JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Looks pretty good from the trailer. I'm just hoping Will isn't dead 20 minutes into the film. The fact that Jaden's name is being billed first has me a bit worried.

Apparently Will is only in the film for 5-10 minutes...

i'll be pissed if thats true.

I hope this isnt a way of tricking people into seeing a Will Smith film just to show of Jadens talents.

To be honest, I think it's exactly that :lol:

Looks pretty good from the trailer. I'm just hoping Will isn't dead 20 minutes into the film. The fact that Jaden's name is being billed first has me a bit worried.

Apparently Will is only in the film for 5-10 minutes...

Well damn...

The poster is what really makes it obvious Will isn't the star here. He's one of the biggest actors in Hollywood and his son's name is first.

That and the fact that the majority of trailer focuses on Jaden.

Im gonna go and see it but im sure i'll be mad.

First we had to deal with no more music but at least we had movies, then he dissapears for years, comes back, does MIB3, then does 10 minutes in a film and hes stopped filming anything again. Give us something Will come on, we've been patient for years now.

I didn't watch the trailer until just now. I think it looks interesting and I'll see it in theaters. I rarely get more than moderately excited about the movies until right before they come out.

Another review: http://tesseractpawprint.com/2012/12/20/after-earth-review/

Recently, I had the opportunity to see an early screening of a movie called After Earth. The movie I saw was an early, rough director’s cut, so there were a few spots in the film where you could see the actors attached to wires or a few half-way finished CGI animated creatures. Once I was able to look past these quirks, I appreciated the strong message presented by the the film’s director, M. Night Shyamalan: how important it is to have a good father-son relationship.

After Earth is a science-fiction movie starring Will Smith and Jaden Smith. In the movie, Will and Jaden are portrayed father and son, as they do in real life. The movie focuses on the human race one thousand years after Earth is no longer habitable by human beings.

General Cypher (Will Smith) is a war hero in this new world (a planet known only by its numerical astronomical designation). The humans are locked in constant war with a race of terrible alien creatures called the Skrell. The Skrell are blind, but they can detect human beings by smelling their fear – literally. They hunt humans down, using the scent of pheromones each body gives off when experiencing fear. Ever the determined hunter, a Skrell will pursue a scent until it finds its prey and kills it. The first person to ever single-handedly kill a Skrell was Cypher. This feat elevated his social status and created the image of him as a war hero.

Kitai (Jaden Smith) is the son of General Cypher and is in training to become a soldier, but he has problems with not listening to commands. He acts on instinct rather than thinking things through. Kitai rarely sees his father, so when Cypher comes home and announces that, after his next mission, he will retire, Kitai is excited. But his father surprises him: Kitai accompany his father on this final mission.

Through a series of accidents and unforeseen circumstances, the ship Kitai and his father were on crashes on a dangerous planet. Kitai realizes that the air is unbreathable, discovers the Skrell that they were transporting on the ship escaped, and finds his father gravely injured.
Kitai walks miles and miles of unknown land on the strange planet, with only enough oxygen canisters for a few days. Kitai tries to avoid the Skrell that is hunting him day and night, while trying to prove to his father that he is a worthy son by saving both his life and that of his father.
To add to all Kitai’s trouble, he is on one of the worst planets in the universe. It is a place where everything (plants, animals, water, and the ground itself) fight against mankind. The planet is Earth.
“After Earth” comes out in theaters June 7, 2013, and once it is released, it fully finished with no wires or partially rendered CGI creatures, it will be received with excitement and praise as another Will Smith summer blockbuster.

At present, After Earth is rated PG-13, for animal violence and some frightening scenes. That rating will likely remain. As an adventure and as a relationship movie, it will be a good one to see with friends or with family.

Four paw prints out of 5.