JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Big Will screwed out of Hip Hop awards!

dkny2kx

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ridiculous, Will is just like LL, a little better in my opinion, maybe next year VH1 will figure it out and honor him.

VH1 gave a lot of props to JJFP last year on the documentary they did on hip-hop, I'm happy to see LL get honored, I think they should honor JJFP before they honor Biggie though!

I think VH1 got more street cred than BET does, they play Flava Flav's reality show, they put "Switch" in heavy rotation, they honored KRS-ONE, Sugar Hill Gang, and Public Enemy last year and they're honoring Big Daddy Kane and Salt-N-Pepa where BET bans them from even appearing on there, btw Jazzy Jeff is gonna be there I think, what's up with Will not being there? Maybe they're gonna have to wait for a year where he doesn't film to honor him, lol.

Edited by bigted

They should have that show a lil' more often than just once a year, I hope Slick Rick, Queen Latifah, and Naughty By Nature get honored too, they should honor "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" too when they honor JJFP!

I don't think you can take too seriously a show claiming to honor "old school" hip hop when one of its featured artist is B.I.G. He's late 90's at best. People don't fully grasp what Will has done for hip hop. Parents Just Dont Understand opened the rap audience to the masses. Jeff, on the other hand, has always gotten props from his collegues because he made people want to be deejays; no surprise to me that he's on the show and Will's not.