JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

teacher says n-word

Mike

I saw the video with my kids, and we all cracked up. We really dont think the teacher meant any harm when he said it,...and it was blown way out of context... He prolly should not have used it,..but I dont see where he was using it in a racial way against the student...

My family is mixed up with some of everything, and my son and daughter (Jr. High and High SchooL) hears it from students of all colours) and they don't trip on it...tho i understand the student's point,...it wasn't very professional of the teacher, but with these kids nowadays... its real tough to be a teacher. i dunno....

imma leave this one alone,..but for the record, I think the teacher was tryna 'fit in' or just seem cool with the student,... but whoo. that joka was off da chain! :lolsign:

peace,

cookie

I think it was just a very bad misjudgement. If the kid had said it just before him, it just seems like he is trying to fit in. He might be one of those teachers that does it with other words, maybe just slipped his mind how controversial that one would be. I think if black kids are allowed to use it as throwaway slang for friend, then white people should be able to as well.

I think it was just a very bad misjudgement. If the kid had said it just before him, it just seems like he is trying to fit in. He might be one of those teachers that does it with other words, maybe just slipped his mind how controversial that one would be. I think if black kids are allowed to use it as throwaway slang for friend, then white people should be able to as well.

Thas a really touchy subject. I dont allow my kids to use racial slurs Period! Its a difference when ppl use it as throwaway slang among "friends", versus someone saying it in to degrade someone. Being mixed, I've been called "white cr***er and N***er, and got in fights each tyme. Its not a good feeling and I dont want my kids subject to racial slurs, but being proud of who they are.

I just hope the teacher learned a huge lesson, and refrain from using it in the future. I don't know if he meant it in a bad way or not, or even if he was making a mockery out of it... but this is and will always be sensitive to people of colour coming from an outside race. I dont know why its like that, but its just a known fact... then again, i could be wrong... I know I personally find racial slurs offensive when I know the person's intent behind it ...

but im steppin out of this topic...

peace,

cookie

I disagree with you, if white people say it, then it goes way back in the day you know what i'm saying.

you can make fun your friends or a family member, but if someone new just comes up and starts being like you, i dont think you would like it..am i wrong.....lets say some1 famous like eminem, he has

alot of black friends and he hears it all the time, but he dont use it because he knows the outcome of the

word..if he were to use it just to be funny or because it's the most popular slung, then y'all know what would happen right?

So, i think the teacher shouldn't have said it in the first place