JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Outkast "IdlewildSoundtrack" August 22nd Release

bigted

I'm listening to it right, halfway through so far and so far I like what I'm hearing, I'm feelin' it better than the last album already, great stuff, be back in a lil' while :kool:

I got it from Wal-Mart w/ the bonus 70 minute DVD with interviews, performances, and 4 music videos. I might keep it in wrapping until after i see the movie incase i don't like the album. I rarely listened 2 their last album.

Yeah I was watching 106 & Park tonight with Outkast on there and they mentioned about how there's a BET exclusive with DVD at Walmart and I was dissapointed about that 'cause I didn't buy it at Walmart? 70 minutes with interviews, performances, and videos?!! Damn... :shrug:

Okey, im a listen and write at the same time:

First listen impressions:

1. Intro

2. Mighty O

Ive heard this one before but only in bad quality. And this is a good track, not as catchy as many other Outkast singles but its good. It feels like a 2006 Players Ball kinda. Both Andre and BB sounds kind of different though.

3. Peaches

Nice track, sort of feel good-sound.

4. Idlewild Blue

World class production, Andre goes way strange but still good.

5. Interlude

6. N2U

Sure is original, especially the last verse before the "uooh" and the singing. Too much singing in the end.

7. Morris Borwn

Heard it before. Its kind of annoying at times with a lot of noise everywhere. But gets better and better. A really good track.

8. Chronomähä

Really strange track, really really strange. But I thinks its.. nice.. and cute.. that Andre does this kind of strange things sometimes. The rap verse is nice.

9. The Train

Big Boi aint in the same division as Andre when it comes to versatility, but he flows damn nice. The singing is not good.

10. Life is like a musical

Decent track, nice sound but quite boring.

11. Interlude

12. Hollywood Divorce

Wack rapper #3 destroys a good song. Andre does a pretty bad verse, and Big Boi is not at his top either. The singing is really nice. Snoops verse is okey but that dude hasnt done anything new for ten years.

13. Interlude. I hate interludes.

14. Call the Law

Yeaaahahhah this sways, good featuring by that girl. Big Boi does a decent perfomance. The production is top class.

15. Interlude. I hate interludes. Still.

16. Buggface

Decent, no more no less.

17. Makes No Sense At All

What the hell is this? Its strange. I like it, its party music. My kind of party. Not my kind of music perhaps though.

18. In Your Dreams

Nice producing, kinda, interesting sound. I dont like Killer Milk.. Killer Mike? I dont even remember his name. Big Boi was good, but not the best track.

19. PJ & Rooster

Really swaying track. Both Andre and Big Boi does really good verses. One of the best tracks perhaps.

20. Mutron Angel

Has a lot of potential but in the end it doesnt sound that well.

21. Greatest show on earth

See 20.

22. Interlude

23. When I Look In Your Eyes

Nice track, fantastic feeling all over it. Not the lyrics of death exactly but yeah, I like it.

24. Dyin to Live

A nice kind of bad feeling-track, but I'd like some rap please.. though it would perhaps not be appropiate in this song.

25. A Bad Note

A really nice track actually, not so much vocals but still good. Atmosphere track.

Edited by Lerkot

Yeah I was watching 106 & Park tonight with Outkast on there and they mentioned about how there's a BET exclusive with DVD at Walmart and I was dissapointed about that 'cause I didn't buy it at Walmart? 70 minutes with interviews, performances, and videos?!! Damn... :shrug:

When i watch the DVD, i'll post my review of that. But if it's as HALF as good as the LL Cool J one, it'll be worth getting it for the price of the combo alone. Since i hate cussing, i usually get edited CDs anyway so it doesn't bug me. And most artists that i like that have the explict lyric stickers don't cuss often enough that the edits stand out.

Lil' Wayne destroys the best song on the album.

I don't think he did that great either, but this is what you just said before about the track:

"Wack rapper #3 destroys a good song. Andre does a pretty bad verse, and Big Boi is not at his top either. The singing is really nice. Snoops verse is okey but that dude hasnt done anything new for ten years."

That doesn't sound like you thought it was the best. Did it grow on you?

God Blessa!

The first half of the album seems much stronger than the 2nd half, I think this album would've been better if it was cut down to about 15-20 tracks, the interludes I find a lil' annoying myself, after hearing the last half of the album I really don't know if it's that much better than "Speakerboxx/Love Below", this seems like an album that might have to grow on me, I only listened to a couple times after I got it last week, Boi and Andre

really gotta do more tracks together as well,the movie was very good though and I'll probably get that on DVD....

9. The Train

Big Boi aint in the same division as Andre when it comes to versatility

No, no, thats not true. It just seems that Andre can do more than Bog Boi, but thats not true. Some may think so, but Andre cant sing or anything like that. Big Boi could do that too. Everyone can sound like that. Andree is a good Rapper, and so is Big Boi. But please dont search further. Thats why ever since that last 2 Albums I mostly hugely prefere Big Bois parts. Those dont give me a headache.

Edited by Turntable

I gotta go with Turntable on this one, I find a lot of Andre 3000's solo stuff annoying, it's one thing to try something different but he takes it too far, he's much better at rapping than he is at singing, he needs to make more rhyme flows....