JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

a list of rappers...

*mimi*

I was just curious on which rappers you guys like, think are okay, or absolutely hate (this one I can tell haha...). Anyways, it's a long list! If u don't know the rapper, just put a ?. Keep it short though. No paragraphs or long sentences. 2 lines at most. A word or two is even better!

Part 1

In random order:

Snoop Dogg

Kurupt

Daz

Rakim

LL Cool J

DMX

Redman

Method Man

Warren G

the Game

Nas

Jay-z

Biggie

Fat Joe

Big Pun

2Pac

KRS-One

NWA

Eminem

Ja Rule

Petey Pablo

Tech 9ne

Dead Prez

Mos Def

Tribe Called Quest

Ludacris

Foxy Brown

Trina

Beanie Siegel

50Cent

Big L

Common

Kanye West

Xzibit

The Roots

Twista

Trick Daddy

Run DMC

Talib Kweli

Scarface

P. Diddy

Nelly

Chingy

DJ Quik

Keith Murray

Gangstarr

Ghostface Killah

Ice Cube

Juvenile

Eve

Outkast

Busta Rhymes

---------------

that's it for now... maybe more later. Thanks guys

Aight here I go:

Snoop Dogg, legendary mc

Kurupt, he's aight

Daz, he's aight

Rakim, the most lyrically gifted mc to ever bless the mic

LL Cool J, most versatile mc ever

DMX, one of the best mcs in recent years

Redman, one of the most underrated mcs

Method Man, dope mc from wu-tang clan

Warren G, represents that g-funk hip-hop with snoop, i feel his style

the Game, he might have a great career if he leaves g unit

Nas, arguably the best mc in the last decade

Jay-z, he has skills but he's too overrated

Biggie, was nowhere near 2Pac's skills

Fat Joe, he was a great mc when he came out but since big pun died, he's not the same anymore, even though he's sold more recently, still aight

Big Pun, his life was cut short too soon but he opened a lot of doors for latin rappers, he deserves more due

2Pac, he rapped with a lot of heart in his short career

KRS-One, the most intelligent rapper to ever blessed the mic

NWA, they were a great group but broke up too soon

Eminem, he has skills but he's overrated just like Jay-Z

Ja Rule, wack mc, not as wack as 50 cent though...

Well I gtg now, I'll continue the rest later

Edited by bigted

Part 1

In random order:

Snoop Dogg - laidback gangsta hip-hop. I like Snoop.

Kurupt - umm...his mic skillz ain't that bad but he dosen't have any lyrics. His music overall is boring, forgetable, and usually wack.

Daz - same as Kurupt

Rakim - The master...the greatest emcee of all time.

LL Cool J - my 2nd fav emcee of all time. Creative, funny, and LEGENDARY

DMX - gritty street Hip-Hop at it's best. Raw and untaimed on the mic.

Redman - hilarious, creative, original...one of the best emcees 2 get success in recent years.

Method Man - i like alot of his stuff. His voice is one of a kind.

Warren G - laidback westcoast genius. I love his stuff.

the Game - Wack. Trash. Awful flow, stupid lyrics. Pure crap.

Nas - introspective and multifaced. Nice flow and voice. I can't feel all his stuff...but he gets tons of props from me.

Jay-z - annoying voice, usually boring lyrics. He has a few trax i like. His early stuff waz good.

Biggie - I never really felt B.I.G. Some of his stuff ain't bad, but i think he's highly overrated.

Fat Joe - He's got some dope stuff, and some stuff i don't care 2 listen 2. I don't buy his albums tho.'

Big Pun - I coundn't get in2 him. I liked 1 or 2 of his singles but i thought he waz highly overrateted.

2Pac - ghetto prophet. Very multifaced and misunderstood. One of the smartest people 2 ever record music and had one of the biggest hearts in Hip-Hop.

KRS-One - One of the best ever. Intellegent, thought provoking, and Hip-Hop's biggest fan and leader.

NWA - Groundbreaking.

Eminem - Once a genius...now an idiot. Annoying voice and often an annoying flow 2. Not a good producer and a sell out 2 his original fanbase.

