JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PRAYER AND SUPPORT CIRCLE

I wanna sent out a prayer request for some awful news i just got. One of my best friends that i grew up with just has tragity hit his household. Apparently, one of the family friends was calling his house trying 2 talk to his wife (also one of my friends). She wasn't answering the phone which was pretty weird, so the person trying to call the house called him at his work. He left work to check the house and his wife on the kitchen floor unconcious. Apparently she had some kind out-of-the-blue medical issue and slipped into a coma. She was on life support for about a week when they found that there was no brain activity and that they didn't plan on ever finding any. He made the hard decision to stop the life support and she died the next day (yesterday).

I grew up with this guy. We've known each other for almost 20 years. I've known he wife for 10 of them. Even after we stopped seeing each other regularly (about 5 years ago), we've stayed in touch and they come to my photography studio for family pictures. About a year ago they had their 1st baby and just a few weeks ago, they had their 2nd. It was kind of weird because a few weeks ago, he brought their son in to get pictures and we didn't have much luck. He just didn't wanna cooperate. So a few days later he came came in with his wife and we tried again. We kinda talked and hung out since business was slow. Then to get this news, my heart just totally goes out to him. I can't imagin going thru' something like this and how he's going to raise 2 very young kids without a mother. I just got the news and i plan on calling him today or tomorrow. I have no idea what 2 say, but i gotta do it. For weeks i've felt like we were gonna start keeping in touch better and seeing each other more often and i'm feeling that now it may be cuz he's gonna need help getting thru' all of this.

I'm just asking for company praying for this young family go give them strength, support, and comfort thru' this storm. I'm also asking for a prayer helping me to say the right words the right way when i talk to him.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping 2 get some prayer support on my recent situation. Many of u know, i run a photography studio, which has been a blessing. I've learned so much, had so much fun, and started getting my life settled. I can humbly say i'm great at what i do, my employees love me and so do my customers. Anyways, in the past month or 2 my numbers have been pretty crappy. We just aren't making money the way we should be. It's been stressing me for awhile now and it's killing my passion 4 the business. It seems like i've been sacraficing so much of myself to make it happen and now i'm more than burned out and dying 4 a vacation. Anyways, i just got a 30 Day Action Plan...which means i need 2 change these numbers around NOW or they are gonna consider getting rid of me. It's amazing how u can work somewhere for over 5 years, generate success and sales, climb up the ranks, and give your all...and once things getting kinda crappy, they can treat u like crap. Why i still have it in me 2 fix this, it's very frustrating, embarassing, and stressful.

I guess i'm just asking the passion to keep on, the drive to make things happen, the skill to bring the whole team up, and then to finally get 2 unwind and start 2 enjoy life again.

Thanx in advance!!

It's not so much that, it's that the top people in the company turning their back on me like that. Things aren't really that bad...just not what they should be. The past 3 days we have been blowing numbers away. So i see good things on the horizon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

It's not so much that, it's that the top people in the company turning their back on me like that. Things aren't really that bad...just not what they should be. The past 3 days we have been blowing numbers away. So i see good things on the horizon.

That's awfully unfortunate, so I will pray for you.

Keep on doing what you know is right, and things may sort themselves out.

• 1 month later...

I asking for more support on my most recent request. The numbers in my studio got better...but now they are going back down again. I'm 1 and a half week away from my Digital Conversion being over (which has kept me soooo busy) but one of peers in the business saw that my job is being advertised on Hotjobs. I think my DM is trying 2 get someone in her back pocket 2 replace me if i don't get these numbers up. That crazy thing is, they want me 2 make like $1,000 extra each day to what we made last year. It's insane. In my limited human mind, i know everything will happen 4 the best. The 2 things being either i get the level of success they want and i gain my personal life back with the conversion and new hires....OR they get rid of my and the new job will be better for me. Who knows. It's just driving me crazy becuz everytime i think i can start 2 live again, it gets taken away from me...which is no way 2 live. I'm FINALLY buying a new car this week so it be nice 2 know they'll be no gap in paychecks coming my way...ha ha. So yeah, i'd appriciate prayer support on success or whatever is meant 2 be.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, AJ hope all is getting better on your end seems like there's been quite a bit going on for you.

I gotta ask for some support as well. My dad just called and my cousin Adam is leaving for Iraq on October 7th (the day after my birthday). Also my friend Angie is leaving for Baghdad soon as well.

I'm saying this straight up, war is wrong. Any and all wars are. There have been no wars in the history of man that have ever been won. Think about it. The Brits won World War 2 with America and the European allies, but Britain was bombed out as well. So who wins? nobody. We act like a higher society, but we are still petty enough to have wars over what? And worst of all is that nobody has the guts to protest anymore. I attend a lot of protests and its a lot of older people, do the younger people care? no, and we are the ones that are affected.

"Give peace a chance" - John Lennon.

That's all I gotta say.

• 1 month later...

Well, i geuss it's my turn to ask for some prayer and support from the boards..me and my family are moving it's messed up how it all went down but my mom said it's time for us to leave. i'll let you guy's know when we get settled in just wanted to ask for some support thanks in advance.

Edited by ant1