JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Big Will screwed out of Hip Hop awards!

dkny2kx

Well it's nice to see Jazzy Jeff get some shine in the mainstream and people'll get to see him on the wheels, Will always gets the shine on TV when Jazzy Jeff's in the background, I think it's wack that they honor Biggie on the same show with LL, Big Daddy Kane, Salt-N-Pepa, Ice-T, and Grandmaster Flash/Furious Five, I'm sorry but he's not in that class, he's the most overrated rapper ever, you replace him with JJFP and it would be perfect! It's hard to take anything that the media does seriously but I give VH1 more points to show the history of hip-hop than BET and emptv do!

Edited by bigted

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy 2 think that VH-1 would not want FP there. Either he did invite him and he wazn't interested or couldn't make it....or they have big plans 4 him in the future and want 2 keep in away until they can give him a huge tribute on a future episode.

I think that there should be a long tribute to JJFP considering how long their careers have been, it's just like LL, there should be a seperate cermony for him 'cause he's in a class all his own since he's the "G.O.A.T." of hip-hop, there's so many hit songs that could be performed and so many different things that they could talk about for him, I don't understand why Nelly and Ciara would do the tribute, considering of all the other dope artists he's worked with in his career, why'd they choose Nelly and Ciara, why couldn't Busta and Boyz II Men do it? I'll be mad if they have Diddy perform "Summertime" when they do it for JJFP! :damnlorettas:

Edited by bigted

I'd rather see Diddy do "Summertime" than Nick Cannon even though I think he sucks too, not many people respect Nick Cannon as an mc, he ain't in the same class as LL and JJFP to check a mic for them 'cause he's an unproven mc, maybe if we're talkin' about him doing a movie with them then that's cool, he got a lot of acting skills, but I wouldn't even want LL to perform it since nobody really deserves to perform "Summertime" except JJFP, I thought that was wack how they had Fat Joe perform "South Bronx" instead of KRS, they should've just had him introduce KRS to the stage, KRS is one of the greatest performers ever that's no diss to Fat Joe, he's dope too but he could never get to that level they might be close friends but that doesn't mean that Fat Joe's on the same level as KRS it's the same situation with FP and Nick Cannon, Nick's cool but he ain't FP, nobody should perform his songs but him, and I think it's even more wack that Nelly and Ciara are gonna perform "Doin' It" 'cause they got lil' talent. I think it'd be funny if Snoop did "Summertime" and JJFP did "Gin and Juice" if they get honored the same year.

EDIT: I'm watching this top 50 countdown on VH1 that they originally aired 2 years ago and it's like a mixed bag, half of the rappers they mention don't deserved to be mentioned, what were they thinkin' when they ranked Master P ahead of the Roots, Lil' Kim ahead of Big Daddy Kane, Nelly ahead JJFP, Eminem ahead of LL, and put Diddy in the top 10 with Kurtis Blow at only 40, MC Lyte at only 42, Heavy D at only 45, Sugar Hill Gang at only 50? KRS at 21 is disgusting too, with his 13 album resume he has every right to be cocky if he wants 'cause we see Kanye talking all this s*** over 2 overrated albums but KRS backs up ever word he says, how could you be mad at that? I don't see how people could hate on LL for callin' one of his albums "The G.O.A.T." 'cause he truely is, how many mcs does he have to knock out?! I hope Nelly screws up the performance just so LL gets mad and ends his career right there on stage! The only thing they got right is Run-Dmc at #1 'cause they're the greatest hip-hop group. As less experience that I think Nick Cannon has, he could probably rip some of these rappers they put on there. They try to do the history of hip-hop and they do it wrong, oh well at least they try unlike BET like I said earlier.

Edited by bigted

I'm gonna put my money on it that "Party Starter"'ll make it on VH1's top 20 list before it makes it on TRL or 106 & Park, they played "Switch" more than MTV and BET did, they got a lot of love for Will so I doubt they wouldn't honor him and Jeff, if they don't honor JJFP, they sure won't honor Heavy D, De La Soul, or Biz Markie, JJFP are the kings of feel good hip-hop especially since they outlasted most of them, only De La Soul is still active, you can compare JJFP to today's artists 'cause they're still making albums while if you compare Heavy D to Jay-Z it wouldn't be fair since they're different eras but you could compare JJFP to Jay-Z if you want, wait Jay-Z' retired now so it's not fair either. :stickpoke:

I like what DMC said about Will in that top 50 countdown: "Nice guys do finish 1st!" :yeah: