JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Power of a Producer 2

Jin

30 members have voted

1. 1. which hip hop producer should produce an entire Will Smith album except Jazzy Jeff?

• DJ Premier
    • Pete Rock
    • Dr. Dre
    • RZA
    • Kanye West
    • The Neptunes
    • Timbaland
    • Scott Storch

I had 2 go with Pete Rock. From their work 2gether on Code Red, they just sounded perfect 2gether. It's important 2 go 4 a producer that would have chemistry with him. Just having a hot beat means nothing. That's why alot of music is missing something these days.

DJ Premier - I'd love 2 hear a track from the 2 of them. Premier isn't exactly the 1st one i think of tho' when it comes 2 chemistry.

Pete Rock - The best combination. They both have old school credibility, a positive vibe, and talent.

Dr. Dre - Well, there is good Dre and bad Dre. I'd like 2 hear a song or 2 with the good Dre production.

RZA - No desire 2 hear anything with RZA.

Kanye West - If he gave him something simple and soulful...sure. He does some good stuff and some average stuff.

The Neptunes - I'd definitly like 2 hear something with FP and The Neptunes.

Timbaland - I've been dying 2 hear something with FP + Timbaland since the late 90's. They are both funny and postive guys. Timbaland brings alot of energy and creativity 2 what he creates.

Scott Storch - Out of his list, he's the current "hot" producer. "Hot" doesn't always mean good...but most of his stuff is good.

When it comes 2 full albums, i'd only seriously consider Pete Rock, then Timbaland, then DJ Premier.

[edited to delete double post by Wes]

Edited by WesSyde

• Members

This may seem like a long shot but i wouldnt mind if Will got to together with Mike Shinoda to work on a few tracks. Mike showed everyone what he's capable of has a producer on his Fort Minor album and he did a realy good job with that and Will and Mike seem to agree on alot of things when it comes to Hip hop the track 'Cigarettes' from the Fort Minor album (The Rising Tied) has a simular lyrical content as the track 'Lost and found' and Mike would be strictly in it for the music and Mike is a true Emcee/Producer and he has alot of love and passion for the Hip hop game.

I had 2 go with Pete Rock. From their work 2gether on Code Red, they just sounded perfect 2gether. It's important 2 go 4 a producer that would have chemistry with him. Just having a hot beat means nothing. That's why alot of music is missing something these days.

DJ Premier - I'd love 2 hear a track from the 2 of them. Premier isn't exactly the 1st one i think of tho' when it comes 2 chemistry.

Pete Rock - The best combination. They both have old school credibility, a positive vibe, and talent.

Dr. Dre - Well, there is good Dre and bad Dre. I'd like 2 hear a song or 2 with the good Dre production.

RZA - No desire 2 hear anything with RZA.

Kanye West - If he gave him something simple and soulful...sure. He does some good stuff and some average stuff.

The Neptunes - I'd definitly like 2 hear something with FP and The Neptunes.

Timbaland - I've been dying 2 hear something with FP + Timbaland since the late 90's. They are both funny and postive guys. Timbaland brings alot of energy and creativity 2 what he creates.

Scott Storch - Out of his list, he's the current "hot" producer. "Hot" doesn't always mean good...but most of his stuff is good.

When it comes 2 full albums, i'd only seriously consider Pete Rock, then Timbaland, then DJ Premier.

yea agree wit mos of the stuff :1-say-yes: