JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MY THOUGHTS

Yeah, none of this is Will's fault! It's Interscope, it's MTV, it's people in general who don't give him the recognition he deserves. Hip hop has officially died, and we are the only ones trying to bring it back to life. It doesn't seem to be making much of an impact, but I'm not giving up. I'm going to continue promoting L&F because the world needs to hear that kind of music. I wonder how Will feels about all this...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly wished he performed more songs off of "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" and "Code Red", I think more people need to buy those albums too! :yeah: :lolsign:

• 1 year later...

I agree with max fly, too much switch, not enough time for anything else...

Yo VIsqo, it might not be a good idea to bring up 2 year old topics. This topic has been done for a long time.

I think it isn't Will's fault that Lost and Found "just" went gold...If Intersope promoted this one just like 50 cents or Eminem's album he probably would have gone plat or multiplat...People have to realize when we speak of Will Smith that you cannot compare him to othe positive MC's like Mos Def or Common saleswise, Dude sold 30 mill worldwide before even Lost and Found came out! Furthermore he should have battled Eminem and dropped some ether...Em took it too far with disrespecting him in 2001! He would have been in every hip hop fans top ten of the greatest rappers...The same thing worked for Nas with Stillmatic and for LL with GOAT!

is not Wills fault, its interscopes, radio and tv.

He did promise 8 months and he gave us 8 months. That includes the time it took to record the album not just promote it.

I think hes nearly finished filming puruit of happyness, hopefully in time to promote tell me why or even party starter if we are lucky. Every1 here is way too pessimistic and also setting the standard of sales too high.

I agree with Julie. Now it ain't WS fault that ppl are choosing this fake gangsta rap for real hiphop. Like I said PS isn't really getting a chance. Lets see what happens. Switch started of slow. Now when you think about it LnF did pretty good 4 itself. I only saw 2 commercials for LnF. Will has been promoiting it by himself and reach gold status. Now thats pretty good. I think that ppl here are setting the standard 2 high. Even if WS did stop doing movies. Will is also a father and a husband. Will has other things he wants 2 do. Like the 46664 Foundation and The Momentum Experience. This man did promote like he said. Now we can't lose hope so quickly. Vote like hell on MTV or BET, on the internet. Spread the word.

I agree, too!

Ok sometimes he says things that he doesn't really do or doesn't the exactly the way he said it but it's really not his fault!

But I also think that Will really could make much less movies and way more music!