JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

kanye l shut out at the ama"s

Guest lambertj3

Guest lambertj3

Kanye West Fumes Over AMA Loss

Posted on Tuesday, November 16 @ 06:36:37 EST by MusicMan

The Chicago Sun-Times reports that after Kanye West lost the award for favorite breakthrough artist at the American Music Awards to country singer Gretchen Wilson Sunday night, West stomped out of the auditorium. "I was robbed," West fumed backstage. "I refuse to give a politically correct answer because I make this music from my heart. ... I was the best new artist this year."

That's immature, there's a lot of great mcs in hip-hop that never won AMAs, Grammys, or MTV awards, he should take his loss like a man! :ditto:

Kanye is turning out 2 be a real punk. He's turning in2 a really self-centered fool. Who takes those award shows that seriously?!?! He's not a country music fan i assume...i know i'm not. Who says she isn't just as big as he is in the world of country music!?!

Just like I personally think that Debra Killings should have won something when she was rockin it....but it didn't happen like I would have wanted it to...but she's not complaining...

btw,...I've been watching her live video that one of my best friends, Rhythm directed (and produced by a coupla his potnas that I work with sumtimes) and it is off da chain... Debra has a heck of alot more talent than alotta other females out there,...and it sickens me to see how the 'recognition pedestal' is just tarnished with ppl that dont deserve to be on it...

Kanye is good. .but dang, why u tootin dat gansta~funk horn like that bru? It's like saying LOOK PEOPLE>>>>LOOK AT ME...look-look-look-LOOK LOOOOOOOOOOOK!...or somethiN 2 that effect LMBO :hilarious: im buggN.. :sonny:

peace

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

Why does it not surprise me that Kayne pitched a fit over losing the best new artist award? He can be a bit arrogant at times. AJ is right; there have been a number of better MCs that never won an award(Busta Rhymes comes to mind) but didn't pitch a fit about it. At least Kayne didn't walk on the stage in front of people like 50 Cent(another crybaby) did.

Edited by TopDawg14

have you heard his album(especially 'last call')? he summarized his album in that speech. he talked about how ppl didnt think he could be a rapper, and said all kindsa stuff i didnt remember. but he ended it with 'this is proof that dreams come true' and held up his award.

he just doesnt seem to be the type of person to be mad after losing one award you know?

I don't think of him as highly as alot of commercial rap fans do, but i do think he's one of the better artists 2 come out in recent years. However, after hearing about him charging a church lots of money 2 do a show which ended up really crappy, THEN him whining about not winning an award...that's just pathetic.

I don't think of him as highly as alot of commercial rap fans do, but i do think he's one of the better artists 2 come out in recent years. However, after hearing about him charging a church lots of money 2 do a show which ended up really crappy, THEN him whining about not winning an award...that's just pathetic.

:werd: He's turnin' out to be selfish as Jay-Z is, he's turning out to be a hypocrite 'cause he sounded so humble in "Jesus Walks" but then turns out to do those things! :nhawong: I never heard Will complain when "Born To Reign" didn't go platinum 'cause he could deal wit it, you can't have success all the time, Kanye West should be happy that "Jesus Walks" got airplay 'cause most rappers that make conscious rap don't get airplay, (what about Talib Kweli, Common, The Roots, and KRS-ONE?) but I don't see them complaining about that either!

However, after hearing about him charging a church lots of money 2 do a show which ended up really crappy, THEN him whining about not winning an award...that's just pathetic.

Exactly. Kayne West is about Kayne West. He did overcome a lot of stuff to make it big but there's also a thing about humility which he is lacking in.