JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

do you feel kinda bad for loretta?

yeah i feel a little bad for her but she sort of let herself get out of control. Even if she did feel that way about Will, surely the little voice inside her said, you've got no chance just go to his movies listen to his music and get on with your life.

I feel more sorry for Will and Jada tho, must be scary. i thought that Will wrote Loretta in a really good way, he said what she did so the listener can make thier choice on her (we have all decided she crazy lol) but Will also wrote it with a bit of sympathy.

Sorry 4 the long detail my friend is a therapist n she tells me these things.

thats what they all say :wink:

:rofl: :lolsign:

I feel bad that she let herself get so obsessed with Will to do the things she did. I'm glad she got arrested before she decided to kill him or Jada! She deserved to get her life in order, and hopefully she did.

yeah i feel a little bad for her but she sort of let herself get out of control. Even if she did feel that way about Will, surely the little voice inside her said, you've got no chance just go to his movies listen to his music and get on with your life.

I feel more sorry for Will and Jada tho, must be scary. i thought that Will wrote Loretta in a really good way, he said what she did so the listener can make thier choice on her (we have all decided she crazy lol) but Will also wrote it with a bit of sympathy.

Yeah, Loretta is one of the greatest songs on L&F and one of the greatest eva! It is just so smooth, dunno just love it... :sleep:

I'm sure it was Selena's accountant that killed her and not her number 1 fan

Actually Selena's killer was the president of the Selena Fan Club.

I go both ways with the Loretta situation. I feel sorry because she did have real mental issues and allowed admiration to turn real crazy.

I don't feel sorry for her because... SHE WAS NUTS!!!!! She stalked Will and talked about killing his wife. She deserved to be locked up.

Loretta is like the Runaway Bride here in the States. There are some people talking about how she shouldn't go to jail. YES SHE SHOULD!!! She ran away and almost had a nationwide hunt on for her. She lied to the police and she deserves to go to jail... just like Loretta.

• Admin

i think its a testament to Will's writing that it wasnt just sum crazy person..but you actually felt some sympathy towards her..he coulda just painted her as an absolute psycho :hmm:

I don't really feel my sympathy from FP on the track. I think he made her out 2 be real. I still don't feel sorry 4 her. That kinda person chooses 2 act that way and act things out that way. I think it would akward if he felt real sympathy 4 her...beyond her mental issues.

Greesy, i don't see how the song is "smooth"...ha ha. The subject matter and the vibe of the song actually have some tension 2 them...nothing's smooth and laidback about it in my opinion.

i feel bad that she had issues but i don't feel sorry for her, b/c her visions of Will and herself were just so farfetched, obviously she had serious problems, i mean you don't stalk people for the hell of it...your "husband"? c'mon what is that? but i do think it's a great song b/c it's just really honest, but i hate when i read comments about it and people are like "isn't that cute" or "she's so lucky he wrote a song about her" :hmm: he wrote it for a reason and i don't think a lot of people get the message

Certainly not the ppl at willsmith.com didn't get the message :haha:

Edited by Angel Amor

I don't really feel my sympathy from FP on the track.  I think he made her out 2 be real.  I still don't feel sorry 4 her.  That kinda person chooses 2 act that way and act things out that way.  I think it would akward if he felt real sympathy 4 her...beyond her mental issues.

yeah, if I was will, and i was goin thru somethin like that, i wouldn't feel sorry 4 her. but from the outside, i seriously feel sorry that some people are so freakin stupid that they go after celebs, and i also feel sorry for the idiots at messageboards (ahem... willsmith.com... ahem) who think it's cool and say they wanted 2 do the same thing. some people seriously have issues.