JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smiths new single being slept on...

Does this mean this is the end for BIG WILLY?

Of course not. He doesn't fit in 2 the same cateogry as the soulless chart topping commerical rappers...so the same standards don't apply. Unlike 50 Cent, Ludacris, Nelly, and so on, FP doesn't need 2 release an album almost every 2 years. He has a different fan base and appeals 2 a different kind of music fan. FP's music career isn't going anywhere...1 weakly accepted single has never stopped him.

Ha ha!! U can't just say it's not as big as "Switch" without saying it isn't big at all. As of right now, the song has done nothing. Show me and outlet 2 vote 4 it and support it, and i will.

The album's gold and there's only 5 or 6 others in the rap game this year that could say they've done that or better, I think Fat Joe's career might be over faster than Will's 'cause he didn't even do that.

Edited by bigted

The only reason why FP survived in the rap game was his movie success. we probably wouldnt have heard of him if he hadnt been so succesful in movies after 1993. it would be the same thing as PE or Naughty by nature. nobody knows them really and they dont get any attention from the media.

JJFP rock the house

DefCEM... I dont think so... some of Wills tracks on BWS where really really made to get played on the radio, acting is not an guarantee that you are gonna sell much cds... Will would have sold about 10 mill worldwide if it werent for the movies, instead of 14.. Thats what I think anyway.

the reason why ppl still knew him back in 1997 was his success in movies. you cant deny that, cause thats a fact. he officially stopped doing music back in 1993/94 and he said that he isnt going to do music anymore. ppl wouldnt buy BWS if he hadnt been so successful. Men In Black was his first track which was at the same time the soundtrack for his biggest movie back then. and thats also the reason why Willenium didnt do so well. These 8million ppl who bought BWS were just lil kids who had no idea about real hiphop.

JJFP Rock The House

the reason why ppl still knew him back in 1997 was his success in movies. you cant deny that, cause thats a fact. he officially stopped doing music back in 1993/94 and he said that he isnt going to do music anymore. ppl wouldnt buy BWS if he hadnt been so successful. Men In Black was his first track which was at the same time the soundtrack for his biggest movie back then. and thats also the reason why Willenium didnt do so well. These 8million ppl who bought BWS were just lil kids who had no idea about real hiphop.

JJFP Rock The House

If thats the case, then Shaq, Eddie Murphy and Kobe Bryant should have all sold 8 million records or more.

• Members

JJFP Rock The House

In some ways i have to say i agree with you. i admit that i was one of those kids, i saw Men In Black, loved it and brought Will Smith's BWS album because of the song "Men In Black". but i was 11 when the album came out and from what i can remember it is the first time i truely knew what Rap was, but unlike most of the "kids" who brought the album just because of "Men In Black" i have brought all of Will Smith's Albums on the day of release since, and the first Rap song i ever remember hearing was "Boom! Shake The Room" back when i was in First school at the age of 7, as it was used in one of the scene's for the school play (which i was in :wickedwisdom: ), and at the time i had no idea who it was, but it obviously made an impression on me because Will Smith's BWS album was the first Rap album i ever brought and i have been a fan of his music ever since and i'm now going back and buying any "DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince" album whenever i can find them, so far i have only managed to find "Code Red".

But Will does have a different Fan Base to acts like 50 cent, i think Will has an older generation of fans, who brought his and Jeff's albums, and still buy Will's albums because of them being Fan's of his music.

everybody is screaming that he should leave doing music...

why? he is just doing what he loves and he has a right to do that!

just because he doesn't sell as many records as 50 cent or G(ay) Unit etc, doesn't mean he should stop doing what he loves, he has fans and i'm sure he appreciates them alot more then 50 does.