fan 4ever

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say that he's a bad rapper...

I'll say it, he's a bad rapper.

listen to minority report and then say that

You must be kidding. I did as you said and gave it a listen, and I say again, he's a bad rapper. His flow on that song is horrible, I hope that the leaked version of that song isn't what ends up on the final album.

• Admin

Jay-Z is a highly skilled rapper..his flow..multi syllables..the way he constructs his rhymes..his bars are pretty awesome.. whether what he is saying is any good or he has decent beats that you can debate.. but he does have skills..which is more than you can say for many of the rappers at the top of the charts these days.

Jay-Z is a highly skilled rapper..his flow..multi syllables..the way he constructs his rhymes..his bars are pretty awesome.. whether what he is saying is any good or he has decent beats that you can debate.. but he does have skills..which is more than you can say for many of the rappers at the top of the charts these days.

That's true but I don't like how a lot of people talk about him like he's the only rapper that exists, of course it's better than talking about a lot of other radio rappers but there are a lot of other great rappers that deserved to be recognised is what I'm saying that're more consistant than him, after Jay-Z' 1st album mostly everything else he's done has been average at best on the most part, I'll never be calling him the best rapper alive

I just listened to Kingdom Come and I gotta say that it's a good album. Nothing will match Reasonable Doubt because that's a classic album but Kingdom Come has some really nice tracks on there. The two tracks that are straight garbage are the two songs he did with Usher & Beyonce. My Grade is: B

By the way, here's the link DevilsJim:

Jay-Z - Kingdom Come

You must be kidding. I did as you said and gave it a listen, and I say again, he's a bad rapper. His flow on that song is horrible, I hope that the leaked version of that song isn't what ends up on the final album.

in my opinion, he is honestly one of the best, one of the top three of all time...

his flow is sick, and his use of metaphors is uncomparable

Edited by Bob

thanks alot TopDawg!

I gotta give the album more of a listen but right now Jay-Z is one of my favorite rappers. I dont know why I didnt really pay much attention to him years ago. I loved "Dirt off" and "99 problems" when they came out. I have his whole Discog on my comp now and I'm really lovin the Jigga. Hes one of the best out there period.

Everyone knows Jay-Z isn't one of my favs. But i heard 2 new songs on a Hip-Hop mix playing on the radio late this evening. I actually thought 2 of the songs weren't 2 bad....however, the songs just seemed common....borning decade old lyrics and C level production. They were better than most of his other singles released since 98ish.

• Admin

Since we are all talking abt jay-z doesnt any1 here have the foxy brown i'll be remix that samples blondies rapture? ive been searchin 4 it for abt 7 or 8 years with no luck.. in australia they played it as a remix video.. jay-z sounded really good over this beat..but the original isnt that good..i need that remix :pony:

:iagree: But the new album really dosen't showcase all the above mentioned that well...except for a couple of tracks. I've always been a Jay fan but I just wasn't feeling this one so no hate on his skill...

(notice how I completely kept off the Def Jam situation)

in my opinion, he is honestly one of the best, one of the top three of all time...

Top 3 of all time? That's a disgrace to hip-hop to put him up so high, off the top of my dome I know all these would destroy Jay-Z, I don't even know if he'd crack my top 50:

KRS

LL

Chuck D

Fresh Prince

Rakim

Big Daddy Kane

Slick Rick

Ice Cube

Kool Moe Dee

Treach

Nas(already ethered him btw)

Kool G Rap