JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Big Willie Weekend

• Members

So What's everyone's plan for Big Willie weekend then coming up July 1st - July 4th this year! How are we going to celebrate the weekend og Big Willie? Im going to a friends party as a Will Smith character as my tribute, then obviously a Will Smith marathon movie session on Sunday, music on Monday followed by the traditional watching of Independance day of July 4th. Perfect Big Willie weekend, if onyl there was the traditional Will Smith movie coming out too! Should have released Party Starter.

Independence day seems a bigger thing that Christmas in the states.

I havent watched ID4 in years so maybe i shud dust off the old VHS come monday

As of right now, me and my friends don't have 2 many plans. Some of us were gonna go 2 Live 8 in Philly but i desided that basically the ONLY reason i waz gonna go waz 2 see JJ+FP and that since it seemed so unorganized and since they might only do one of those 15 minute medleys, i figured i'd hold out until they tour in a few months.

Instead, we are gonna see fireworks at one of the battlefeilds. We have a huge group coming. We might watch ID4...but JJ+FP will be being played all weekend, that's 4 sure.

Well I'm gonna watch all my Will Smith movies that I have. And then I gonna blow up sum firecrackers. I still I a shoe box n a shopping bag full of fireworks from New Year's. I gonna c if I can catch the LIVE 8 thing 2. :music:

It's time to play the, Contrasts Between JJFP Forum Posts from the UK about July 4th and Away Messages from My Buddy List on July 4th, Game!!!

"Independence day seems a bigger thing that Christmas in the states." -kevtastic

"Celebrating the worst holiday EVVVVVVVVVVER. I guess ill pretend like im pumped. But im not" -actual American AIM away msg

"i wish we had an independance day. I also wish we were as patriotic as u guys." -julie

"AMERICA -- **** Yeah! Commin' again to save the mother****in' World, yeah!" -a second actual away msg, displaying the serious/mocking patriotism of a real American teen quoting Team AMerica: World Police

I just found this amusing, even tho it's CLEARLY just a selective sample. For the record, I think July 4th is cool, Boston throws a ginormous bash thing nationally televised, because we pretty much founded this here country (that's right, Phili, just cuz we signed the papers there doesn't mean you can take all the credit), but personally, I have more plans for tommorow than I did for today. Fireworks are fun, but they hurt my ears up close. Good times.

YOO ESS AYE ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! :chuks: :pony: :2thumbs:

Edited by scyhigh99

well i really didn't do anything that much different than a regular day. my family and I had a nice BBQ lunch outside on our picnic table, we havent done that in years. then of course at about 9:00 pm we went to our city's recreation center where they always throw this big fireworks show free for anyone to come and see. it lasted about 30 min and it was pretty fun 2 watch. i didn't get a chance to watch ID4 tho, i think i might try and watch it 2day (:random smiley alert:) :smoked: :punk:

(:random smiley alert:)  :smoked:  :punk:

Your smilie alerts are coming out more than terrorist alerts. :haha:

If everything "terrorist" was replaced with all things "smiley", the world would be a much better place. Time for some random smiley-age of my own: :pharoah: :overhere: :exitstageright:

Cookouts, cookouts, and more cookouts. It's just a great time to hang with family and friends. I think the reason Independence Day seems to be on par with Christmas is what Christmas still represents to many people. It's an occasion for joy and happiness indeed, but it can also be quite sombering. Independence Day is all about having fun, the weather's warm, and there's more to do, no inhibitions and no obstacles (like snow and the cold). I personaly enjoy Christmas more for what it represents and the general atmosphere of the season (giving being better than receiving as opposed to accidentally burning people's houses down with fireworks... lol.) But that's my stream of consciousness for the day.