Ja Rule - Hardcore wannabe and DMX biter. His has 1 or 2 singles i like, but not relaly cuz his music is any good...ha ha.

Petey Pablo - wack

Tech 9ne - haven't heard hardly any trax by Tech 9ne...no opinion.

Dead Prez - same here...no opinoin

Mos Def - One of the few keeping it real these days. Amazing artist...tho' the sound of his most recent album isn't that great.

Tribe Called Quest - Possibly the best GROUP of all time.

Ludacris - sometimes funny, but overall his lyrics bore me and his flow annoys me. Most of his singles are unbarable 2 listen 2.

Foxy Brown - she's on fire. One of the only non-old skool females that can hang with the fellas. I didn't feel her Chyna Doll album much. She bit Lil' Kim's style which is wack in the 1st place.

Trina - Trash...slut music...ha ha

Beanie Siegel - no thanx. No lyrics or flow.

50Cent - Trash, unoriginal, obnoxious. WACK

Big L - intellegent, simple, but good. I have his last album but don't listen 2 it enuff 2 have a solid opinion. It just didn't keep my attention.

Common - one of the best. Flow always dope, Lyrics always on point. The ONLY thing that ever turned me off waz the over all direction of his last album.

Kanye West - overrated but better than all the other cats who have come out in the last 5 years.

Xzibit - Some of his stuff is good, some of it isn't. I don't listen 2 him enuff 2 have an opinion.

The Roots - originators. One of the top groups ever. Again, the experimental stuff they've done isn't comparable 2 their original style.

Twista - great flow. Most of his lyrics are dope 2.

Trick Daddy - At 1st i used 2 diss him 2 death. But i like his last 2 singles.

Run DMC - the greatest group...Tribe will have 2 be bumped 2 number 2

Talib Kweli - classic. Flow always on point, lyrics alway relevant. One of the best solo artists ever.

Scarface - dope...original repersenter of the dirty south.

P. Diddy - i don't consider him a real rapper. His flow and lyrics don't stand out at all. But when it comes 2 what's on the radio, i don't mind his stuff when u comepare it 2 G-Unit and Mike Jones.

Nelly - lyrics are often trash and his flow/voice are pretty annoying. He dose a have a few trax i don't mind tho.'

Chingy - I think this guy could have some real usic on his hands, but his production and commercal aimed lyrics are boring 2 wack. I like 2 of his singles which make me feel this way.

DJ Quik - pimped out west coast style at its best.

Keith Murray - i love this guy. I bought his 1st album when it 1st came out. I can't say i like ALL of his music, but he's defintly got skillz.

Gangstarr - AMAZING!! It dont' get much better.

Ghostface Killah - I haven't listened 2 him enuff 2 have an opinion.

Ice Cube - One of the west coast's best. I grew up on his stuff and it set the mood 4 what good hardcore Hip-Hop is...which is why i hate so much of these fake gangstas like 50 Cent.

Juvenile - his music makes me puke

Eve - one of the only female emcees that has come out in recent years that i respect

Outkast - creative and ground breaking. I don't like all of their recent stuff, but it's still good music.

Busta Rhymes - Hip-Hop's last standing solo emcee who gets crazy sales. While other true skool emcees often suffer when it comes 2 sales, Busta always excels.

• Admin

Snoop Dogg - kool

Kurupt - talented featured on sum good traxs

Daz - average

Rakim - legend, took the artform forward

LL Cool J - old school legend..longevity

DMX - hardcore, not my thing

Redman - funny, done sum dope stuff and sum weak

Method Man - solid

Warren G - like his production style attitude

the Game - from CALI rhymin with a new york accent

Nas - done sum good stuff

Jay-z - nice flow

Biggie - never felt him

Fat Joe - not a big fan

Big Pun - never listened to his stuff

2Pac - not in2 him

KRS-One - 1 of the best conscious rappers

NWA - legends of gangsta rap

Eminem - overrated

Ja Rule - weak

Petey Pablo - i like blow your whistle

Tech 9ne - havent listened

Dead Prez - havent checked em

Mos Def - done sum awesome traxs..like travellin man

Tribe Called Quest - released sum classics

Ludacris - good at what he does

Foxy Brown - talentless

Trina - ?

