JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Something I Read

I'm not exactly sure why I'm posting this. I guess I just couldn't resist. :smoked: But here it is, just a snippet from a weekly links section of a website I read alot, commenting on a link to that AP article with Will's quotes on rappers and their influence, in which the "maybe they think Will ain't hard enough" line off "I wish I Made that" was printed...

"cnn.com – Bear with me, I have to get this off my chest:

Will, I know your heart is in the right place here, but if you're looking for a reason why your album sales are so low, I've got the answer – you're not a talented rapper. You've got an excellent point about the positives of looking up to someone like Mos Def rather than the gangbanger genre, but don't undermine the credibility of your argument by throwing yourself in the mix. Put on any Mos Def track and then follow with any one of your own – it's not even close. Even as an A-list actor, I think you're underappreciated. But as a rapper? Come on, man. Don't be the whiny guy rationalizing why it's someone else's fault that your record sales are low. You're better than that."

Your thoughts? :hmm:

To me is turned around. I have no idea why in the world Will Smith is counted as one of the greatest actors, while I clearly can see the high quality in the music he does. That guy is way out of track

(and Mos Def aint that good)

Well this guy is like many ppl that don't remember that Will won the first Grammy 4 Rap and JJFP n others put on a boycott against the Grammy's becos they weren't gonna air it on tv. It's becos of Will n others that Rap was taken seriously. This guy doesn't remember any of JJFP albums probably never even listen 2 them. Or even Will's solo albums like BWS which went what how many times Platinum n Willennium. But I guess this dude hasn't seen that Will is the 4th best selling artist rite now n Switch went Platinum. I think Will is a talented actor but he's was a rapper first. He's the only rapper I heard mentioning Greats like P.E, Rakim n RunDMC. This dude needs 2 have his head check. :chuks:

stfu to the guy writing that.

What the hell are you talking about, scyhigh99, that is ridiculous. Maybe you just aren't hearing what Will is saying, because lyrically it is as good as anyone out right now, and he is sending a positive message.

What the hell are you talking about, scyhigh99, that is ridiculous.  Maybe you just aren't hearing what Will is saying, because lyrically it is as good as anyone out right now, and he is sending a positive message.

And what the hell are you talking bout? scyhigh was quoting, maybe you didnt see what he typed, because his writing is as good as anyone out right now, and he is sending a message for us to discuss.

What the hell are you talking about, scyhigh99, that is ridiculous.  Maybe you just aren't hearing what Will is saying, because lyrically it is as good as anyone out right now, and he is sending a positive message.

And what the hell are you talking bout? scyhigh was quoting, maybe you didnt see what he typed, because his writing is as good as anyone out right now, and he is sending a message for us to discuss.

Will may not have the best Lirycs and he may not have always the best beats but he is technichly one of the best!

I`m not writing this as a Fan right now but objective..I would write something with my Fan side abot that it woul be pretty harsh :wink:

lol I kinda just wanted to see you guys reactions :wiggle: but for the record, it wasn't from CNN, it was a guy from ESPN talking about the article, which was on CNN.com, that he gave a link to. ANYways, it's just his opinion. He's not disrespecting Will, he's just... wrong (in my humble opinion).

In any case, the guy who wrote that is not all bad. He also had the following link on his site the same day...

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/?videoId=127539,565

...which is, yes, San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker rapping in his native French tongue at some type of NBA championship party/rally. HIGHLY amusing. I love the others guys' reactions.

I think its cold, mean and heartless. Thats why I can't be a celebrity in Hollywood, cuz stuff like that would make me real self conscious, then I prolly get depressed... I learn to ignore some things ppl say, cuz its their opinions,..but sometymes it does get to us. I wander how Will feels to read stuff like that tho? Thats so sad...

I cant stand to hear negative stuff like that about ppl like Will cuz its only their opinion. All they're tryna do is leave a negative impression in ppls minds...

Thank God we think differently tho right? :2thumbs:

thx 4 posting this ...

peace,

cookie