JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Get Rich or Die Tryin'

BamF

I know I might get some negative response to this because I know some of you aren't too fond of 50 Cent, but you have to admit that Get Rich or Die Tryin' was a good movie.The sound track wasn't that bad either.I listen to Window Shopper all the time.

I know I might get some negative response to this because I know some of you aren't too fond of 50 Cent, but you have to admit that Get Rich or Die Tryin' was a good movie.The sound track wasn't that bad either.I listen to Window Shopper all the time.

Are you kidding? That movie was really really wack, it tortured my eyes. And my ears, how were you supposed to hear what the guy say?

The Soundtrack wasnt that bad of a G-Unit release. Its better than The Massacre, by far. Window Shopper is redicoulus tho. Why cant he just accept that all of his enemey ripped him?

I didnt saw the movie, and I also aint planing to. Yeah I know.. I`m so ignorant..

Edited by Turntable

Somethings aren't even worth giving a chance...and anything with the G-Unit name on it is one of those things. When it comes 2 G-Unit, u can expect ignorance and stupidity wrapped up in one untalented package.

I heard the soundtrack had some good songs but it wasn't nothing groundbreaking by any means and the movie I didn't bother seeing either, I could care less about G-Unot...

I didn't see it, but I heard that the movie was horrible... a lot of sources at that...

the movie was widely regarded as not only a failure at the box office, but a horrible horrible movie. Even if it DOES have my man Mr. Eko in it.

I've maintained all along that the only reason 50 cent got that movie was because A. Eminem came out with 8 mile and did good in it, and the movie did good and B. Hollywood has an obsession with taking people from the music industry that have not proven themselves and given them a vehicle to star in.

Why is this? Well, it's because they look at a rapper or singer who sells a few million records (or in 50's case a LOT of millions of records) and decide that that is a lot of people that will go see a movie JUST because they are in it.

Britney Spears in Crossroads, Usher in In The Mix, are just two other examples.

Will Smith can't be considered in that category because he proved himself with not only his TV show but also he started out with supporting roles like Six Degrees of Separation. Same with Queen Latifah (Living Single), and Jamie Foxx (In Living Color). Well...Foxx was a comedian before singer...at least record deal wise.

IT's the same with record companies signing basketball players to rap or whatever, just based on their marketability and name value. Shaq isn't THAT bad, but he doesn't deserve a record deal.

Wayman Tisdale is a beast on the bass guitar though. He earned his deal because his agent took his demo to Motown Jazz without telling them who it was. Tisdale didn't want a deal JUST because he was in the NBA. They loved the demo and after agreeing to sign the guy, the agent told them who he was.

Now Tisdale's about to drop his seventh album of smooth jazz.