21-eatest Show On Earth" featuring Macy Gray

22-u're Beautiful (Interlude)"

23-"When I Look In Your Eyes"

24-"Dyin' To Live"

25-"A Bad Note"

OutKast Finally Settles On 'Idlewild' Track List

August 04, 2006, 4:30 PM ET

Clover Hope, N.Y.

With just a few weeks left to spare, OutKast has finalized the track list for the long-awaited soundtrack to its film, "Idlewild." The album arrives Aug. 22 via LaFace/Zomba, while the film hits theaters three days later. The set features guest appearances from Lil Wayne, Snoop Dogg, Sleepy Brown and Macy Gray, among others.

The first single is "Mighty O," which was produced by Organized Noize and features Andre 3000 and Big Boi on the same track for the first time since 2000. The latter takes top billing on second single "Morris Brown" featuring Scar and Sleepy Brown.

In "Idlewild," which has been postponed numerous times, Andre 3000 plays Percival, a club piano player, while Big Boi plays the club's lead performer and manager, Rooster. The film is set in the 1930s.

"This is probably the first musical that didn't have the music done before it was shot," Andre 3000 recently told Billboard. "That has been the biggest lesson I've learned in this whole thing. Next time, we'll do the music first."

I'm glad this is out, although isn't this just filler for another album thats gonna come out from them in the next year or so? Still Outkast are a big group so it'll be good to get some decent Hip-Hop back into the commercial scene

I really wanna see the movie. I probably won't want the soundtrack that badly until after seeing the movie tho.' After reading that OutKast article that i posted awhile ago, it's hard 4 me 2 take them as seriously as i used 2. They've just changed so much over the years...and since it sounds like they are barely 2gether, it just takes alot of chemistry out of their projects. I mean, they aren't even 2gether on most of the album, the movie, or even on the soundtrack cover.

25 new outkast tracks, and some of you guys have nothing better to do than wine about one guestpot,lol

Anyway, I cant wait to check it out.

@ AJ:

Your kinda right. I wonder how long its gonna be like this. Big Boi allready is doing allot of stuff next to Outkast. I think it wont take that lonf anymore.

Edited by Turntable

• 3 weeks later...

Did anybody get this album yet? I honestly forgot that this was coming out today since I've been doing a lot of work lately, I think I'll pick it up tomorrow and drop the feedback...

Okay, I've listened through this album once now. It's still Outkast and it's quality. I'll just do a quick rundown without going through all 25 tracks one-by-one.

The intro is a reference to Outkast acting in movies. It goes to Mighty O, which is a dope track. Idlewild Blues and Morris Brown (the current singles out now) are early into the album. I really like these singles and their videos.

There's five interludes. The only one that I could really do without is Big Boi's kids rappin. It wasn't so bad in Speakerboxxx... for some reason. I'm not trying to criticize the way a 7 year old (or so?) raps, I'm just saying that this is the kind of track that will get to know the Skip Track button really well.

About halfway through the album is Hollywood Divorce. This is the song with Lil' Wayne. Let me start by saying that I hate Lil' Wayne... That said, I think he must have gotten some help because his flow wasn't the garbled mess I'm used to hearing from him. At first I had only heard Dre on the track and had the surprising thought that Dre brought him in on the album. Then Big Boi came into the song and put that to rest in my mind. I'm sure he brought him in.

Speaking of Dre though, many of his songs are shorter than Big Boi's. Under three minutes short. They are good, but short. There's more songs with them together than The Love Below/Speakerboxxx, but I'd still like them to make an album completely collaborated like it used to be.

The movie isn't out, so I don't know exactly how much of the album is in the film and vice versa. "You're Beautiful," the last interlude, is clearly from the movie though. "PJ and Rooster" is as well, it's a song they've used in the movie trailers. Dre's solo songs fit in with the Idlewild movie theme more than Big Boi's, I like both styles though. It's also nice to hear Dre rapping more after the Love Below.

Like I said when I first saw the track listing, I love that the album ends on "A Bad Note." This song goes on for over 6 minutes (with a guitar riff) before you hear anyone speak. The album ends with Dre singing in the theme of the movie. I have a feeling the movie will use this somehow, in a shorter form as the song is almost 9 minutes long.

Overall! I really like this album. I thought that Speakerboxxx and The Love Below were both good albums but I wanted more of the Outkast that raps together. This album has more songs together, but manages to stand out with its solo songs as well. This will definitely get a lot of spins from me.

God Blessa!