Beanie Siegel- never listened

50Cent - kids like him..i dont

Big L - never checked him

Common - talented artist who hasnt reached his potential

Kanye West - overrated

Xzibit - did sum good stuff early b4 fallin off

The Roots - when they were a band they were amazing..great up to illadelph then lost the plot

Twista - never checked him

Trick Daddy - never heard

Run DMC - released sum classics

Talib Kweli - says sum good stuff but flow i cant get with..

Scarface - never listened

P. Diddy - good businessman terrible artist

Nelly - awful

Chingy - not my thing

DJ Quik - never checked

Keith Murray - has sum talent done sum good traxs

Gangstarr - gurus great..they done sum good hip hop

Ghostface Killah - like sum of his stuff

Ice Cube - nother legend..does his thing

Juvenile - never listened

Eve - shes okay

Outkast - pretty good

Busta Rhymes - always original

Continuing Where I left off:

Petey Pablo, wack

Tech 9ne,?

Dead Prez, ?, but will gave them a shout-out, so they must be aight then

Mos Def, the most intelligent mc to come out in recent years

Tribe Called Quest, legendary group, only Run-Dmc and PE are better

Ludacris, he was inspired by JJFP so he's aight in my book

Foxy Brown, one of the best mcs to come out in recent years, male or female

Trina, classless, wack

Beanie Siegel, flow's annoying

50Cent, one of the worst rappers ever

Big L, only put out one album, he was aight

Common, puts a lot of soul into his music, obviously inspired by tribe called quest, he deserves his due, hopefully he wins a grammy next year

Kanye West, he's a lil' overhyped but he's aight

Xzibit, dope mc from west coast

The Roots, bring that philly soul to their music, experiment too much recently though but still dope

Twista, fast rhymer, dope

Trick Daddy, annoying

Run DMC, greatest hip-hop group

Talib Kweli, keeps conscious hip-hop alive, deserves more due

Scarface, pioneer of the south, legend

P. Diddy, like kanye west except he's a better producer

Nelly, one of the worst rappers ever

Chingy, same as above

DJ Quik, legendary producer/mc

Keith Murray, witty mc with mad punchlines

Gangstarr, legendary group, dj premiere's one of the best djs/producers, guru is one of he best mcs

Ghostface Killah, arguably the best mc in wu-tang after method man

Ice Cube, the best mc to come out of nwa, hardcore rap at it's finest after krs and pe

Juvenile, same as 50 cent/nelly/chingy

Eve, the best mc in rough ryders after dmx

Outkast, best group to come out in last decade, last album was overrated though

Busta Rhymes, discovered by chuck d 15 years ago and still going strong with mad energy, obviously inspired from fresh prince

Did you ever think that other people may have different views, some say that rakim is the lyrically the best, some say that jay z is the most overratted, blah blah blah.....well what i think is that all of us here have to respect each and every artist that you name, because at the end of the day, how can we say that Nelly "One Of The Worst Rappers Ever" But he has to be good enough to:

A: Get A Record Deal

B: Become Rich

C: The Fans Love Them

so i dont we have no right at all to dissrespect any artists, because lets face it, they made it and we havent....so why say 50 cents whack, when it real case he will rip all of us in this board....and some of us could stand up to him and make him try....but at the end of the day....the majorirty of people who love 50 cent is more people here.....you feel me?

Did you ever think that other people may have different views, some say that rakim is the lyrically the best, some say that jay z is the most overratted, blah blah blah.....well what i think is that all of us here have to respect each and every artist that you name, because at the end of the day, how can we say that Nelly "One Of The Worst Rappers Ever" But he has to be good enough to:

so i dont we have no right at all to dissrespect any artists, because lets face it, they made it and we havent....so why say 50 cents whack, when it real case he will rip all of us in this board....and some of us could stand up to him and make him try....but at the end of the day....the majorirty of people who love 50 cent is more people here.....you feel me?

Well no I dont feel it really. On a forum you can cunt with people disrespecting others favorite artists without all the time typing "in my opinion" claiming that it hasnt have to be that way, its just the way you think. Keep sawing those crap rappers!

