songs a whole year after the release of his album?

i will look forward to your response to my above post later when you have the time

Switch is a party song with a party video with ladies = Good publicitiy

lol that's ladies ... haha nahhh man , but yeah ''Good publicitiy''... i mean now the rap music is not so for hearing it's more for watching , it's kinda sad and stupid what's happen from back in the day to now..................

There are diferences in Will's vids and trash artists vids: trash artists show women like prostitues, Will just shows girlies doin sensual moves to attract men, so they aint put like objects.

Edited by Luigie