JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Just passed my driving test!

And us people in the UK don't have lessons at school to take for free, which the US people are so lucky 4. It costs like 28 Pound an hour roughly it does vairey, and the test is as Definition said about 45...sucks dont it

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And us people in the UK don't have lessons at school to take for free, which the US people are so lucky 4. It costs like 28 Pound an hour roughly it does vairey, and the test is as Definition said about 45...sucks dont it

Driving lessons in schools here aren't free... there's a $90 fee at my school, but it can cost around $200 if you go to a private driving school.

you guys have too many misconceptions about US driving

1) it DOES cost money

2) i dont know about our test being a joke, theres a lot of rules to follow in US driving

What does it cost to take a license in USA?

well there's different requirements to take your liscense test in the USA. first you have to take classroom lessons about the rules of driving. that costed me $100. then you have to take driving lessons with an instructor, and i think that costed somethin like $250. and then to go to the DMV (department of motor vehicles, the place where they issue liscenses) it costs like $15 or so to take the test. so overall it costed me about $365.

now keep in mind that price is for minors (people under 18). people who are over 18 dont need to take the classes or the lessons, which makes the price a lot less!

wait..Driving LESSONS, as in Behind the Wheel, foot on the gas, cost around 2-300 Bucks. But Drivers ed, the class that teaches you the basic out ouf a book, is free at public high schools. You can pay to take the calls seperately, some place else, but schools offer it for free.

The thing is, if you're under 17 and a half here, you have to had paid for Drivers training (The one that costs 200 bucks) before you can even register to get ya permit.

I wouldn't call the test "EASY"...But you won't fail it unless you're a nervous wreck who forgets to look over his shoulder and keep both hands on the wheel..haha.

Wes, almost nobody in the uk will pass their priving test without spending a lot more than you did, I spent well over £500 in total I reckon, and of course that's pounds not $... from what I've heard about the US driving test it is sooooo much easier than ours, I dunno about rules and laws though cos that goes straight out the window after you pass haha...

Yes the standards are less in the US, I heard.

Here it takes everybody about 45 hours of lessons to pass the test. It's about £810 for 50 hours. That isn't even including the theory test price of £20, or the final test costing £50. That's about £880 total (assuming you pass first time). In US dollars, we're talking $1500.

Then on top of that, insurance here for somebody newly passed starts at £1000 ($1740), it's usually at least 50% more than that quoted price, and then fuel costs - in the Scottish Highlands at the moment fuel costs about £0.90 per litre ($1.60), higher than prices elsewhere in the UK (even though we have the oil fields!!).

Cost of the car aside, lets assume you get lessons, pass your test, get insurance, and fill up your tank (lets assume it's 80litre tank). We pay at least £1972 ($3500).

And you people think you have problems.

Rant over.

Do guys have roundabouts in the us?

yeah, sort of. most of them are in parking lots and stuff and they arent at all common where i live. i dont get them either, they are all funky.

im sorry it costs so much to drive in the UK lol. it also appears the gas prices are about 2.5 times higher than the US too. i would still say that US driving might have more rules to follow, but i wouldnt know for sure cuz i havent driven in the UK.

Do guys have roundabouts in the us?

yeah, sort of. most of them are in parking lots and stuff and they arent at all common where i live. i dont get them either, they are all funky.

im sorry it costs so much to drive in the UK lol. it also appears the gas prices are about 2.5 times higher than the US too. i would still say that US driving might have more rules to follow, but i wouldnt know for sure cuz i havent driven in the UK.

One of the main reasons it costs so much is because the government makes it as hard as possible for people to drive, they want less people driving and more using public transport, it pretty much sucks but I see where they're coming from...