JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

So how long till Will's next album?

Hero1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediciton is 2008, but I am hoping for sooner, every 3 years just doesn't cut it, it would be nice to see regular releases, but movies and music is a lot to handle, one usually suffers...

I reckon he could make albums more often if record labels/Will himself didn't always do all this mad promotion stuff to get the kids and stuff involved. With the attititude will portreyed on L&F it seems like it wouldn't be a problem if he went underground... jus released music to people that actually cared about it instead of promoting to get new fans all the time, which takes timing...

The 3 year period between his albums wouldn't be so long if he did guest appearances on other artists' albums or maybe songs for his soundtracks in between but the thing that hurts him is that he don't release music at all between albums to keep fans interested, like if he don't even rap a verse for 3 years before another album there really won't be that many anticipating his next album but if he drops a hot verse on Jazzy's album he'll be keepin' his name out there as an mc, it's important for him to do that... btw yeah that point Jonny made is right on of how he'd release more often if he were underground, a lot of those artists release albums every year 'cause they don't spend all this time promoting one single, they just put out music for the true fans but I don't really consider Will an underground artist in being a household name in Hollywood, I'd like to see him release an album that wins a Grammy Award right around the same time he wins an Oscar, there's not an excuse to why it can't be done if he worked hard enough for it, I want to see him get the credit he deserves at this stage in his career...

Edited by bigted

The 3 year period between his albums wouldn't be so long if he did guest appearances on other artists' albums or maybe songs for his soundtracks in between but the thing that hurts him is that he don't release music at all between albums to keep fans interested, like if he don't even rap a verse for 3 years before another album there really won't be that many anticipating his next album but if he drops a hot verse on Jazzy's album he'll be keepin' his name out there as an mc, it's important for him to do that...

He could do with a myspace... just for music... some new material at least every month, like most other music artists on there...

Yeah a lot of people visit myspace, Will should get a page up there running, it'd do a lot of good for him, and of course there are some mainstream artists who release albums every year and have success so I don't see why Will can't, he's already sold over 30 million albums in his career as it is, no need to go underground...

Edited by bigted

Yeah a lot of people visit myspace, Will should get a page up there running, it'd do a lot of good for him, and of course there are some mainstream artists who release albums every year and have success so I don't see why Will can't, he's already sold over 30 million albums in his career as it is, no need to go underground...

It would be a fantastic idea for Will to get a "real" myspace page and it would definitly help keep fans interested. However though, I wouldn't care if Will went underground, there's some mainstream artists who drop mixtapes for the underground circuits. It wouldn't hurt Will at all. I'm going to take back what I said though and go on to say that FP will drop something this year hopefully. Its 20 years, JJ+FP are smart enough to release something to mark it. Who knows, time will only tell.

Just this whole 3 years between albums is poor. Thats what hurts Will the most. Consistency is a key not only in rhyming but in dropping albums and keeping fans interested.

I find it very suspicious that Tim precisely said November 2007, either he knows something we dont, or you jus thought about it long and hard :lolsign:

I'm gonna say 2008 anyway, just because he's pretty packed in filming for a while, 6 months for I Am Legend will take him a few months into 2007, plus promoting POH and I Am Legend, when the time comes. Unless he finds a way to record after filming wraps, and releases it around November :lol:

Yeah consistancy is the key, it doesn't matter how Will decides to release something as long as he does something music related in between album releases, it's like I think fans would be more interested if he just did something in between: a song on another artists' album/ a freestyle on a mixtape/ make an appearance at some of Jazzy's shows, he gotta do somethin'... I mean hearing all this news about him working on this movie and that movie and hearing nothing music related from him over these last few months feels dissapointing, the last thing music related he's done was the holiday concert and that was about 8 months ago, he needs to do more than that, come on now...

Edited by bigted

Yeah, Will has to stay on the music scene, even if its little things, he really should do more live stuff and be something more of a "real musician". I mean let's say he's filming a movie in NYC, there are a bunch of clubs he can do a gig or two in right after shooting is done, hell he could still probably pack the garden, or he would definitely sell out the Hammerstein Ballroom (the place where WWF Raw used to be done live, back in the day). Or if he films in LA do a show or two over there. A myspace would also help as well.

But since it has been 20 years Will should at the very least release a b-side collection (something like "everything in time" by No Doubt) or unreleased tracks.