JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Code Red IS Will's Best Album

Hero1

• Admin

I've kind of wrestled with which is Will's best album for years now.. but I think I've finally come to the conclusion..it is Code Red..

How do I judge that..

Well heres my reasons why..

The Amount of Times I've Listened to the Album: Code Red is my most listened to album ever Ive probably listened to it over 10, 000 times...

How it Sounds Today: I can listen to this album..and it doesnt sound old or dated.. it still sounds fresh 12 years later...

The Production: I Think this is one of the best produced albums in hip hop history..seriously well produced...

The Beats: Pete Rock, Teddy Riley, Dallas Austin, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Hula & K.Fingers(Summertime) That is probably the best collection of producers in hip hop, especially in the 90s.. What makes the album so timeless and so easy to listen to over and over again..is the beats..they are simply amazing

Fresh Prince Rhymes: If you break down the tracks..each song sort of has a purpose, fresh princes rhymes are extremely focussed and on point

The Style: Code Red is a wonderful mix of old school stylings, old skool JJFP with a new raw harder 1993 sound, its a beautiful blend that just..works!

The Tempo: Listening to the album, it has a great mix of uptempo tracks and downtempo chilled out tracks..it just flows extremely well...

Party & Serious: You could listen to Code Red and easily say COde Red is best party rap album ever made.. its great to throw in at a party..and to dance to..but equally its just as good to sit back and chill to with tracks like aint no place like home just kickin it and shadow dreams

No Filler: With just 12 tracks theres no room for weak tracks and there isnt any, each song is different nothing sounds the same, and there are no tracks to continually skip.. The fact that From Da South and Get Hyped (2 great JJFP tracks) didnt make the album is a sign of its quality

Anyone can enjoy Code Red: From lorettas to the JJFP Hype Fan to Hip Hop Heads to Pop Rap fans.. everyone can get down with this album...

So those are my reasons for declaring Code Red as Will Smith's Best Album :2thumbs:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta agree Tim, Shadow Dreams is the clincher for me, I think it's their best track.

I never ever think to myself 'Which album is their best', normally I'd just get one playing and I'd be more tyhan happy that I'd found such a great artist/group to listen to...

"Code Red" is a classic for all those reasons in the early '90s, that should be ranked up there with "Illmatic", "Chronic", and "Return Of Da Boom Bap" but I think "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" is the best one, there's no doubt that JJFP deserved the 1st rap grammy, that album's solid from beginning 'til end, classic FP storytellin', Ready Rock C beatboxing, and Jazzy on the wheels, this album blew JJFP's career up, it gets no better than that, classic hip-hop, it might need to be remastered now but so does "It Takes A Nation Of Millions..." and "Raising Hell" which were other landmark albums from that era.

i did the math for 10,000 times 57.1(album time) and it came out to be 571,000 then i divided it by 60 and that came out to be 9516.6667 then 60 again to make it hours and that came to 158 hours, then divided that by 24 for days and then it came to 6.6087963

so if my math is right (which its most likeley not) you listened to code red for about 7 days straight

Edited by WILL IS ILL

"Code Red" wasn't really that popular so I don't think many pop rap fans would really roll with it too much, it's more appealing to the hip-hop fanbase, "He's The DJ..." reaches credability with everybody, pop fans and hip-hop fans, whether you were listening to New Kids On The Block or Public Enemy, you were feelin' "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper", that album reached all fans.