JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

what if we released tell me why ourselves?

Hero1

I liked the "Mr. Niceguy" video. I have no idea how 2 put something like that 2gether. I didn't watch the whole thing cuz it waz taking 4ever 4 my slow computer 2 load. But here's my criticism. The song is really agressive...so when the pictures change slowly, like a slide show, it just dosen't fit. My main problem waz this...the second i saw the movie pix...all the credibilty went out the door. FP's movies might be dope...but they stunt his music credibilty. I'm thinkin' recent music pix and cool candids are more appropriate. If u are low on music pix...there's other pix u could incorporate in it, like microphones, pictures of the people he addresses when they are mentioned in the song.

I wish i could put something 2gether like this. Nice work.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, but that mr nice guy vid is garbage, come on guys its not that easy to push up sales again after almost a year. we should face the fact that its over for L&F. Will aint even promoting anymore, not even doing performances or talking about that album. are higher record sales all that you want? the most ppl you are trying to reach wont even understand what hes saying on that record. so just leave it alone, its a great album and we should concentrate ourselves more on the new compilation cd which is coming this year... yeah and we should definately support Kels new track instead of making up such ideas. thats my opinion, like it or not.

:word: To DefCem, I think Kel Spencer needs more help than Will does, Will shipped platinum but how much has Kel sold? He needs our help selling his mixtape more than anything, how much did Jazzy's "The Soul Mixtape" sell? Shouldn't we try to help them too? This is a JJFP site, not just a Will Smith site, we should put energy into helping them too as much as we do for Will!! Will's platinum already, he did quite well, he don't need that much help from us here now, we've done enough promotion over the last year already...

Edited by bigted

count me in. I think the only way we can do this is if every1 is 100% involved, not just posting at a couple of sites. If we push it hard to get this song out there we can make a difference, even if its just a small one, we did something.

I have a couple of ideas, we could do a tell me why podcast special as part of the promotion. We would have to plan it well as to what we could talk about for one song, but im sure if its planned well and enough people are involved we can reach a few thousand with that.

Second idea is only a possibility. If any1 has the tell me why acapella, if it even excists, im gonna attempt to write an accoustic version of the song. I know a classical guitar could work really well with the accapella. Thats if i can get audio and pull it off with my writing skills.

Bigted, I think we should put our 100% first on Will, then Jeff n Kel...the three at the same time will be tough, let's make a list of the artist we will promote...we ain't a label to promote to high levels yet, so i recommend we should do this in order

Edited by Luigie

We've been putting our energy in helping out Will for the last year, I think we've done more than Interscope in promoting "Lost and Found", let's be real "Tell Me Why" ain't gonna blow up unless Will performs it at a show on MTV or it gets spins on the radio!!!

Well, when Tell me Why starts to get spinned in the radios...I think Will gonna be more motivated...let's just focus in the radios. Then Kel Spencer n Jeff! to the top!

Edited by Luigie

:word: That's I'm saying, the best thing we could do for Will is email the radio stations for them to play "Tell Me Why", email Overbrook as well and tell them that we're still interested in having "Tell Me Why" coming out, we gotta let them know we're still interested in this as fans, Will might think we gave up on it but if he sees thousands of people email Overbrook he'll get hungry to do it, get as many people to do it as possible, all the real hip-hop fans could start this movement...

Edited by bigted

I dunno, I thought it was posted on Will's site, but they just have the webmaster's email, any ideas Tim and AJ??!! :wiggle:

• Admin

Ted you are completely underestimating the Internet.. Jill Scott's album went double platinum because of 1 thing.. "word-of-mouth" she had no promotion at all..but some1 found a dope album they told there friend their friend told another and it spreads..thats what we gotta do.. let people hear tell me why! i dont care if it doesnt increase sales..but atleast people would have heard the track.. do you want to sit around and complain about interscope doin nothin.. or do you want to DO SOMETHIN ABOUT IT!!!

I say we start our attack on MONDAY! This whole Bow Wow diss is blowin up so i say we go to all the places people are discussin it..post "tell me why" and say can bow wow make a song like this? we gotta go to all the mary j blige sites and forums too.. if you know somewhere we can promote the song put a link in this post.. we also need somewhere to post the actual track i dont think i could handle the bandwidth at this stage..can any1 here step in and host the track?

Ted you are completely underestimating the Internet.. Jill Scott's album went double platinum because of 1 thing.. "word-of-mouth" she had no promotion at all..but some1 found a dope album they told there friend their friend told another and it spreads..thats what we gotta do.. let people hear tell me why! i dont care if it doesnt increase sales..but atleast people would have heard the track.. do you want to sit around and complain about interscope doin nothin.. or do you want to DO SOMETHIN ABOUT IT!!!

I say we start our attack on MONDAY! This whole Bow Wow diss is blowin up so i say we go to all the places people are discussin it..post "tell me why" and say can bow wow make a song like this? we gotta go to all the mary j blige sites and forums too.. if you know somewhere we can promote the song put a link in this post.. we also need somewhere to post the actual track i dont think i could handle the bandwidth at this stage..can any1 here step in and host the track?

Well radios overhere r saturated wit my e-mails! work done here, sir! :pony:

Well didn't we go on many sites over the last year talking about this album? I bet everyone you're trying to reach already heard the song, but if we could introduce a few people to good music it's all good though, leak the whole album if you want to, people need to hear it, bottomline...

Edited by bigted