JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Not every rapper that curses is a gangsta rapper, I don't think anyone considers Slick Rick, LL Cool J, or KRS-ONE gangsta rappers, even though they cursed on few of their songs, so I wouldn't trip if FP cursed a lil' bit in his songs, that wouldn't make him gangsta. He's been keepin' it real to who he is, he's not a gangsta and he's not gonna act like one now. There are a lot of mcs who just don't keep it true to who they are, one minute they act hard and diss those who dance in videos wit girls, then another minute they're dancing in videos with girls(no need to say names, we all know who they are already), how're they keepin' it real? :roll:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His style has changed a little bit. In his new video he's dancin' wit' half naked girls and his clothing looks more gangsta but will smith is will smith and definitely no gangsta.

Everybody was laughing about him and sayin' he do white music cos' it ain't hard enough for black music. And if he will curse on his new record it won't mean that he's a gangsta now just cos' he's sain' s*** or f***.

Lost and Found is gon' be dope and y'all know dat

:ditto:

It's amazing what some people consider "gangsta." God forbid FP wear any baggy cloths or a hat 2 da back. As if he hasn't done that his entire career?!? And there's a difference between the ladies u'll find in a FP video and the hoe's u'll find in a Nelly video. The ladies in FP's videos might show some skin from time 2 time, but they are gorgous and are presented tastefully...not strictly objects of lust. When u see a Nelly music video w/ girls, they are unattractive and don't take care of themselves, and they are wearing almost nothing. Reguardless, girls in a music video dosen't mean anything. Look at what some of the girls wore in the "WWW" music video...is that gangsta?!?

No that would be the ultimate contradiction wouldn't it :kekeke: going thru' your whole career never saying one curse word and dissing gangsta rap then all of a sudden cussing up a storm...nah...won't happen.

didn't he say f*** on "I'm Lookin' For The One"(To Be Wit Me), and he said b**** on "You Saw My Blinker" and didn't he curse a lot in Bad Boys II, what difference does it make anyway? :dunno: I could care less if he curses or not, as long as he drops dope hip-hop. FP ain't ever gonna go gangsta though, that ain't his style.

No that would be the ultimate contradiction wouldn't it :kekeke: going thru' your whole career never saying one curse word and dissing gangsta rap then all of a sudden cussing up a storm...nah...won't happen.

didn't he say f*** on "I'm Lookin' For The One"(To Be Wit Me), and he said b**** on "You Saw My Blinker" and didn't he curse a lot in Bad Boys II, what difference does it make anyway? :dunno: I could care less if he curses or not, as long as he drops dope hip-hop. FP ain't ever gonna go gangsta though, that ain't his style.

I dont think he said "f***" on Im Looking For The One...

:ditto:

What I meant 2 say is no, he won't all of a sudden do gangsta rap, obviously. I just used cursing as an example of one of the things he won't do...and of course u can curse and not be gangsta, I know that, but I really doubt FP would start doing all that all of a sudden. That's all. :thumb:

I wouldn't be mad if he cussed. Everybody's cussing. Talib kweli, kanye west, common. But they ain't gangsta. they're the best rappers alive. As long as it isn't worthless cussing without any point. then.. ye..