JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Interscope Records...

TopDawg14

I have to vent for a second!!!! :arg:

I'm checking out my music blogs and come to find out that Robin Thicke's sophomore album, The Evolution Of Robin Thicke, has been pushed back... yet again. It was supposed to released earlier this spring but was pushed back to August 1st. Now it has been pushed back to September 12th.

I am so sick of these record companies pushing records back and shelving good music. I have an advanced, yet not the best in quality copy of TEORT and I must say that it's really the best album I've heard this year other than Lupe's Food & Liquor(which keeps getting pushed back as well).

If it isn't giving promotion to quality albums(Lost & Found) then they're shelving albums and I'm really getting sick of this. JUST RELEASE THE DAMN ALBUMS AND LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE IF IT'S GOOD OR NOT!!! STOP ROBBING THE PEOPLE OF GOOD MUSIC WHILE RUSHING TO RELEASE CRAP LIKE wack rapper #1!!!!! :tantrum: :bangcomp: :mad: :mad: :protest: :arg: :soapbox:

O.K. I'm off my soap box now.

Edited by TopDawg14

All major labels suck so that's why the music industry is in a funk right now..

How do u know it's not Robin's choice? Another thing, by bumping an album back (by at least a year), Usher and Monica got hit albums that wern't gonna turn out that way with out the bump back. So it's not ALWAYS a bad thing...but i can share in your frustration. I wanna hear that album 2. I picked up the single. The main song itself wazn't my fav, but i loved the b-side.

Lupe I think choose to push his album back, but it might be on both sides because he was complaining how people were getting unfinished versions on the album and such.

How much would Robin Thicke have to sell for you to consider him a successful artist, no matter the circumstances of promotion? Will Smith basically got the same promotion as 2nd class major label artist, and manage to sell about 4-5 times what they do. I guess it's name association.

Lupe had no choice to push his album back 'cause his album was leaked 2 months before release date which is rare, it's normal for it to leak like a week or two before but not 2 months so basically with thousands downloading the album 2 months before scheduled release means they gotta start from scratch, when the album comes out it's gonna be a whole new version, btw he's on Atlantic Records not Interscope

NowRobin Thicke's getting pushed back 'cause he's not getting much buzz, he don't have a single in major rotation right now so they ain't gonna release the album till he does, they've even been pushing Lloyd Banks back 'cause his new single with wack rapper #1 ain't doing anything right now, even wack rapper #2's right hand man Obie Trice's getting pushed back since his singles ain't doing what they expected, so if they're gonna push somebody back from supposedlythe most popular groupsin the rap game they won't have problems pushing back an unproven artist like Robin Thicke, you gotta remember that these people at record companies work on releasing whatever'll give them the most profit, it's not about quality music, if fans requested good music to get played record labels'd release it faster, blame them, the record companies are just doing their job and responding to what people like...

Edited by bigted

I also hate record companies a lot. They screwed Alien Ant Farm (Dreamworks) and AAF actually released their 3rd album on the internet called 3rd dreaft, but thankfully, it was released as "up in the attic".

But a record being delayed is annoying, but Halo 2 was delayed for one year and that game is freaking amazing (I know that's a videogame, but still) Although, the record may have been delayed because the artist didn't like how it was mixed and such. I know that's the deal with Smash Mouth right now, they did release the single, but the CD isn't done because the band didn't like how certain volume levels were on the version they got, so its not 100% yet.

But my major complaint about record companies is that they will drop an artist if they don't go platinium. Do you know how many independent artists would kill to sell a million records? With expectations like that, I'd rather be an independent artist my whole life. It makes you humble.

Yo if I got a whole poor fammily to take care of I`d sell out too.

then get an education and do something with your life and get a good career. i think thats part of the problem, cats think they're gonna make money by releasing records. BigTed posted an article a while ago from ahh.com about how little artists make since they get the cut of the money last. the only people that are making money from rapping are the artists on the radio, going platinum, on BET, with commercials and concerts to do. the real artists do it for the love of the game and know they arent gonna make big money off it but they also arent gonna let the record companies play with them like puppets.

Record labels ain't gonna change their ways 'cause not many people check for the artists that're true at the present time, people only buy into the trends so that's what gets promoted by the labels, it's supply and demand, and really a lot of these artists on TV ain't as rich as they say they are either, the people who work at the record label as executives make more than the artists do,you can't believe the hype... I understand what you might mean Turntable, some people talk about being true to themselves but then they'll turn around and act like they'll sell their family for a million dollars the next minute, they'll sell their souls but that's not smart 'cause once the money runs out they have nothing when they sold their integrity, there's other ways to make money instead of selling out for a quick buck, if people applied themselves hard enough they'll get what they want gradually anyway so why rush and do something stupid?!

Edited by bigted

Record labels ain't gonna change their ways 'cause not many people check for the artists that're true at the present time, people only buy into the trends so that's what gets promoted by the labels, it's supply and demand

And this is the crux of the problem with the music industry. The industry knows that to keep the power you have to control the young people. You do that by dumbing down the music and poof... the public at large continues to want dumbed down music. Take a look at who's in heavy rotation in R&B and rap. It's nothing but a bunch of wack rappers and Beyonce wannabes. It's sickening to me how much music has fallen... within the last 20 years. That's why I was so angry about Robin Thicke's album being pushed back again. There's some good music out there but for whatever reason it's being pushed back, poorly marketed or shelved completely.

The music industry has turned into prostitution, the labels are pimping the artists who shake their ass in videos and most of them don't last long... Think about how many artists who were platinum plus 5, 10, 15 years ago are still platinum now? A lot of these artists end up having to find other jobs for the rest of their lives, that's why some go into depression and you hear them becoming drug addicts and alcoholics 'cause they can't handle the pressure anymore, not many artists are strong enough to handle it but really they gotta realise whilethey're there they should try to have some integrity so that way people'll remember them for something inspiring when their career's over...

There's no integrity, just money greedy bastards, it's more of a dirty buisiness than it is about music, I wrote about this in one of my songs: "Music should be about the artform/But these fools only worry about burning up charts more"... Now the way that the music industry could change though is if there's somebody to show these kids that there's more music out there than what's played on the radio and that those artists on TV ain't as rich as they look so don't think you could drop out of school and get a record deal and live a comfortable life, not everybody in the world could be playingfor the Lakers orhave platinum records but that don't mean you can't survive, there's more to chase than a pipedream...

Edited by bigted

everything said in this thread is true, but why bother critizin sumthin we already know. We know the problem, only a few how to solve it, well hands to work, and stop gettin angry.