Well you do have a point there, they all worked hard to make it in the music buisiness and we all have different tastes, but the artists don't always respect each other, Nelly has no right to diss KRS-ONE ever 'cause KRS-ONE opened doors for Nelly, so in that I say Nelly's classless and 50 Cent disses Nas and Jadakiss just 'cause he sells more records than them so he's not very respectful either since they been out longer than him, and what gives Eminem the right to diss every pop star out there when he's a pop star himself, if he really hated mainstream that bad he would release his albums independently. If I made it big I wouldn't turn around and diss 50 Cent, Nelly, or Eminem even though they ain't my favorites, but I wouldn't go out of my way to give them props either since they don't respect the ones that were pioneers of music, it should work both ways, I don't hate the player, I hate the game(not the rapper, lol).

Edited by bigted

• Members

How about in part 2 we add Hammer, Violent J, Shaggy 2 Dope, Jamie Madrox, Monoxide Child, Shifty Shellshock, Epic Mazur, Fred Durst, Mike Shinoda, Snow, Vanilla Ice, Sonny, Everlast, etc? :wait:

Snoop Dogg - ok

Kurupt - ?

Daz - ?

Rakim - like

LL Cool J - like

DMX - okay

Redman - okay

Method Man - okay

Warren G - okay

the Game - dislike

Nas - okay

Jay-z - dislike

Biggie - dislike

Fat Joe - dislike

Big Pun - ?

2Pac - like

KRS-One - like

NWA - ?

Eminem - dislike

Ja Rule - dislike

Petey Pablo - ?

Tech 9ne - ?

Dead Prez - ?

Mos Def - okay

Tribe Called Quest - like

Ludacris - okay

Foxy Brown - ?

Trina - ?

Beanie Siegel - ?

50Cent - dislike

Big L - ?

Common - like

Kanye West - okay

Xzibit - like

The Roots - ?

Twista - okay

Trick Daddy - okay

Run DMC - like

Talib Kweli - okay

Scarface - ?

P. Diddy - ?

Nelly - dislike

Chingy - dislike

DJ Quik - ?

Keith Murray - ?

Gangstarr - like

Ghostface Killah - ?

Ice Cube - okay

Juvenile - dislike

Eve - ?

Outkast - like

Busta Rhymes - ?

Edited by reborn2reign

Snoop Dogg: I like some of his newer stuff; seems more mellow & mature

Kurupt: not real talented

Daz: same as Kurupt

Rakim: one of the 5 greatest MCs of all-time

LL Cool J: longevity has its place; one of the best

DMX: raw MC; gritty

Redman: the 21st century Biz Markie; mad funny

Method Man: love his flow; underrated as an MC

Warren G: he's OK

The Game: would be better if he dumped G-Unit and had more mature rhymes

Nas: Ghetto prophet; his stuff over the past 2-3 years is what I thought his whole career would be

Jay-Z: can't deny his skills on the mic; may have best flow but sometimes wastes his flow on remedial stuff

Biggie: love B.I.G.; he was the truth; would still be top dog if still alive

Fat Joe: never really liked him all that much

Big Pun: same as Fat Joe

2Pac: loved his pre-Death Row music

KRS-One: the teacher; self-explanatory; one of 5 greatest MCs

NWA: groundbreaking; raw lyrics; told about real street life

Eminem: once witty, now just falling way short of what he could be

Ja Rule: always thought he was wack

Petey Pablo: wick-wick-wack

Tech 9ne: ?

Dead Prez: they need more shine; they spit real lyrics

Mos Def: same as dead prez; definitely underrated as an MC

Tribe Called Quest: Greatest Group Of All-Time

Ludacris: cool flow; witty; waste talents on some nonsense

Foxy Brown: she came out raw on LL's "I Shot Ya Remix"; hasn't lived up to that since

Trina: not talented; got by because of her.... derriere

Beanie Siegel: dude is trash to me

50Cent: wackest rapper of all-time

Big L: underrated MC

Common: come on, he's from the CHI; you know I'm gonna give him props; best MC not getting shine he deserves

Kanye West: somewhat overrated but has his own style which is cool

Xzibit: another MC who would be dope if he didn't spit so much b.s.

