JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

late-regist-L and F

I think "10", "And In This Corner...", "Born To Reign" and "14 Shots To The Dome" are better than Kanye's 2 albums and they're FP and LL's worst, he might have some flow but he ain't no LL.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ted thats the point im trying to make

Kanye west is no LL Cool J and Will Smith Aint No Kanye West. There Completely Different with 2 different styles. And its up to the people who they like best. Bassicly what this post is trying to do is make peoples minds up when it should be done by then. Doesn't matter who's albums beat who's at the end of the day all of these artists do one thing and one thing only. Make music for the fans that love it. But the fans who supposed to love it are making comparisons about them when there shouldn't be any need for it. Sorry but that's how i feel. There's albums by unsigned artists that will probably neva get heard. And they could be doper than any will smith album. Anyone's album it's just your own choice. And i respect them choices.

Basically if you're more into new school hip-hop you'd like Kanye West better and if you're more into ol' school hip-hop you'd like LL Cool J and Will Smith better, now you could compare Jay-Z to LL Cool J and Will Smith if you want 'cause he's done a lot of things that they've done, he's released 9 albums: some good some great and a couple average in between just like Will but I prefer Will over Jigga 'cause I'm an ol' school hip-hop fan that respects the history but Jay-Z has followed the same path and done some original things of his own too with his clothing line and sneakers that I see a lot of kids wearing where Will has dominated the box office, has a classic sitcom, and was Oscar nominated on the side of his 9 albums, both are renaissance men, Jay-Z also proved that he could do a great album like "Mama Said Knock You Out" without guest appearances when he did "The Blueprint" but I prefer "Mama Said Knock You Out" 'cause of the reason that I'm more of an ol' school hip-hop fan, they all have millions of fans, it's just who you like more I guess, Kanye is a work in progress though no doubt.

Why can't i just be into ALL hiphop AND LOVE ALL ARTISTS?

I LOVE WILLS / JAZZYS MUSIC, without even giving snap about them being old school rappers/djs. I just like their music. I don't think when i listen to music, i don't compare, i just let my senses tell me about it.

I like LL too, I like Kanye. I like Jay, I Like DMC, I like Slick Rick, Masta Ace is one of my fav rappers, Rakim is a inspiratioin but at the same time Common and Kanye is too.

Get out of ya boxes. Be free, dare to love more music.

If u say YE ain' got a flow u basically don't know **** about flows. Just listen to Diamonds or Addicted. Even Gone.

Ted: Well kanye is still developing, but he has more lyrics that are felt at the same time he still isn't a bad lyricist considering his sometimes advanced rhyme-scheme (Diamonds, Roses, Drive Slow, Never let me down, get em high). and his rhyme are sometimes genius (but sometimes he tries too much and get's just corny).

They people in life are seasons, and anything that happen it's for a reason

And niggaz gun clapping they keep to squeezing and gram keep praying and keep believing

In Jesus, and one day that you see him

Till they walk in his footsteps and try to be him

The devil is a lie I feel him breathing

Claiming money is the key, so keep on dreaming

And put them lottery tickets just to tease us

My aunt Pam can't them cigarettes down

So now my little cousin smoking them cigarettes now

His job try to claim that he too niggerish now

Is it cause be skin blacker than liquorish now

I can't figure it out, I sick of it now

I like Kanye, but to say he's as good as LL or Will would be a bit over the top. He's only been around for a short time. He has a good style tho, it's just different than Will and LL. That doesn't mean he's not good tho, it's just going to take some time to reach the skills and success of rappers that have been around for a long time and have had experience in the rap game. :word:

If u say YE ain' got a flow u basically don't know **** about flows.

thank you..yeah i think late reg is a better album..wills is dope..but will can look to him as inspiration for a new record..and a possible collaboration..kanyes flow is rediculous, his beats are sick, his lyrics are deep and complex, and sadly, they make wills 'l and f' seem a lil self-serving..will is my fav rapper of all time, but kanyes got my respect as well..and he put an amzing product on the shelf

Glad someone see's it as my view. Doesn't matter if you new or old school, I admit i was just born when the ol' school came, but still doesn't mean i dont respect it, i respect all artists just by getting thier names out there, Kanye came thru as a producer now he's killin it rapping, who doesn't have respect for the man,

I got into hip-hop listening to "All World" and "Big Willie Style" so I'm always gonna have a personal bias of FP and LL being ahead of everybody else(even Public Enemy and KRS 'cause I just got into them recent years) but I like a lot of other rappers too of all ages, skills is skills, I actually got Jay-Z' "Fade To Black" DVD recently, he could rock a crowd well and Kanye's following Jay's footsteps, it's also better for somebody to compare Kanye to Will than comparing 50 Cent to Will! Kanye's 2 albums are superior to 50's overrated 2 that's for sure, his albums have a spot in my collection while I wouldn't be caught dead bumpin' 50. :word: It's all about preference, it's like who's better Michael Jackson or Usher? Shaq or Wilt? Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali? All these cats got talent and fans! btw, I don't think "Lost and Found" is Will's best album either, that crown goes to "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" 'cause it may be ol' school but it's musical genius, Jazzy is an awesome producer and turntablist that compliments Will's rhyme skills the best, I think LL should do some songs with Marley Marl again too 'cause that's when LL was really on top of his game, Timbaland and Pharrell are great but Marley Marl's production is superior, "Lost and Found" is lacking Jeff too much to call it most superior, I think "Willenium", "Homebase", and "Code Red" come closer, and I think when Will becomes too serious it's time to retire 'cause an album without a fun FP club track would be like an LL album without a love song, a PE album without a political song, Slick Rick without storytellin', it's his personna. Naturally I'd feel a lil' dissapointed when they rank "College Dropout" and "Blueprint" in magazines as top albums of all-time ahead of "Mama Said Knock You Out" and "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" but Jay and Kanye fans would feel the same way if their albums weren't mentioned, that's why we like what we like, agree to disagree, that's why there's forums, I always get into debates too about "Willenium" being better than "Marshall Mathers LP" to those I know that're Eminem fans but they can't deny that he sucks now "Lost and Found" wins hands down against "Encore" and they'll admit it. :stickpoke: :lolsign: Bottomline, JJFP and LL deserve the most respect 'cause they went platinum at a time where only Michael Jackson, Prince, and Madonna would get airplay on top 40 radio, they wouldn't play hip-hop, it's not like now when every rapper on a major label goes platinum where they all get as much spins as Britney Spears on top 40 radio.

Edited by bigted

kanyes flow is rediculous,

yeah .. ridiculously bad.. if you think kanyes flow is good.. you need to hear some real rap :lolsign: :lolsign:

i need to hear some real rap..yet im on a FP board..what are you trying to say? :stickpoke: i think kanyes awesome-get over it and let me express my opinions on a messageboard..i think thats what they are here for

yeah .. ridiculously bad.. if you think kanyes flow is good.. you need to hear some real rap :lolsign: :lolsign:

Come on now Kanye ain't that bad, sure he ain't as a great as Will but to say that he has no flow is being a hater, well people hate on Will so I guess the hate has to go around! :pony: :lolsign:

Come on now Kanye ain't that bad, sure he ain't as a great as Will but to say that he has no flow is being a hater, well people hate on Will so I guess the hate has to go around! :pony: :lolsign:

I think your right, golddigger is one of my fav songs

I'm not knocking Kanye...but his flow is not good. Listen 2 his voice...and his artificial southern drawl that pops in from time 2 time. Kanye has never been agressive on the mic. Listen 2 FP's flow...listen 2 the way he shines on every track he's done, reguardless of the subject matter or prodution. Kanye just dosen't have that.