Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Religion = bluff, christanity = power & money

Lerkot

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but bigmac, what is stopping you from writing a rap about god? Just write a rap about loving god.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or

prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or

of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition

the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm leaving it at that.

first let me say that i'm not getting into the argument about religion, especially since i am not sure of my exact religion (however i am sure of god)

but i just want to say that tim was right on, Lerkot has just as much of a right to post about lack of religion as anything else. and other people have the right to disagree, but that doesn't mean personal attacks are allowed! that **** was just immature by some other members

and Lerkot u should know that some people are gonna take a topic and turn it from a debate into a bashing argument, but i guess that's ur choice. as long as u know what ur in store for then i guess u can do that and i'll just sit back and chuckle a bit at it :kekeke:

first let me say that i'm not getting into the argument about religion, especially since i am not sure of my exact religion (however i am sure of god)

but i just want to say that tim was right on, Lerkot has just as much of a right to post about lack of religion as anything else. and other people have the right to disagree, but that doesn't mean personal attacks are allowed! that **** was just immature by some other members

and Lerkot u should know that some people are gonna take a topic and turn it from a debate into a bashing argument, but i guess that's ur choice. as long as u know what ur in store for then i guess u can do that and i'll just sit back and chuckle a bit at it :kekeke:

i agree

Wow Lerk, you really stirred it up this time! :lolsign:

I really understand where you're coming from Lerk, I have very similar views. Living in midwest America, I'm constantly surrounded with people who pitty me because of my religous views. I have access to several religous radio stations, but no science ones. Anytime day or night I can catch a sermon off of broadcast TV, but I have to have cable to catch discovery chanel. And I'm constantly irate at how religion promotes not thinking for yourself and promotes evil acts. I've seen people justify homophobia, racism, state sponsered murder, war, and keeping the criminally poor poor, all based on religion.

However, religion gives people something to believe in, something to draw strangth from from, and hope. In short, it has a lot of good qualities.

I think you'd be better served by instead of being anti religion, become anti specific results. If you're against war, argue for the peaceful Christ as opposed to the rathful God. If you really want to change minds, study the bible so you can present intelligent counter points on grounds that folks understand. (not to say you're unintelligent or you present unintelligent points, I think quite the opposite, just put it in other peoples language)

Btw, I liked the rhyme! :2thumbs:

As for folks that hate this post because it represents an athiests view point, that's just poor on your part. You knew full well what this post was about, you didn't have to read it. And there's many pro-religion posts on this board, which I, as an athiest, am all for! If you're secure in your beliefs, you shouldn't fear discussion.

I really understand where you're coming from Lerk, I have very similar views. Living in midwest America, I'm constantly surrounded with people who pitty me because of my religous views. I have access to several religous radio stations, but no science ones. Anytime day or night I can catch a sermon off of broadcast TV, but I have to have cable to catch discovery chanel. And I'm constantly irate at how religion promotes not thinking for yourself and promotes evil acts. I've seen people justify homophobia, racism, state sponsered murder, war, and keeping the criminally poor poor, all based on religion.

www.airamericaradio.com :2thumbs: