JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Eminem is not retiring actually...

bea321

SOURCE: http://www.canada.com/entertainment/story....a3-4dffb470c699

'I'm not retiring,' insists rapper Eminem

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

NEW YORK -- Is Eminem headed for retirement -- or just taking a break?

Earlier this month, reports from his hometown of Detroit quoted sources as saying the 32-year-old rapper would play his last concert at Slane Castle in Dublin, Ireland, on Sept. 17, at the end of his Anger Management tour.

In a posting on its website, MTV quotes Eminem as saying, "I'm not retiring," and also denying that Encore is his last album.

Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, is quoted as saying: "When I say I'm taking a break, I'm taking a break from my music to go in the studio and produce my other artists and put their albums out."

He is also quoted as saying, "When I know my next move, I'll tell everyone my next move. Not some reporter who writes a story about 'This is Eminem's last album.' I never said (Encore) was my last album."

Phone messages and e-mails left with the rapper's publicist by The Associated Press hadn't been returned Monday.

Eminem has won nine Grammys, including best rap album for The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show. He won an Oscar for the song Lose Yourself from the 2002 film 8 Mile, in which he also starred.

MORE:

www.mtv.com

www.eminem.com

• Members

Yeah, I read that before. It's obviously a massive publicity stunt to promote his Anger Management Tour. This is why sometimes Slim gets on my nerves. :mad:

No comment! :lolsign:

No comment!  :lolsign:

Same here, but I will say this, I have had it. In the words of Reagan, "Read My Lips." (well typings for you interneters) I am officially through with anything and everything to do with the G-Unit..Shady..Aftermath camp, Period! I will not hear them out for any reason whatsoever. I'm not even gonna allow them to grab my short attention span. More like no attention span.

You know how Carlton said "You can't just give a guy the wink and the gun and then not give him the job!", well I say "You can't just put out a last crappy album and not retire."

Buck up?!?! Buck Off!!!! :haha:

• Members

Same here, but I will say this, I have had it. In the words of Reagan, "Read My Lips." (well typings for you interneters) I am officially through with anything and everything to do with the G-Unit..Shady..Aftermath camp, Period! I will not hear them out for any reason whatsoever.

But why? G-Unit have dropped 5 solid albums back to back. Atleast complete the series with Yayo's new album, then stop listening to them. :2thumbs:

But why? G-Unit have dropped 5 solid albums back to back. Atleast complete the series with Yayo's new album, then stop listening to them. :2thumbs:

"Oh, he don't know me verwee well, do he?" Honestly, I never began a "collection" series with those guys. I will admit however that I downloaded 50 Cent's "Get Rich." (only to later give it to my bro becuz I didn't really need to or what to keep it) and that I 'received' G-Unit's "Beg For Mercy" (I had picked it up from the shelves one day, but decided not to get it) I listened to it for a bit, but I haven't now in ages. And I have "Power of A Dollar", but even that's tired. It's too much of the same and it's nearly below weak. And another honest point is that this whole G-Unit got on top becuz of the sappy or easy hooks and what not. (And even they know cuz they admitted to it). Knowing that, U'd (I mean you, YOU, you know?, the person reading this) will get tired of it. It will sound catchy at first, then after you hear it a 2nd or 3rd time 'within' the song even when it's nearly over, you will realize how dumb it sounds just because it had your attention a few seconds, you wonder why you "heard right" in the first place.

You know what we need (I just now thought of this as we speak), we need another movie like Hollywood Shuffle (which may or may not be a mistake with the way movies are now) but depicting this Rap that everybody's on. I mean CB4 was in mist of the gangsta era starting and continuing on long after it. That movie was all good fun. They even made a lil fun of 'Black Conscious' Hip Hop with Dead Mike's song "I'm Black". How do you go from Albert to MC Gusto? Retorical question I believe is the correct term term for that.

And just when you think G-Unit is at an end, guess again because they have got plenty more. Mr. Curtis Jackson is depicting his life in movie. Quite 8 Mile-ish I guess. I will be shocked if it doesn't do good at the box office. We all know it won't do Will Smith numbers. That's an easy recognization. 50 could've been in one of the hottest and most controversal selling game's in the country (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas), but he said "No, I'm doing my own game." And on a side note, 'The Game' was a voice on GTA, so I guess he took 50's spot or something.

And why ask me how I know or am stating so much about G-Unit? Because that was then, and I'll tell you anything about the 'then' that you what to know. G-Unit 'now', will not exist. I will not :shakehead: at wangstas, wonder why kids who learned the alphabet in preschool or kindergarden can't recite any letters except G numerous times with no rhythm, wonder why stores lose profits because all there teenage employees are concerned with is 50 Cent (but if they're into Lloyd Banks it's ok :lolsign:)

Somebody might as well have given me a :rant: for :yeahthat:. Perhaps I'll organize a :protest: only to be :ignored: :hmm:, I think that's a bit much. I've certainly gone off the deep end. :overhere: :sinking: :ohdear:

Was all this funny? Did I make you laugh? Did I make you think? Am I amusing to you? Well, I ain't :mad: at cha. You're probably asking, "Is he :3-sick1:?" or "Has he gone :crazy:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go play GTA: SA :bandana: :exitstageright:

Edited by mfuqua23