JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

the obvious and not so

rawad_m

probably obvious question to you guys, can radion stations only play songs released as singles(which i guess they must since they can't just play a whole album) and, completely unrelated question...

while im at it, ive been listening to so fresh lately, and listened to slick rick's rap and plainly...i don't get it!...he's obviously using a lllooot of ambigious language, i think alludding to his time in jail and all that stuff, to me it just sounds all messed up, anybody care to explain what he's trying to get across?????? :help:

Edited by rawad_m

I think Radio Stations can do whatever they want, but they just don't do it. Some DJs make a lot of money, and some don't. It's all about what's popular, in other words what the majority of poeple want to hear. If it's a big city radio station like Hot 97's or over in Oakland, you'll hear a lil different from what you'd hear in smaller cities. Big Cities= Popular Sound and Music. Small Cities= Popular Music

Well, radio stations can do whatever they want. But these days, if it's not released as a promo or single, it has about zero chance 2 make it on the radio. Sometimes the b-side 2 a single has a chance of making it tho.' I haven't heard album music make the radio since the mid-90's. Everything is so commercial these days.

the radio station i listen to has been playing some of Kaynes unreleased stuff. They just played it as promo for the Cd really, they did the same for Mariah and played mr nice guy the day before lost and found came out.

Once on a local radio station, during the b2r days they played block party, that was pretty cool.

Yeah, in my area, DJ's will play a lot of unreleased tracks, for like 50 and all the other lousy rappers today, but it seems like with Will, you can't even get them to play the songs he has released.

I know that Radio 1 will play out a whole album out during a dj's show or during the day, if it's a big album coming out.

I think the last one they did was for Coldplays X&Y

I know that Radio 1 will play out a whole album out during a dj's show or during the day, if it's a big album coming out.

I think the last one they did was for Coldplays X&Y

Wow, that's cool! I've never heard of a radio station that does that! Have they ever played one of Will's albums?

yeah i suppose radio stations could play anything they want, but they rarely do over here unless some1 requests it or it's some hot mainstream $h!t exclusive bonus tracks or somethin lol. of course they would never play one of Will's non-single tracks... hell they don't even play any of his music over here except Summertime