The Roots: 4th best group all-time behind Tribe, De La Soul & Run DMC

Twista: world's fastest rapper; can't understand what he's saying though

Trick Daddy: kind of wack

Run DMC: the Godfathers of Rap; first group to really break into mainstream

Talib Kweli: same as Mos Def, dead prez, Common; cat needs more shine

Scarface: Houston's finest; dude had real gutter flow; raw

P. Diddy: all about self-promotion; lyrically on par with 50 Cent which means he's wack

Nelly: dude is wack to me as well; Tip Drill killed him for me

Chingy: why is this dude even rapping?

DJ Quik: underrated MC and producer

Keith Murray: loved his 2nd album, Enigma

Gangstarr: these cats were always on point; Dwyck may be one of 10-20 greatest hip-hop songs

Ghostface Killah: another MC who wasted a lot of his flow on wack nonsense

Ice Cube: there would be no West Coast without Cube

Juvenile: how did he ever become popular

Eve: never really lived up to her potential; thought she could have next great female MC after Latifah

Outkast: words can't even describe how original these cats are

Busta Rhymes: that's my boy!! always bringing energy; one of my fave MCs

Hip hop and it's oral expression "rap" have nothing 2 do with money.. it's all about the art, u know. Hip Hop was created by young men and women who were doin it 4 fun n cuz they felt 2 do it.. they were not doin it 4 money.. Nowadays a few Hip Hops get enuff money 2 live from there "hobby" cuz also normal people go and buy their stuff.. as long as this does not destroy the artform, I think that this is ok.. but when they play the "game" with the rules of the pop-business, they 4get about da original sense of Hip Hop and art in generell.. yo, n that's why I don't like them.. they might get respect from middle-class kids, but never from the hardcore activists n fans.. peace

Snoop Dogg ... great mc .. but not exactly my taste ..

Rakim .. old school legend .. dunno him ..

LL Cool J .. great .. one of my favs

DMX .. i only know his party tracks .. not my taste ..

Warren G .. great mc .. regulator :P

the Game .. well .. i wont listen to lps with 50 on it .. so .. dont know his music really good .. but .. ugly guy ..

Nas .. rulez ..

Jay-z .. lame ..

Biggie .. good mc .. but strange flow .. not my taste ..

Big Pun .. nice .. not more .. not less ..

2Pac .. great flow .. even if i dont really like all of his tracks .. but some are really fantastic .. like 'i aint mad at cha'

KRS-One .. old school legend .. nothin more to say ^^

NWA .. dont like em

Eminem .. crap

Ja Rule .. crap

Petey Pablo .. crap ... but not as much as em or ja rule :P

Mos Def .. wonderful .. mos def rockz .. jam on it ..

Tribe Called Quest ... legends .. nice old-school-lyrics .. great old-school-beats .. wonderful ..

Ludacris .. i dont really like his aggressive flow ..

50Cent .. most corny rapper ever ..

Common .. one of my absolute favs .. great flow ..

Kanye West .. great producer .. good rapper ..

Xzibit .. same as luda ..

The Roots .. awesome ..

Twista .. fast flow .. great ..

Run DMC .. not really my taste .. but .. old school legends of course ..

Talib Kweli .. great ..

P. Diddy .. uhm .. bla .. some good tracks .. but not self written .. so .. corny

Nelly .. urgl .. crap .. even if i like to hear 'ride with me' sometimes

Ice Cube .. even if he is some kind of 'gangster-rapper' .. i like him ..

Outkast .. nice ..

Busta Rhymes .. dont like his flow .. but .. has done a lot for hip hop ..

For Bigted And Freshstecki:

Ofcourse i know that rap and hip hop isnt all about money, but you both have really good points, To me every artist who have even sold 1 record, they have my respect for doing it, i have respect for anyone who uses hip hop as an art just not a money making technique, to me if i become a rapper, i wouldnt care about money, i wouldnt turn up to the board meetings about all the money, ill just ignore them and keep making music, because thats what i'd love to do, make music for the fans and whoever wants to hear it.

Joe