JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will and Interscope are making me mad

njc2b5

Y'all gotta realize that it isn't FP deciding these things, it's a PR and Marketing team put together by Overbrook & Interscope. Getting people on shows ain't easy if they ain't got anything new to come with, cause tv-shows can always find something hot that attracts people.

It's gone too long time for him to promote in the same way he did at the album launch.

The Golden oppotunity eas at Live 8 and NBA finals. If he had done PS it would've jumpen off. He didn't and it isn't only his fault, it is mainly Interscope and His marketing teams fault.

Agreed... I don't think that we can speak definitively because none of us are sure of what the dynamics are behind the promotion of the album and we're not exactly sure of what the roles of the respective companies are.

Promotion could have been, and can still be better. I hope none of ya'll are surprised... I've been saying that this could happen for a while now.

I'm personally not surprised this could be expected, if there is a positive light out of all this I'd say even though "Switch" never made it to TRL or 106 & Park and get into heavy rotation like most rappers that have hit albums out, it still was able to be one of the top selling hip-hop albums this year, it didn't totally like it could've with what happened on "Born To Reign", of course it could be a lil' better if Will performed somethin' else but I really don't know how much better, the "Party Starter" video just needs to come out so we could see what happens, somebody has to release it, but since it's floppin' on radio and the album sales fell so much it might not get onto TRL and 106 & Park if there's not a huge audience behind the radioplay right now and there's lil' interest about the album, but it might too, they just have to try to release it, Will didn't really promote "Willenium" that much better either, he only promoted it for a couple months too and didn't have the tour he was originally planning to have but the album still went double platinum, more fans were interested in him back then too, this isn't his fault now, you can't force people that like that garbage out on the airwaves to like Will Smith, they're ignorant and that's the reason the rap game sucks right now, we got Will Smith and Common out there with the best albums this year but they're not sellin' as much as 50 Cent and Mike Jones, Common's gonna probably outsell Will a lil' bit eventually 'cause it seems that he's having a lil' better promotion with his singles but he ain't gonna do 50 Cent numbers either, which is a shame 'cause people need to hear that album too, that's hip-hop from the soul.

I think we are all acting pretty ungrateful for what Will did for us on Lost and found. Any other person would have said forget the music and done another film. But no Will missed out on $20 million, in fact he probably could have done 2 movies so thats $40 million. i would love to see any1 here thats complained say no to that kind of money.

We are so lucky that Will took the time out and made one of his best albums to date. Yes i would love more perfomances, more promotion, but lets face it, we are so lucky with what we got.

We wanted Jeff on the album - we got a bit

we wanted a dvd - we got one

we wanted a tour - getting one hopefully

everything we asked for we got. Dont hate Will for all this, he gave up so much for the music. Blame interscope they are in charge of promotion.

Things are moving slowely, Will will finish filming and he pick up on lost and found again.

I think we are all acting pretty ungrateful for what Will did for us on Lost and found. Any other person would have said forget the music and done another film. But no Will missed out on $20 million, in fact he probably could have done 2 movies so thats $40 million. i would love to see any1 here thats complained say no to that kind of money.

We are so lucky that Will took the time out and made one of his best albums to date. Yes i would love more perfomances, more promotion, but lets face it, we are so lucky with what we got.

We wanted Jeff on the album - we got a bit

we wanted a dvd - we got one

we wanted a tour - getting one hopefully

everything we asked for we got. Dont hate Will for all this, he gave up so much for the music. Blame interscope they are in charge of promotion.

Things are moving slowely, Will will finish filming and he pick up on lost and found again.

:iagree: Will said that he's doing the music to please his fans not to be the top seller and that's what's he's done with "Lost and Found", like I said earlier if people don't have the album by now that means they ain't fans, this is his 9th album, not many rappers have made that many and been in the game so long, we should be grateful that Will still wants to entertain us fans 'cause he doesn't have to, he could be greedy and just stick to making $20 million a film and abandon his music fans like Marky Mark did.

Yep, you've gotta put things into perspective like Julie said. If two years ago you were to make a checklist of all the cool stuff you'd like Will to do music-wise in the future, what hasn't he done?

My list would probably have gone something like this, in an ideal world...

Respectable JJFP/Will Album... GOT a very respectable Will album, with a hint of Jeff

Jeff and Will touring different places perfroming old and new stuff to huge audiences... GOT

If someone said two years ago this was going to happen I bet we'd all of been mad excited...

• Admin

Will should have some of the blame. If he really really wanted to, Party Starter would be out by now and if he really really wanted to, Lost & Found would be selling a lot more now... but Will doesnt care about sales as much as we do. Interscope should of course have most of the blame tho, but still, Will should have done more.

Will has no control over when interscope releases the music..why can't people understand this.. its not in Wills hands.. once he hands over the video its entirely up to them to release it...

If Will tours this winter, I would be quite surprised.

JJFP is coming back, I don't have any reason to care about Lost & Founds sucess any longer... I just wait for the future.

I don't think the tour will happen....just my idea! I hope I'm wrong tho!

If Will tours this winter, I would be quite surprised.

JJFP is coming back, I don't have any reason to care about Lost & Founds sucess any longer... I just wait for the future.

I don't think the tour will happen....just my idea! I hope I'm wrong tho!

I think it could still happen if Will says he doin' this for his fans he should try to find a lil' time to tour for us, I'd rather see him take time out to shoot more music videos and work on a JJFP album 1st, I'll probably have a hard time gettin' a ticket anyway, I'd prefer if he did a couple concerts in between and record them for DVD like the one he did for the "Hitch" DVD and maybe have different guests perform with him this time.

Edited by bigted