JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rap 2010

Lerkot

How do you think the rap world will be in 5 years? What way do you think it will develope? I think in the next five years we are first gonna get more and more gangsta and maybe all other kinds of rap will die totally. In the end of this five year era I think we are going to see another interesting thing - the kids of the oldschool rappers will be around 17-20 then, and sum of them might gonna become world famous starts already in 2009-2010. Like, I wouldnt be surprised at all if Trey is gonna be on the next JJFP album and that might start the trend. Gonna be interesting if that happens. Well anyway, when the rapper kids joins the game, I think we will have a more versatile era in the future, like 2010-2020 will be alot more like the eighties rap game than its now. Maybe.

Edited by Lerkot

I thnink they'll be little change by the end of this decade. Maybe a few new big artists but none that will be that good. The rulers may still be 50, Kanye etc which is shame.

i think, well i hope, the gangsta rap sound will die out. I think people may get bored of it soon. Kayne West seems to be helping the fall of gangsta rap, even if people dont think he has many skills, he is pointing rap in the right direction.

I think if lost and found is more successful that will help rap too, only slighty coz i dont think Will could make that much difference.

i'm kinda with Kev... the rulers still may be Kanye and 50 Cent.

it brings up a point that my English teacher made. with all of this technology we have, we often take our predictions too far. he said back in the 50's they were talkin about all kinds of stuff happening in the 80's that didn't happen till the 90's and 2000's. i mean think about 5 years ago in the rap game. what was different? gangsta rap was still in, Eminem was comin' up, Dre was comin out with Chronic 2001. i don't have a reason to believe that 2010 rap will be drastically different than it is right now.

Five years? That ain't much. 50 cent will probably drop his last albums or something by then.

But i think gangsta rap is dying out and will be replaced with rap that is concentratet into different topics. Hiphop will sell less and get less of a popular culture. It's been milked too much. Just like rock was or pop was. It has it's period and I think it's first period is now on it's way to fade out with only having a few top artists selling as much as others.

Kanye west isn't even rappin in five years. He's dropping graduation next year and Good Ass Job year after that, then he's out according to him. 50 Cent will be too boring and passé by then. He'll probably drop his last album in about five years. Eminem has quit by then.

The Game may hold it up fot the gangstarap trend, but not many others.

Like there will be southern rap, eastcoast, westcoast, and noone that'll unite them all. That's why i think Hiphop is gonna fade out for a couple of years maybe a decade. We're already seeing it beginning.

Hip-hop's popularity is really going down, 5 years ago there was quite more platinum albums, Nelly and Em sold 10 million with about 10 others going platinum, this year they're selling half of that, actually Nelly's seling 1/3 of that, and you barely have anybody with a gold album, slowly it's becoming a dying trend, maybe there'll be a challenge for commercial rappers to step their game up when they start selling less, but most likely there'll probably kids who were influenced by 50 Cent, Nelly, and Em coming into the game so nothing might change, hopefully the tables turn and those few young kids like us that were influenced by JJFP that come into the game to bring quality hip-hop back, that'd be hot if kids from Slick Rick, Chuck D, KRS, LL, Rakim, and FP took after their dads, hip-hop royalty! :gettinjiggywitit: I honestly think that wouldn't happen though, they'll probably wanna do other things instead of rapping since they know that they can't top their dads either, I don't think that a lot of the ol' school mcs are gonna stop either 'cause they ain't in it for the money, even when hip-hop's faded away, they'll probably still be doing shows behind the scenes for us die hard fans, hip-hop lives through them.

Edited by bigted

Yeah I hope that I'll have an album out by 2010, I'm gonna have Tim help me with my website, that'll be 10 years since I started rapping back in 2000 I should be able to pick a good 20 songs out of 500 that I'll have written by then! :lolsign: Either that or I'll be a songwriter behind the scenes, who knows what'll happen then, hopefully it's for the better though.

Yeah I hope that I'll have an album out by 2010, I'm gonna have Tim help me with my website, that'll be 10 years since I started rapping back in 2000 I should be able to pick a good 20 songs out of 500 that I'll have written by then! :lolsign: Either that or I'll be a songwriter behind the scenes, who knows what'll happen then, hopefully it's for the better though.

Can you feauture me on a Track?We could make an Oold Skool Track..I`m gonna spin the wheels..I think Im quit good in it by then!

But well maybe you`ll forget us al when your famous and you will feauture Mix Master Mike or Jazzy :lolsign:

Man, it's scary 2 think where it'll be. 2 look at the downward spiral that it has been in the past 10 years, it worries me where it's going. I believe that there will always be a true skool Hip-Hop genre...that may always have almost a strictly undergroung/cult following. I could see the commercial image of rap staying in the awful state it is in...but at the same time, people have 2 get sick of this crap. As these 15 year old's grow up, they are gonna have 2 realize that Nelly and Ja-Rule just don't make good music. And are the kids who are 10 right now really gonna like the same empty stuff like Lil' Jon and Chingy? I don't understand it now...and i won't understand it then. Hopefully people will get sick of the fake gangsta stuff and the untalented people getting signed and the fact of Hip-Hop and commerical Rap will change.